• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Lions

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the garbage time TD's we gave up; we dominated the game on both sides. Honestly the late TD's the Lions got to even make the game look competitive was probably good for the coaching staff. It will be a lot easier to keep the team focused and get guys to work on the things that needed to be improved.

Hopefully the Verrett injury is not season ending
No we didn't. They ran over the middle of our D Line like no one was there. We certainly dominated on offense. Garoppolo was outstanding, as was Samuel and even our third string RB was productive. The O Line was good in pass protection and run blocking.

We have a huge problem with our DBs now. I bet we see Sherman in uniform sometime this week. Verrett is done for the year and there is no timetable yet for Mosely's return

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to point out that Trey Lance was the only rookie QB to throw a TD pass and win the game Week 1. Looks like we made the right pick so far.

:rolleyes:
He looked like a deer in the headlights out there. He didn't have a clue. Why Shanahan put him out there with these ridiculous QB runs is beyond me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a disturbing and costly win.

The offense should've looked good seeing as how the Lions are one of the worst Ds in the league.

Grop looked good until halfway through the 3rd quarter, when we took our foot off the gas.
--What was with Trey's running plays all seemingly inside the tackles? Wasn't a fan of how we used him.

Running game looked great.
--Mostert promptly go hurt. These small injuries are the only thing holding him back.
--Mitchell looked like a starter out there.
--Hasty did well in relief too. We're gonna be ok at RB.
--Sermon was a healthy scratch. Not a good look for your 3rd rd pick, but he'll get some PT next week.

Our WRs looked pretty good, with a missing man.
--Deebo blew the eff up, nearly 200 yards. His run after catch ability is crazy.
--Sherfield was the #2 WR. got a few catches and a TD. Looked like he belonged out there.
--Aiyuk barely played and wasn't targeted. Is it b/c of his drops in TC/PS? Shanny sending a message?
--Kittle another typical game for him--good catches and RACyds.

Overall, the OL played well, but Brunskill and McGlinchey were shaky in pass pro.
--Mack was definitely better than anything we had at C for the last couple of years.

On the DL, can someone stop the run up the middle, please?
--Kinlaw was out and his run stopping was missed. Considering his knee condition looks chronic...
--Street and Kerr and Jones didn't look bad inside, but weren't the run stoppers Kinlaw is
--Bosa was mostly contained, but got a sack
--Ford had some plays too. A sack and forced 2 penalties. More that we got from him all of last year.

Nice to see our lack of depth and poor drafting at CB hit us in the face so early. Maybe the FO will pay attention this time.
--Ambry Thomas was just as bad as he was in the PS.
--We keep bringing D.Johnson back at CB, and he keeps playing poorly. Will we learn?
--Verrett, looks like he's out for the year. He was our best CB by...a...mile. Gonna be a sore spot all year.
--Lennoir was surprisingly good out there. Will he be another late rd find that makes up for early rd misses?
Agree with most, except Lennoir was awful, just as bad as Thomas. Also disagree about Bosa. He was double teamed on every play and had a sack plus three tackles for a loss. I also thought the O line protected Garoppolo very well and was good as usual in the running game as evidenced by out third string RB gaining a hundred yards

I agree that the middle of the D Line was awful in the run. Armistead is useless. Our defensive backfield without Moseley and Verrett is probably the worst in the league and, yeah, what the hell do they see in Dontae Johnson? He's terrible but they keep bringing him back. Tartt played very well but was disappointed in Williams' play. Never heard Hufanga's name even once. thought he would be a contributer

Samuel is very good, Sherfield continues to surprise but Aiyuk and Sermon, as I understand it, cannot learn the playbook to Shanahn's satisfaction. Doesn't surprise me about Sermon because of the University he went to but Aiyuk played well last year, I wonder what happened?

I have a feeling we will see Sherman this week.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa wasn’t double teamed every play. Sewell did a great job on him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to read the run game looked good, cause without it the entire offense struggles.

Just read McGlinchey didn't do well in EITHER the run OR pass game. This is definitely a huge concern.

I wouldn't predicted more sacks in this game, at least 5.

Yep, injuries happen but we were hoping not 'season ending' and not to key players. JV is certainly one of those key players.

Very happy for the win and lets hope JG can continue to play like this.
I'm not sure why people are saying that. I certainly did not zone in on him during the game. but Garoppolo had a clean pocket the entire game and the third string RB gained over a hundred yards and McGlinchey was the one who opened that huge hole for him on the long TD run.

The DB situation is dire. Lennoir and Thomas are terrible and Donte Johnson is his usual awful self. Verrett is done for the year and there is no timetable yet for Moseley's return. We better hope Norman still has some game left and I bet we see Sherman in uniform real soon.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s funny Fox did a segment on it. Plus all the articles today about it. Guess you missed it when you went into kitchen or bathroom
Yeah, I should have said "in my opinion you are wrong". I could have missed it but I watched him pretty closely and he got a sack and three tackles for a loss and I certainly saw a double team on him a lot. A team would be foolish not to double team him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostert out 8 weeks and Verrett gone for the season per CNN Bay Area

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It'll be Dre Kirkpatrick. Niners are finalizing a deal with him. Within a week or 2, both of our starting CBs could be guys that weren't on the opening day roster...smh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree with most, except Lennoir was awful, just as bad as Thomas. Also disagree about Bosa. He was double teamed on every play and had a sack plus three tackles for a loss. I also thought the O line protected Garoppolo very well and was good as usual in the running game as evidenced by out third string RB gaining a hundred yards

I agree that the middle of the D Line was awful in the run. Armistead is useless. Our defensive backfield without Moseley and Verrett is probably the worst in the league and, yeah, what the hell do they see in Dontae Johnson? He's terrible but they keep bringing him back. Tartt played very well but was disappointed in Williams' play. Never heard Hufanga's name even once. thought he would be a contributer

Samuel is very good, Sherfield continues to surprise but Aiyuk and Sermon, as I understand it, cannot learn the playbook to Shanahn's satisfaction. Doesn't surprise me about Sermon because of the University he went to but Aiyuk played well last year, I wonder what happened?

Don't see us bringing in Sherman because we can't fit him under our cap? Wasn't our cap just increased to $7M or so, by restructuring someone (Ward?) Anyway, IF it is around $7m regardless of who it was, we don't want to use all of it on Sherman, and he wouldn't accept it.

If JG continues like this, then we should be competitive. There is a concern with McGlinchey playing so poorly.

I watched some highlights and other Youtube stuff, didn't seem like Detroit was completing passes downfield? A lot of passes to the TE and RB's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure why people are saying that. I certainly did not zone in on him during the game. but Garoppolo had a clean pocket the entire game and the third string RB gained over a hundred yards and McGlinchey was the one who opened that huge hole for him on the long TD run.

The DB situation is dire. Lennoir and Thomas are terrible and Donte Johnson is his usual awful self. Verrett is done for the year and there is no timetable yet for Moseley's return. We better hope Norman still has some game left and I bet we see Sherman in uniform real soon.
The McGlinchey rating is from PFF or whatever the stat site is? It isn't just "people are saying".

The CB situation is poor but we all knew that from the end of LAST season. We knew they'd draft at least one CB, but even then we wouldn't have expected an instant starter. The cap prevents you from having all the positions filled, so we go with D-line over CB and ok with me. Ok with it as long as the D-line performs at a high level.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It'll be Dre Kirkpatrick. Niners are finalizing a deal with him. Within a week or 2, both of our starting CBs could be guys that weren't on the opening day roster...smh
Wasn't Kirkpatrick someone that was thought highly of out of college?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see us bringing in Sherman because we can't fit him under our cap? Wasn't our cap just increased to $7M or so, by restructuring someone (Ward?) Anyway, IF it is around $7m regardless of who it was, we don't want to use all of it on Sherman, and he wouldn't accept it.

If JG continues like this, then we should be competitive. There is a concern with McGlinchey playing so poorly.

I watched some highlights and other Youtube stuff, didn't seem like Detroit was completing passes downfield? A lot of passes to the TE and RB's?
In the 4th quarter they were getting it downfield rather easily; at least that is what I saw.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McGlinchey rating is from PFF or whatever the stat site is? It isn't just "people are saying".

The CB situation is poor but we all knew that from the end of LAST season. We knew they'd draft at least one CB, but even then we wouldn't have expected an instant starter. The cap prevents you from having all the positions filled, so we go with D-line over CB and ok with me. Ok with it as long as the D-line performs at a high level.
I hoped Mosely would hold up and that Verrett would have another injury-free season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the 4th quarter they were getting it downfield rather easily; at least that is what I saw.
Oh ok, then thats even worse cause more pressure should've been there with the "big" lead.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, then thats even worse cause more pressure should've been there with the "big" lead.
The DBs were all out. Verrett went down, Ward went down, Moseley was never there. Bosa and Ford had been taken out as a precaution because they were up 41 to 17. We had Johnson, Thomas and Lennoir as our Corners.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Kirkpatrick someone that was thought highly of out of college?
Yep, he was a 1st rd pick. When he played in Cincy, he was also the CB we intentionally threw AT. We gotta hope his vet experience makes him better than our rookies.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Being able to run is good for any football team, but more so for the 49ers who use play action. Kittle is right, the run game needs to keep this up in order to compete. Although Mitchell did really good, no one can run outside like Mostert can.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have reportedly inquired about trading for Minny CB Cam Dantzler, who was a healthy scratch in week 1 for the Vikings.