• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers looking at Wes Welker

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm out on Welker. His age+salary+numerous drops this year lead me away from wanting him. I think we have enough of the quick twitch guys in Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins (I never really saw him as a down field type as others have suggested).

I'd like to get a Bowe type that can be the downfield threat more due to size than speed.

I'm also out on Wallace. I'd rather address WR in the draft. I haven't really looked at FA this year, but I think I'd focus on filling out depth.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on Welker. His age+salary+numerous drops this year lead me away from wanting him. I think we have enough of the quick twitch guys in Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins (I never really saw him as a down field type as others have suggested).

I'd like to get a Bowe type that can be the downfield threat more due to size than speed.

I'm also out on Wallace. I'd rather address WR in the draft. I haven't really looked at FA this year, but I think I'd focus on filling out depth.

I agree with this. I'd much rather find our downfield receiver in the draft than in FA. Much cheaper that way.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Have anyone in mind?

My biggest problem with that is that the Niners tried that plan last offseason, and it was huge bust. I'd hate to use 2 first round picks on WRs 2 years in a row. That means waiting for him to develop. I'd much rather draft a position where rookies are usually good sooner. That means avoid WRs & CBs.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In the veteran WR vein, the speculation is flying around today regarding Percy Harvin. I don't think any of the rumors about a spat between him and Frazier are new, but still. Sounds like a lot of people would be surprised if he's still a Viking next season.

Really hard not to love what Harvin has to offer as a player, but his durability/migraines and issues with coaches scare me. He's only 24, and if a team trades for him, they'd likely sign him to an extension.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have anyone in mind?

My biggest problem with that is that the Niners tried that plan last offseason, and it was huge bust. I'd hate to use 2 first round picks on WRs 2 years in a row. That means waiting for him to develop. I'd much rather draft a position where rookies are usually good sooner. That means avoid WRs & CBs.

Jenkins is already bust? We haven't even really got to see anything from him yet. James was being looked down upon until he finally got playing time. Next year should be the big year for Jenkins to break out, but don't forget it typically takes WR's 3 years to develop.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jenkins is already bust?

He was for the 2012 season. If the Niners got a WR who was even halfway decent instead of having the zero catches Jenkins accumulated, they might've been champions.

I don't want a rookie WR in the first round 2 years in a row, and you can't expect much from a rookie WR who's picked at 63.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was for the 2012 season. If the Niners got a WR who was even halfway decent instead of having the zero catches Jenkins accumulated, they might've been champions.

I don't want a rookie WR in the first round 2 years in a row, and you can't expect much from a rookie WR who's picked at 63.

i do agree Jenkins better put some meat on that neck of his and come back blazing or he will be toast-what bothers me is that when opportunity knocked he didn't answer....he doesn't seem hungry enough or lacks passion...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

nobody does, but if our "BPA" turns out another WR, i'd do it.

can't defend Jenkins but haven't given up on him either, not by any means. he may not pan out the "complete" receiver Baalke envisioned....MIGHT not....but he could still fill certain rolls. we'll just have to wait and see?