• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks 1:15 PST

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense did have a pretty decent day. Not LOB decent, but better than they have played in weeks. A lot to build on after this division win.
It actually was LOB worthy until they switched to the soft zone. Then they got torn up a bit. 100% coach's fault, not the D.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for the Seahawks. I was worried about the 49ers. What makes it even better is the Rams losing.
Same... Positive note is we gained a game SF and LA and a 1/2 game on Zona... Always a great day when you can gain on everyone in your division...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a great game but the old defense showed it's head and now i have a VERY BAD TASTE in my mouth!

Yep, that’s the Elephant in the room... This defense... Today they were way more aggressive early on and it worked, more blitzing, way more pressure... But you can’t help but to think Ken’s not gonna learn from it and he’ll fall right back into his conservative habits .... I get the feeling Pete made him get more aggressive today, but it just doesn’t seem to be in Norton’s nature to consistently do that ...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that’s the Elephant in the room... This defense... Today they were way more aggressive early on and it worked, more blitzing, way more pressure... But you can’t help but to think Ken’s not gonna learn from it and he’ll fall right back into his conservative habits .... I get the feeling Pete made him get more aggressive today, but it just doesn’t seem to be in Norton’s nature to consistently do that ...

I like what a saw in defense. Way better than last week.....

It gets better next week.

WRECKING BALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best defensive showing for Seattle this season. Just to piss off Shark, I'm giving Norton a B+ for this week. :trash:

DJ Reed played a helk of a game today on his debut w/ the Hawks...

Wags played the best game of any defender this year on the Hawks... He was all over the place... Much needed with the way the defense has been playing...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Reed played a heck of a game today on his debut w/ the Hawks...

Wags played the best game of any defender this year on the Hawks... He was all over the place... Much needed with the way the defense has been playing...

First off: Corrected your spelling mistake

2nd: That is a name that I haven't heard alot of this year. Bobby Wagner

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best defensive showing for Seattle this season. Just to piss off Shark, I'm giving Norton a B+ for this week. :trash:

A B+!?

They still hung 350+ yards on us with Nick fuckin' Mullen's shredding our D and put 27 points on the board! And everyone knows Jimmy gporrlrorlrlo sucks so whatever.

I'll give Norton an F+ this game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy tweeted missing players today...Jamal Adams Shaquille Griffin Mychal Kendricks Damon Harrison Carlos Dunlap Chris Carson Carlos Hyde Rasheem Green Rashaad Penny Darrell Taylor Benson Mayowa Ugo Amadi Mike Iupati

Should be amazing with all of them back next week.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of players missing in todays game not just on defense which felt like 2/3rd were out but the offense also the Hawks did a good job. Also even though the 49ers got some points late, and it still stings, when you think about how they had held them to 7 points for 85% of the game it was a great showing but the end results were almost the same because of being so damn soft on the prevent. This team can barely play defense and when you play the worst defensive scheme ever ( the prevent ) you are just asking for a loss. I don't care if we are up 30 points with 5 minutes left this defense is capable of losing that lead so STOP PLAYING PREVENT! At least until the 2 minute warning in the 4th with a 21+ point lead.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what a saw in defense. Way better than last week.....

It gets better next week.

WRECKING BALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s gonna help ... He’s a freakish talent...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win, Niners lose, Rams lose, Packers lose (to a team we beat). Not much to dislike about that kind of day. Unless you got worried about the garbage time yards & points by SF, that one was pretty easy on the nerves even before the end of the 3rd qtr. Some of my thoughts about the game:
  • It might be a little premature (but not much) to call him the best WR in the league, but there isn't one I would take over DK right now.
  • My hat is off to DeeJay Dallas. His ypc wasn't impressive, but he handled the emergency workload well and made some gains (mostly catching the ball) where it looked like it was going to be a disaster.
  • Welcome to the 2020 season, Bobby Wagner!! Not like he was playing poorly up to this point, but his LB mate KJ has been tearing it up while Bobby has been more or less just making expected plays. Yesterday he was a menace, and it's been a while since we could say that.
  • Unless Russell just lays a turd the next 9 games, he's the MVP. The O had a really rough start, but it definitely woke up all the ponies there in the 2nd qtr. Russell made his usual quota of ridiculous throws without putting the ball in harm's way, and aside from a few throwaways and a couple plays where it looked like Greg Olsen was in the wrong place (why is he still here??), he was on point and in control.
  • Great overall performance by the D, especially considering what the other games have looked like. We were fortunate to be playing an injury-riddled offense, but we saw QB pressure, aggressiveness, lots of hits on the passer, and they took the ball away. Only giving up 7 points until the game's outcome was no longer in question was way better than I expected, even with SF not having Deebo Samuel & Mostert.
  • Even on occasions when Jimmy G is healthy, SF should start Mullens against us. He sucks against everyone else, but he rips us up every time.
Hopefully this next week is finally when we will see the return of Jamal Adams and the debut of Snacks. And if Dunlap is also able to go (not sure why he wouldn't be by that point), then that's quite a 3 player add to a unit coming off its best performance of the year. I'll take a 6-1 start to a season every single time, and we still have upcoming games against Eagles, Giants, Football Team, and the Jets. We're basically 10-1 right now.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more: I thought the roughing call on Alton Robinson was BS. He didn't drive him to the ground, didn't hit him in the head/neck (from what I could tell), didn't lead with the crown, didn't hit him late. No way should that hit be a penalty.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more: I thought the roughing call on Alton Robinson was BS. He didn't drive him to the ground, didn't hit him in the head/neck (from what I could tell), didn't lead with the crown, didn't hit him late. No way should that hit be a penalty.
Agreed... I couldn't understand why he was penalized... You can see Pete tell him, "you did everything right" when he went to the sidelines... Pete congratulated him on the play...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win, Niners lose, Rams lose, Packers lose (to a team we beat). Not much to dislike about that kind of day. Unless you got worried about the garbage time yards & points by SF, that one was pretty easy on the nerves even before the end of the 3rd qtr. Some of my thoughts about the game:
  • It might be a little premature (but not much) to call him the best WR in the league, but there isn't one I would take over DK right now.
  • My hat is off to DeeJay Dallas. His ypc wasn't impressive, but he handled the emergency workload well and made some gains (mostly catching the ball) where it looked like it was going to be a disaster.
  • Welcome to the 2020 season, Bobby Wagner!! Not like he was playing poorly up to this point, but his LB mate KJ has been tearing it up while Bobby has been more or less just making expected plays. Yesterday he was a menace, and it's been a while since we could say that.
  • Unless Russell just lays a turd the next 9 games, he's the MVP. The O had a really rough start, but it definitely woke up all the ponies there in the 2nd qtr. Russell made his usual quota of ridiculous throws without putting the ball in harm's way, and aside from a few throwaways and a couple plays where it looked like Greg Olsen was in the wrong place (why is he still here??), he was on point and in control.
  • Great overall performance by the D, especially considering what the other games have looked like. We were fortunate to be playing an injury-riddled offense, but we saw QB pressure, aggressiveness, lots of hits on the passer, and they took the ball away. Only giving up 7 points until the game's outcome was no longer in question was way better than I expected, even with SF not having Deebo Samuel & Mostert.
  • Even on occasions when Jimmy G is healthy, SF should start Mullens against us. He sucks against everyone else, but he rips us up every time.
Hopefully this next week is finally when we will see the return of Jamal Adams and the debut of Snacks. And if Dunlap is also able to go (not sure why he wouldn't be by that point), then that's quite a 3 player add to a unit coming off its best performance of the year. I'll take a 6-1 start to a season every single time, and we still have upcoming games against Eagles, Giants, Football Team, and the Jets. We're basically 10-1 right now.
Great breakdown of the game... Having those 3 players back next week will be a sight for sore eyes... We'll hopefully get Shaq Griffin back too from the concussion... I think he's missed the past few games...

Also, speaking of DeeJay... DJ Reed played very good last night considering it was his first game back from his injury... He was the guy SF had released due to his injury... He had an INT and a few PD's...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jimmy G is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain, and Kittles is out 8 weeks with a broken foot.
The Jimmy G injury actually probably helps them but the Kittles injury essentially ends their season.