• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Lions

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to over-react on the last few TDs that were scored when we were ahead 41-17 and there was something like 3 min left on the clock. We had effectively pulled all of our starters to prevent injury... probably wouldn't even be talking about it if Deebo hadn't fumbled. What a crappy way for Deebo to finish the game - silver lining is that he stays hungry and focused moving forward. Just feel bad for the guy given the amazing day he had.

We missed Kinlaw and his ability to eat up double teams at the point of attack on run plays. Hope he gets back real soon.

Can't believe that in the first game, we lost Verrett for the season - the one place outside of Oline where we couldn't afford an injury of this magnitude to our best player. Damn we are snake bitten when it comes to injury.

Maybe Shanahan was trying to get some stuff on film with Lance, but those between the tackle designed runs seemed to lack any creativity. Anyone that watched Lance's college games on YT would have seen a lot of those plays. When I saw them, I immediately thought "nice, but that won't fly in the NFL". Glad we've got the luxury to try this stuff out, or put things on film to make D-coordinators think, but those plays left me scratching my head. Not sure I want to see our QB running between the tackles, lol.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we will see Sherman this week.
I doubt we'd even reach out to Sherman until his legal issues clear up. Even if they do, the man has lost a considerable amount of speed. He was getting called for PIs left and right towards the end of last year... even his vet status wasn't enough to overlook the holding and grabbing he was doing. Smart and valuable vet for the locker room, but not sure he'd be someone they call in the immediate future.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he was a 1st rd pick. When he played in Cincy, he was also the CB we intentionally threw AT. We gotta hope his vet experience makes him better than our rookies.
Oh no.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I don't think it'll be all that bad. As up and down as his career has been, I think he'll be an upgrade over the rookies and vet insurance.

I also saw that we had "contacted" Sherman. That kind of language could mean that he's not interested right now or that he's not in playing shape (mentally and/or physically) yet.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most, except Lennoir was awful, just as bad as Thomas.
I wondered why we disagreed, so I went back and watched the game again, focusing on Lennoir, then did some article searches.

According to the stats I could find, he played all 90 snaps on defense, was targeted 4 times in 55 coverage snaps and allowed 1 catch for 3 yards. He did get beat badly on a deep ball but the pass went out of bounds. Still, for a late round rookie, that's a pretty solid day.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered why we disagreed, so I went back and watched the game again, focusing on Lennoir, then did some article searches.

According to the stats I could find, he played all 90 snaps on defense, was targeted 4 times in 55 coverage snaps and allowed 1 catch for 3 yards. He did get beat badly on a deep ball but the pass went out of bounds. Still, for a late round rookie, that's a pretty solid day.
I think you are right. I thought I remembered a long pass interference call against him late in the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No doubt

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Detroit had success running up the middle, throwing to RB's, and throwing to the TE. I would think we'll shore up the middle leaving the Eagles to attack short? IF that's their main passing attack i'll take it cause you can't stop everything. Giving the short passes is better than allowing chunk players. Make good tackles and make them earn it.

Jalen Hurts can run i know, so you can't just go all out pressure every single rush. But the point is don't give up the chunk plays and we'll be competitive.