• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers offense hasn't committed a turnover in 18 quarters

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But here's the question: Could you deal with a couple turnovers in exchange for more aggressive play and TD's instead of FG's?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here's the question: Could you deal with a couple turnovers in exchange for more aggressive play and TD's instead of FG's?

It depends on how many turnovers to td's. Then we have to talk about when are these turnovers coming. If they are crunchtime turnovers that would otherwise be considered clutch plays, then they can keep the aggressive play.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It depends on how many turnovers to td's. Then we have to talk about when are these turnovers coming. If they are crunchtime turnovers that would otherwise be considered clutch plays, then they can keep the aggressive play.

My motto when playing poker is: Willing to die in order to live!

Is this 49ers offense willing to die come playoff time? Or will they continue to be timid and scared?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You didn't have to take it to the extreme! lol

haaa, sorry.

i'm now TRYING to think this way............instead of worrying how Alex Smith can take it to the next level, look to develop the next QB. yes, it takes patience - one or two seasons - but accept less INT's and its affect on wins.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My motto when playing poker is: Willing to die in order to live!

Is this 49ers offense willing to die come playoff time? Or will they continue to be timid and scared?

I play poker too. The thing I know when I'm playing is that you have to pick your aggression. You can't play timid (abc poker) all the time, nor can you be super aggressive all the time either. I've found it best to show a timid side so your aggression will be respected.
We could very well be doing that this regular season. These teams come playoff time could tend to relax thinking we'll run a draw 3rd and 15, then BOOM, there goes the seam to Vernon Davis.
You know that term, calculated aggression.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... bringing up streaks like this taunts the football gods and means 4 or 5 turnovers next game...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Guys... bringing up streaks like this taunts the football gods and means 4 or 5 turnovers next game...

Well good thing it's the Rams because we'd still probably win if we have that many turnovers.

On topic that number really has a lot more due to luck than anything else. True to a certain extent you create your own luck but the odds are no matter how careful you are with the ball someone is going to hit it just right to strip it from you, your throw is going to be a little off, the ball gets tipped to the wrong spot, or one of the various other ways to lose a football will happen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been thinking like that ever since they drafted Alex. There is no "next level" for him.

was posting in this manner earlier this season (ie i agree), but TRYING not to post this anymore. as someone pointed out, its not unreasonable to give him a FULL off-season with Harbaugh and Staff.

because the unit around him will also get better, i'd think his stat line would improve a little next year? but for HIM to take the "next step up", wouldn't bet on it.

still view him as our stop gap as opposed to 'future', so in that light i'm glad he's a solid 'stop gap'.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

going for td's instead of fg's doesn't mean more turnovers. a lot of times we're not even trying to score in the red zone.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was posting in this manner earlier this season (ie i agree), but TRYING not to post this anymore. as someone pointed out, its not unreasonable to give him a FULL off-season with Harbaugh and Staff.

because the unit around him will also get better, i'd think his stat line would improve a little next year? but for HIM to take the "next step up", wouldn't bet on it.

still view him as our stop gap as opposed to 'future', so in that light i'm glad he's a solid 'stop gap'.

I agree...I think Harbaugh has successfully busted the myth that you cannot get blood from a turnip.