• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Defense

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ive been wondering why other teams can blitz and be effective and we cant? Shouldnt we mix it up by putting fresh guys on the field in certain situations just to see what we can do. We are built to stop the run but we should be built to kill the pass. But the coaches know better than I do.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good question?

we had LB blitzes, two LB blitzing at the same time, and corner blitzes, but it didn't seem like we could generate enough pressure?

it seemed a few times, Eli would just throw it to a receiver whether he was open or not? he'd barely get rid of it just before the 'sack' got there?

btw - Brooks doesn't have the rep as Aldon, but seemed like he was getting close more often? Sundays game that is.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense isn't a problem at all. When you have three turnovers, two missed FGs and 65 yard KO return, against a team that has an offense like the Giants, this what you get. Any other defense and the game could've easily been 40-3.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the Giants lost on the offensive coaches more than anyone. It was just a bad gameplan from the 2nd quarter on as our offense just seemed out of sync.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth we faced a lot of 6 & 7 man protection schemes vs. our four-man rush (we only blitzed 7 or 8 times). Even with that, our pass rush actually did apply a fair amount of pressure and that pressure did cause a lot of mistakes and compromises. So while we didn't get sacks we did get results. As Clyde said above, a ton of mistakes and a handful of missed opportunities led to our demise.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good question?

we had LB blitzes, two LB blitzing at the same time, and corner blitzes, but it didn't seem like we could generate enough pressure?

it seemed a few times, Eli would just throw it to a receiver whether he was open or not? he'd barely get rid of it just before the 'sack' got there?

btw - Brooks doesn't have the rep as Aldon, but seemed like he was getting close more often? Sundays game that is.

I noticed that also, Brooks is there and when he hits someone they feel it. Maybe Aldon should built up also not sure but whatever he is doing right now just isnt working consitantly. Parys Haralson's injury is really hurting us in certain situations.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense isn't a problem at all. When you have three turnovers, two missed FGs and 65 yard KO return, against a team that has an offense like the Giants, this what you get. Any other defense and the game could've easily been 40-3.

True, I agree with that.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I put the Giants lost on the offensive coaches more than anyone. It was just a bad gameplan from the 2nd quarter on as our offense just seemed out of sync.

Now that you mention that, last week on KNBR Harbaugh was on with Murph and Mac and he said his dad had some plays in the game plan for this week. I think this was the wrong game for "games, gadgics and tricks"

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To combat the effect of the 49ers defensive pass-rushing prowess, teams have been going to quick drops and getting the ball out quickly to avoid getting sacked. Also, just because the defense isn't getting sacks-doesn't mean they aren't still getting pressure.

As Clyde said- the defense isn't the problem.They are still #1 in Total defense and 3rd in points allowed.