• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers interested in Seneca Wallace, will bring him in for a visit

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nobody ever really knows....ST ? WR ? TE ? QB? Oh wait....that's the Pats deciding where Tebow might fit in !

Yeah, I realized after the fact that it wasn't clear that I wasn't being serious.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily, we can cut Wallace can't we?

if you think about all the things he needs to learn......in one week.....then perform next week.....

then he not playing last season (why would he be working out all this time?), and next his age......

Cannot come up with any reason that the 49ers would have made this move; then again I can't think of any reason they would have signed Colt McCoy either but they did. Pickins' must be real slim. Can you imagine either of those guys trying to work with this wide receiver corps we have? That would be a disaster.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cannot come up with any reason that the 49ers would have made this move; then again I can't think of any reason they would have signed Colt McCoy either but they did. Pickins' must be real slim. Can you imagine either of those guys trying to work with this wide receiver corps we have? That would be a disaster.

Most likely. But how many teams would do well if they lost their star QB for a significant period?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers did not sign Colt McCoy

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely. But how many teams would do well if they lost their star QB for a significant period?

True. Its going to take someone of Kaepernick's talent level to make this group of receivers even marginally successful. Having said that, I have a feeling Baldwin is going to produce.....at least a considerable amount more than Jenkins would have anyway.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded for him...

Yep, and then signed him. I assume his previous contract was with the Browns and now would have to move to the 49ers. Did you think documents did not need to be re-signed after a trade by the player and the new team?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and then signed him. I assume his previous contract was with the Browns and now would have to move to the 49ers. Did you think documents did not need to be re-signed after a trade by the player and the new team?

Actually, the contracts probably have an assignability clause which would preclude the need to have it re-signed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the contracts probably have an assignability clause which would preclude the need to have it re-signed.

I doubt it. Too many team specific details in contracts these days. For instance, no way the 49ers pay an 8 wins bonus that he may have got as a starter in Cleveland when he is a backup on a team much more likely to win 8 games.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I doubt it. Too many team specific details in contracts these days. For instance, no way the 49ers pay an 8 wins bonus that he may have got as a starter in Cleveland when he is a backup on a team much more likely to win 8 games.

I disagree. Contracts are transferred verbatim. Any change with the new club is noted in the media.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you think that bonus would be contingent on being a starter? Too many issues would open up by trying to negotiate a new contract, these guys get traded and are working with the new team the next day, sometimes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Contracts are transferred verbatim. Any change with the new club is noted in the media.

So McCoy would be obligated to attend 5 charity events in support of the Browns in order to earn a bonus(if that were in his original contract) even though he now plays for the 49ers? I don't think so.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think that bonus would be contingent on being a starter? Too many issues would open up by trying to negotiate a new contract, these guys get traded and are working with the new team the next day, sometimes.

I can't say I know enough about the subject to argue about it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I know enough about the subject to argue about it.

Signed vs trade...splitting hairs here but it is fun to watch you guys argue about it. :pop2:
I feel McCoy will be gone as early as Sunday...just my opinion.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed vs trade...splitting hairs here but it is fun to watch you guys argue about it. :pop2:
I feel McCoy will be gone as early as Sunday...just my opinion.

Agree, but its not like they have anyone who can play waiting behind him. He does have some experience. As bad as he is though I'd be more comfortable with him in the game than Tolzein if Kaepernick gets hurt.