• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Rams

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being two faced again.

One day we have a terrible D with all the injuries, and we won't win.

Another day it is a supposedly elite defense?!
I think the first 8 games they were ranked 1st or second and for the last 4 they are ranked 28th. That says it all. 1 sack in the last 4 games? C'mon now, they played in that stretch, 2 teams that have the most beat up offensive lines in the league and we get one sack? They seem so undisciplined now; just look at how often boot legs and roll outs work against them now. And watching their DBs stand around and watch the receiver catch the ball instead of going after it is outrageous.
Someone on TV explained the 49ers problems succinctly the other day saying the DBs drop back into their zone area and just sit there even when the receivers don't go there and "they are just covering grass, not a receiver". I thought that described their performance to a tee.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you consider how many elite players have gone down to injury they are doing fine. You are a delusional fan that has unrealistic expectations.
Elite? Only Alexander could begin to fit into that category on defense, maybe Ford. Certainly not Blair or Jones or Tartt

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite? Only Alexander could begin to fit into that category on defense, maybe Ford. Certainly not Blair or Jones or Tartt

So the defense was never elite? No not everyone they've lost has been elite that was kind of the point with your ranting but most of the guys lost have been solid contributors who helped make the defense elite.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the defense was never elite? No not everyone they've lost has been elite that was kind of the point with your ranting but most of the guys lost have been solid contributors who helped make the defense elite.
Yes, they were. See post 41 from me above. Please read what I say and don't read into what you want to hear. You claimed they lost "so many" elite players but they did not. They were an excellent defense and now the last 4 games they are bottom feeders. Even with that though they don't fall apart until the end of the game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they were. See post 41 from me above. Please read what I say and don't read into what you want to hear. You claimed they lost "so many" elite players but they did not. They were an excellent defense and now the last 4 games they are bottom feeders. Even with that though they don't fall apart until the end of the game.

Yes and big part of their excellence on defense has their depth on the d-line and they don't have the same depth right now. Hopefully Ford will be back for the playoffs and some of the other guys will begin to get back closer to 100%.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and big part of their excellence on defense has their depth on the d-line and they don't have the same depth right now. Hopefully Ford will be back for the playoffs and some of the other guys will begin to get back closer to 100%.
Agreed 100%. My issue was your characterization of the players who were missing as "elite"

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%. My issue was your characterization of the players who were missing as "elite"

and my issue is you keep trying to hold the defense to the same standard as early in the season and calling them basically frauds knowing they had less to work with than they did and it's having a huge impact on their effectiveness.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and my issue is you keep trying to hold the defense to the same standard as early in the season and calling them basically frauds knowing they had less to work with than they did and it's having a huge impact on their effectiveness.
So we are in agreement then; this is not a good defense?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they aren't as good as they were but that doesn't make them bad.
Ranked 28th as a defense in the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? Blowing the lead on the last drive of the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? One sack in the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? I wish I had you grading my papers when I was in school.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked 28th as a defense in the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? Blowing the lead on the last drive of the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? One sack in the last 4 games doesn't make them bad? I wish I had you grading my papers when I was in school.

You actually went to school? :noidea:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes judging the team based on only the last four games is the exact thing to do.