• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers looking at Wes Welker

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who knows that to actually make of the news that comes out but...

49ers Will Look At Wes Welker
February 6th, 2013 · No Comments

The San Francisco 49ers will make a good push to get free agent WR Wes Welker to visit with them once free agency begins. They are expected to let Moss and Ginn Jr test free agency and are looking for a reliable wideout to take some pressure off QB Colin Kaepernick.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/02/06/49ers-will-look-at-wes-welker/

Would anybody be interested in getting him? He's a great receiver but his age worries me a little bit.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The San Francisco 49ers will make a good push to get free agent WR Wes Welker to visit with them once free agency begins. They are expected to let Moss and Ginn Jr test free agency and are looking for a reliable wideout to take some pressure off QB Colin Kaepernick.

Would anybody be interested in getting him? He's a great receiver but his age worries me a little bit.

Why weren't they looking for one previously? Rashaun Woods was a better WR than Ginn.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They do need another reliable possession receiver, but Welker might want to be paid like a #1. I kind of figure it'll be more like a 2nd tight end after letting Delanie walk.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do need another reliable possession receiver, but Welker might want to be paid like a #1. I kind of figure it'll be more like a 2nd tight end after letting Delanie walk.

I didn't consider the money he'd want. He appears to be a good teammate, and he'll definitely get open over the middle, but at what cost? I do want another receiving option, but I'd prefer one younger, and more of a homerun threat.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, as a player I like him a lot and they could use what he brings. But I have a feeling the whole reason he would leave NE is that he can't get paid what he wants there.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a cheap 3rd WR...sure. For top starter money that he's been looking for...hell no!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as a player I like him a lot and they could use what he brings. But I have a feeling the whole reason he would leave NE is that he can't get paid what he wants there.

I have a hard time understanding why so many FA's end up in New England. They know they're not going to get fair market value for their services, and it's not like NE has won any SB's lately.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For the right price I'd love to have Welker. He's not a home run threat but he's reliable and versatile.

Does he have a Superbowl ring, I don't think he does?

Rob

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time understanding why so many FA's end up in New England. They know they're not going to get fair market value for their services, and it's not like NE has won any SB's lately.

They love chow-dah and Brady's hair!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope they would look at Welker. It all comes down to cost. What is it gonna take to get it done with Wallace or Welker? I wouldn't pay either guy more than $8M per.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story on Crabs and his relationship with Welker.
Michael Crabtree fan of ?legend? Wes Welker | Boston Herald

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Crabtree I'm going to say we can pass on Welker since the only type of WR we lack is a deep threat.

With Crabs, Mario, KW, and Davis having a Welker type just seems redundant and we need guys to take the top off of defenses that Ginn and Moss didn't really do.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to have him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walker is starting to grow on me. If only he'd catch the ball!