• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers cut Chris Cook

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is good news for Reaser and Acker.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Dontae Johnson most specifically. Physically, they seemed to be clones. I like that the FO is allowing our young guys to prove themselves. We more or less have already seen what Cook can do but we still don't have a clue about Ward, Johnson, Acker, Reaser.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Dontae Johnson most specifically. Physically, they seemed to be clones. I like that the FO is allowing our young guys to prove themselves. We more or less have already seen what Cook can do but we still don't have a clue about Ward, Johnson, Acker, Reaser.

I think the fact that we aren't hearing their names during camp is a good thing. Ward has some sort of boot on his foot and isn't practicing in team drills yet. Tramaine Brock has looked really good. So has Johnson. Reaser was the star of OTAs but haven't heard much since camp opened.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that we aren't hearing their names during camp is a good thing. Ward has some sort of boot on his foot and isn't practicing in team drills yet. Tramaine Brock has looked really good. So has Johnson. Reaser was the star of OTAs but haven't heard much since camp opened.

:agree:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I haven't heard anything about a boot on Ward, just that he's not going in team drills.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything about a boot on Ward, just that he's not going in team drills.

LOL, it wasn't a boot. I just couldn't remember what it specifically was. He has been wearing a shell over his shoe for protection. I don't know what that is but apparently it affects his ability to certain things.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is good news for Reaser and Acker.
yes more reps for them and it shows that they jumped him. I also thought this was a waste when we picked him up last year. resigning him and giving him a raise made no sense. I just wasn't a big fan of cook. I didn't see any potential there.

1 player so far making me change my view on him is Wright. I was not a fan of that pick up either. Not as bad as cook but I hated how he was a PI machine and felt we didn't need that on this team. After doing some research I also found out that he was in the Top 10 of least amount of catches against him. That is a good stat. I mention before that this guy has a chance to turn it around. As of right now he is having a good game.

Most of perception of players will change after I see them play on the field and wont be based off practice anymore. I hope Wright turns out to be a solid player for us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling ward is going to be a bust. I didn't like the draft pick when it happen and so far he is showing much. When he did play last year he was one of the worst in the league(yes I know he was a rookie). This year he still cant get on the field. I hope he can get healthy and we can get a real good look at him.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling ward is going to be a bust. I didn't like the draft pick when it happen and so far he is showing much. When he did play last year he was one of the worst in the league(yes I know he was a rookie). This year he still cant get on the field. I hope he can get healthy and we can get a real good look at him.

So you are basing your opinion that he would be a bust on, what, 5 games in his ROOKIE YEAR COMING FROM A MID MAJOR?!? You may be right, but you also reak of commitment issues.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are basing your opinion that he would be a bust on, what, 5 games in his ROOKIE YEAR COMING FROM A MID MAJOR?!? You may be right, but you also reak of commitment issues.
only thing we have to go by and his college game. Do I think he is a Bust right now no but i think he is on that path. He needs to get on the field. he is already 4th or 5th on the CB depth charts. he is losing a lot of ground.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing we have to go by and his college game. Do I think he is a Bust right now no but i think he is on that path. He needs to get on the field. he is already 4th or 5th on the CB depth charts. he is losing a lot of ground.

He was reported to be a more cerebral player with athletic ability coming out of college. He's coming from a mid major and hasn't really been healthy enough to show us any sort of sample size that could point to that. He's 4th or 5th on depth chart because he is currently hurt.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was reported to be a more cerebral player with athletic ability coming out of college. He's coming from a mid major and hasn't really been healthy enough to show us any sort of sample size that could point to that. He's 4th or 5th on depth chart because he is currently hurt.
Duh, injury isn't an excuse. I hate when people say that. If u can't play because of health meaning u can't handle the NFL then yes you are on that path of being a Bust. its not like he was a proven player and then got hurt. He needs to get on the field to show us what he can.

In my opinion I did not like the pick then and I still don't like it now. he was ranked as a 2-3 rd pick and we got him in the 1st.

Im ok with playing the waiting game but he needs to get on the field.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh, injury isn't an excuse. I hate when people say that. If u can't play because of health meaning u can't handle the NFL then yes you are on that path of being a Bust. its not like he was a proven player and then got hurt. He needs to get on the field to show us what he can.

In my opinion I did not like the pick then and I still don't like it now. he was ranked as a 2-3 rd pick and we got him in the 1st.

ok with playing the waiting Im game but he needs to get on the field.

Read the two bolded statements...now read them again. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand, you feel he is already a bust because you feel 5 games in his rookie season as a sample size and his injury justifies it. On the other hand, you are saying you are ok "playing the waiting game" to contradict that statement.

Figure out what your stance is, then report back to us based on what you REALLY feel.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the two bolded statements...now read them again. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand, you feel he is already a bust because you feel 5 games in his rookie season as a sample size and his injury justifies it. On the other hand, you are saying you are ok "playing the waiting game" to contradict that statement.

Figure out what your stance is, then report back to us based on what you REALLY feel.
I guess u cant read. I said he isn't a Bust but on the path to be a Bust. Your mistake I understand. No big deal. Im ok waiting to see what this year brings.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to say Ward is a bust since he hardly played last year and was playing with a bad foot. If that foot becomes a chronic issue then you can blame Baalke for drafting a guy with a bad foot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to say Ward is a bust since he hardly played last year and was playing with a bad foot. If that foot becomes a chronic issue then you can blame Baalke for drafting a guy with a bad foot.
yes that is why right now he is on the path to be a Bust. he isn't a bust now but getting close. He is losing a lot of ground they say. He needs to get on the field. I hope he works out but not looking good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree.

yep, once he gets healthy - if he can get healthy - still believe he can be a future starting Safety.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this NOT you stating that you believe Ward is going to be a bust? Is this NOT your quote from before? You further showed your reasoning for this decision by stating your initial bias and then justifying your position by that when he DID play, he was terrible in his rookie season. Because, yanno, rookies blowing up the league in their rookie campaign is normal and expected. Trying to backtrack behind loose word play is silly. Your mistake I understand. No big deal. I'm ok waiting to see what this year brings as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this NOT you stating that you believe Ward is going to be a bust? Is this NOT your quote from before? You further showed your reasoning for this decision by stating your initial bias and then justifying your position by that when he DID play, he was terrible in his rookie season. Because, yanno, rookies blowing up the league in their rookie campaign is normal and expected. Trying to backtrack behind loose word play is silly. Your mistake I understand. No big deal. I'm ok waiting to see what this year brings as well.
Again thanks for helping me out. Yes it says I feel ward is going to be a Bust. Im not saying right now he is a Bust. I have stated multiple times that he is on the path of being a bust. So thanks again for helping me out in this argument. Its clear what I said and right now im right. Again I hope I am wrong and he becomes a great player but right now he is on a Path to being a bust. Needs to get on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

yep, once he gets healthy - if he can get healthy - still believe he can be a future starting Safety.
They say his buddy is looking good so far. Tarrt looks like a hard hitting safety that can also cover.