• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers need Vernon Davis down the stretch

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still looking for Vernon Davis to get involved somehow in the offense. If Davis can somehow get open down the middle it will help get some of those linebackers off Kaps back on blitzes. Coach Harbaugh needs to find a way to get the ball to him if the 49ers want to advance to the playoffs. I know Davis is a good blocker in the offense but his speed is a asset to bust open that middle for some big gains. I hope everything is cool with Vernon off the field. I don't know if he may be injured or is having some worries off the field. He seems somewhat distracted by something this year. I hope he gets more touches somehow in the coming weeks.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still looking for Vernon Davis to get involved somehow in the offense. If Davis can somehow get open down the middle it will help get some of those linebackers off Kaps back on blitzes. Coach Harbaugh needs to find a way to get the ball to him if the 49ers want to advance to the playoffs. I know Davis is a good blocker in the offense but his speed is a asset to bust open that middle for some big gains. I hope everything is cool with Vernon off the field. I don't know if he may be injured or is having some worries off the field. He seems somewhat distracted by something this year. I hope he gets more touches somehow in the coming weeks.

Go 49ers !!

I think his back is still bothering him. The dropoff is just too quick.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Kaep thinks only Boldin is the eligible receiver on 90% of our passing plays.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Kaep thinks only Boldin is the eligible receiver on 90% of our passing plays.

I don't buy that. Kaepernick and Davis ended being a good combo last year. Have you watched Davis run this year? And his drops? He just isn't the same. He isn't beating people this year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis has dropped too many passes this season, makes you wonder if he has 'lost it'?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go 49ers !!

Won't happen. He is done. Sorry.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something is definitely wrong with him. I know he doesn't have great hands (with a capital G), but he has had numerous drops this season. I have a better chance of catching a cold than VD catching a pass.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Backs are like knees...tricky to get right and any minor setback can turn into a major one. You're whole body comes unaligned trying to compensate for what's wrong, and then strain can happen in other joints/muscles. If it's not rested and rehabbed right (like not playing every week), it won't fully get better.

If Vernon has in fact lost it (which I don't think he has) I think that Vance has a chance to be good if he takes care of his ball handling issues. He's a brute when he gets into the open field (absolutely destroyed Sherman last year)...just needs to find his confidence on the field and turn those flashes into consistency, but Harbs won't let mistakes stay on it for long (if he can help it).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD is done as long as Roman is here.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD is done as long as Roman is here.

He was productive last year!! Roman had nothing to do with that! Only when the offense struggles that it's Roman's fault. I agree that Roman could be more innovative, but did he throw those two interceptions to Sherman? Did he cause VD to have numerous drops this season? Did Roman fail to block for Kap? He is partly to blame, but the players are also to blame.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was productive last year!! Roman had nothing to do with that! Only when the offense struggles that it's Roman's fault. I agree that Roman could be more innovative, but did he throw those two interceptions to Sherman? Did he cause VD to have numerous drops this season? Did Roman fail to block for Kap? He is partly to blame, but the players are also to blame.

Roman is running a totally different offense then the last 2-3 years. So yes its Romans fault.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman is running a totally different offense then the last 2-3 years. So yes its Romans fault.

they're throwing more this season - which made sense prior to the season - but the scheme isn't totally different?

everyone shares in the problem, not just Kaep and not just Roman.