• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Football

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball and Football that is it for me, I will look at the scores for NHL and NBA and want the Warriors and Sharks to do well; well not the Warriors this last season ;) but I don't watch any games. I might watch the Sharks if they are on a basic cable channel.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Bulls fan, but didnt watch a single game this year, and a Giants fan that also hasnt watched a game yet. I just am too excited about football.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"even hockey"

ESPECIALLY hockey. I don't know how people sit through hours of that sport. People keep telling me that Stanley Cup hockey is the most exciting moment in sports playoffs. If by exciting you mean "cure for insomnia," then I agree. Wholeheartedly. If you mean "riveting to watch," then we have different definitions for the word riveting.

Call me crazy, but watching guys run back and forth on ice for 40 minutes without a shot being taken doesn't strike me as particularly entertaining. I've always thought of it like the icecapades version of soccer. Silly rules. Fabricated drama. Lots of nothing going on. Very few moments that matter (like the ball/puck actually going toward the goal, and God forbid it crosses the line).

I realize people like hockey, and more power to you. It's just not for me. Never could get into it.

40 minutes without a shot being taken? WTF are you watching? 60 minute game with both teams taking 25-30 shots = 1 shot per minute.

I suppose the game might be too fast, or too complicated for you to understand. ;)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was brought up in a local sports fan household where most of the focus was on Bay Area teams that were doing well when I was young. Only Bay Area teams I couldn't/still can't stand are Stanford (Whoo Cal Bears!) and the SJ Earthquakes (American soccer is terrible). Heck, I was even a San Francisco Devil's fan, back during the horrible XFL debacle, up until Vince McMahon cast the "Jose Cortez" curse onto the Niners. Regardless, I'm embarrassed to say I have a decent amount of XFL swag hidden in a box somewhere....

As a SF Giants and Niners fan, I don't even hate the Raiders or the A's anymore... I more feel sorry for them, like how I felt as a 4th grader seeing a really dickish classmate that was mean to others during school, but that never came to school with a lunch, and if he was ever picked up after school, it was by a dopefiend parent. The behavior pisses you off, but their lives are so utterly hopeless that you feel bad.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i ordered the MLB extra innings just so I could watch as many Giants games as possible this summer, need something to take my mind off football seeing June/July are boring months when it comes to sports