• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Rams

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are a mess. The injuries have piled up but it seems the team was never ready to play this year.

Rams - 31
49ers - 10

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers are a mess. The injuries have piled up but it seems the team was never ready to play this year.

Rams - 31
49ers - 10

I'll call the upset here, the 49ers re-group and focus like a team. Their backs are against the wall and this will be one of those "chit happens on any Sunday".

49ers 30
Rams 24

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll call the upset here, the 49ers re-group and focus like a team. Their backs are against the wall and this will be one of those "chit happens on any Sunday".

49ers 30
Rams 24
All well and good if they had the players to do it with but if you can't rush the passer and can't cover anyone due to all the injuries, you can focus all you want but will still get beat.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice throw for the TD there.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great bounce back game for the entire team. The DB's did not look like a swiss cheese and Jimmy G had protection and looked much better on that ankle. The only negatives were the dropped passes and Mostert getting hurt.

I don't know what happened to us against the Dolphins. Hopefully this game was a sign that we're finally getting on track. The Patriots are not the same scary team of the past 2 decades anymore. They're still good but very beatable even at home this year. We need that win for the momentum going into the Seattle game. I know everyone is high on Green Bay, but we always have their number. We should be able to manage a 2-1 record in these next 3 games to get ourselves to 5-4 on the season. I think 9-7 is realistic for us and might be enough to reach the playoffs. 10-6 or better will be overachieving at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All well and good if they had the players to do it with but if you can't rush the passer and can't cover anyone due to all the injuries, you can focus all you want but will still get beat.

Well now, chit DID happen. :-)

While i'm VERY happy we beat the Rams, do agree we don't have the "players to do it". With both Bosa and Ford out, we can't rush the passer and even the "2nd tier" QB's will pick up apart. We got the win because chit happened and Goff played like a 3rd tier QB....yesterday. Next time out maybe he picks us to shreds?

We're fighting for a wildcard spot and we're still barely hanging in this race. But with the meat of the schedule coming up, its not looking good.

The offense played well for a half, but then reverted to its 'average' self. Do want to compliment the O-line though, what a fantastic job yesterday. JG's accuracy isn't consistent enough, thats why the offense struggled in the 2nd half. Since we mainly throw short, timing and accuracy is huge. We can't win many games scoring less than 30 points.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great bounce back game for the entire team. The DB's did not look like a swiss cheese and Jimmy G had protection and looked much better on that ankle. The only negatives were the dropped passes and Mostert getting hurt.

I don't know what happened to us against the Dolphins. Hopefully this game was a sign that we're finally getting on track. The Patriots are not the same scary team of the past 2 decades anymore. They're still good but very beatable even at home this year. We need that win for the momentum going into the Seattle game. I know everyone is high on Green Bay, but we always have their number. We should be able to manage a 2-1 record in these next 3 games to get ourselves to 5-4 on the season. I think 9-7 is realistic for us and might be enough to reach the playoffs. 10-6 or better will be overachieving at this point.

We lost to the Dolphins because there was no rush and even 2nd tier QB's (ie Fitzpatrick) can shred our D. Fitzpatrick was really accurate so that is hard to stop no matter who's on D.

The offense couldn't keep us in that game due to the O-line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now, chit DID happen. :-)

While i'm VERY happy we beat the Rams, do agree we don't have the "players to do it". With both Bosa and Ford out, we can't rush the passer and even the "2nd tier" QB's will pick up apart. We got the win because chit happened and Goff played like a 3rd tier QB....yesterday. Next time out maybe he picks us to shreds?

We're fighting for a wildcard spot and we're still barely hanging in this race. But with the meat of the schedule coming up, its not looking good.

The offense played well for a half, but then reverted to its 'average' self. Do want to compliment the O-line though, what a fantastic job yesterday. JG's accuracy isn't consistent enough, thats why the offense struggled in the 2nd half. Since we mainly throw short, timing and accuracy is huge. We can't win many games scoring less than 30 points.
Agreed. It was more about the ineptness of the Rams offense than anything the 49er defense did. They never got close to Goff once. Couple things I noticed though; they controlled Aaron Donald very well and also, Verrett seems to be the surprise of the 49er season. He has played extremely well. As for Garoppolo, he is still gimpy. He'll get better as he gets healthier.
Very pleased to see them win but we don't have the goods. I believe our next five opponents are the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Rams and Bills. That is going to be ugly.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Mostert for the season is huge. I guess they weren't going naywhere this year anyway though so get him fixed up and ready for next year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. It was more about the ineptness of the Rams offense than anything the 49er defense did. They never got close to Goff once. Couple things I noticed though; they controlled Aaron Donald very well and also, Verrett seems to be the surprise of the 49er season. He has played extremely well. As for Garoppolo, he is still gimpy. He'll get better as he gets healthier.
Very pleased to see them win but we don't have the goods. I believe our next five opponents are the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Rams and Bills. That is going to be ugly.

Unfortunately yes. Without BOTH of our pass rushers, QB's will pick us apart.

We needed to win the winnable games BEFORE this stretch but we lost three already. Of all these upcoming games, Green Bay IMO will be the hardest coming off Seattle plus being on Thursday.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/commentary/2486-the-49ers-roadmap-to-playoffs/

Yep, If.....IF......they can come out of this stretch at 0.500, we'd have to take it.

Would be nice if the 3 wins came against Seattle, GB, and New Orleans, due to tie breakers? Ok ok thats unlikely, but if i'm going to hope for a split, might as well hope for this. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately yes. Without BOTH of our pass rushers, QB's will pick us apart.

We needed to win the winnable games BEFORE this stretch but we lost three already. Of all these upcoming games, Green Bay IMO will be the hardest coming off Seattle plus being on Thursday.
Seems that Green Bay is the team we struggle least with though. But without Mostert its going to be tough.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems that Green Bay is the team we struggle least with though. But without Mostert its going to be tough.

not arguing the recent past but the you know how the past is...............its the past. We have a much different season going on whether SB hangover, injuries, and whatever else. No tears but this is certainly a different season.

This year the scheduling places GB on a Thursday following the all draining game against Seattle (in Seattle). Whether we win or lose in Seattle, this IMO is the toughest game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing the recent past but the you know how the past is...............its the past. We have a much different season going on whether SB hangover, injuries, and whatever else. No tears but this is certainly a different season.

This year the scheduling places GB on a Thursday following the all draining game against Seattle (in Seattle). Whether we win or lose in Seattle, this IMO is the toughest game.
I think Seattle is the tougher game. The 49ers always struggle against mobile QBs even with a standout D Line. I shudder to think what will happen with this D Line that is filled with practice squad talent level

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Seattle is the tougher game. The 49ers always struggle against mobile QBs even with a standout D Line. I shudder to think what will happen with this D Line that is filled with practice squad talent level

Ok, Seattle in itself will be a tough game, just that this team will be fired up for it. They will not be coming off a Monday night game, or a two game East Coast swing.

Seattle's defense isn't as stout as it used to be, so we have a chance should the offense be good. Not claiming we will win that game, just saying we might win if its high scoring? Either way it'll be an emotionally draining West game.

So then you go back to SF and right into a Thursday game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Seattle in itself will be a tough game, just that this team will be fired up for it. They will not be coming off a Monday night game, or a two game East Coast swing.

Seattle's defense isn't as stout as it used to be, so we have a chance should the offense be good. Not claiming we will win that game, just saying we might win if its high scoring? Either way it'll be an emotionally draining West game.

So then you go back to SF and right into a Thursday game.
Yeah, this next stretch of games is rough.