• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Year NFL Cap Playoff Game 4 : Sushi vs Mebert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUSHI

OFFENSE

QB - Steve Young - $7
RB - Marshall Faulk - $7
FB - Larry Centers - $3
WR - Terrell Owens - $6
WR - Andre Reed - $7
TE - Dave Casper - $5
LT - Jimbo Covert - $2
LG - Evan Mathis - $2
C - Mark Stepnoski - $5
RG - Marco Rivera - $3
RT - Ron Yary - $7

DEFENSE

DE - Howie Long - $8
NT - Kelly Gregg - $1
DE - Haloti Ngata - $5
OLB - Kevin Greene - $5
ILB - Levon Kirkland - $2
ILB - Randy Gradishar - $7
OLB - Derrick Thomas - $9
CB - Nnamdi Asomugha - $3
CB - Ken Riley - $1
SS - Troy Polamalu - $8
FS - Sean Taylor - $2

VS

MEBERT

OFFENSE

QB - Dan Marino - $9
RB - O.J. Simpson - $6
FB - Tony Richardson - $3
WR - Steve Largent - $7
WR - Andre Johnson - $7
TE - Shannon Sharpe - $8
LT - Gary Zimmerman - $7
LG - Larry Little - $5
C - Kent Hull - $3
RG - Chris Snee - $4
RT - Jumbo Elliott - $1

DEFENSE
DE - Jared Allen - $5
DT - Shaun Rogers - $3
DT - Pat Williams - $3
DE - Bruce Smith - $11
OLB - Chad Brown - $3
MLB - Brian Urlacher - $8
OLB - Donnie Edwards - $1
CB - Mark Haynes - $3
CB - Charles Woodson - $9
SS - Adrian Wilson - $5
FS - Nolan Cromwell - $4

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUSHI - 2
MEBERT - 5

VOTED - Mebert, Shane, WLK, Sushi, UK, Nos, Femur

Last edited:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of the things Sushi is doing and I think Largent and Johnson aren't the "best WRs" for Marino IMO but Sharpe is absolutely perfect... And while I don't like the WRs match to the QB all that much it can produce, especially vs this secondary... I think it's close but with an overall pass attack defense Mebert put together I think he gets more stops...

Sushi - 24
Mebert - 31

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the closest matchup, and it comes down to preference in a lot of positions. The only ding I have for sushi is I think Howie Long is horribly miscast as a 3-4 DE. Overall I have me by maybe a field goal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take me, but not by much. What I tried to do on offense was build a team that could replicate a backfield that could serve to stretch the field. Faulk and Centers are the two best backfield receivers in NFL history, with both being split out at WR at times. With a lot of elite secondaries out there, I wanted to field a team that could attack the LB's in coverage, which I can do with this team. Young is a scrambler too, which means that he adds an additional threat of the run. I think I have the most dynamic offense out of all the teams in terms of being able to use players differently and throw many looks out there.

Defensively, my secondary is the weakest, but it's why I loaded up with a stout Dline to protect against the run and loaded up my LB core. I have two of the greatest rushing OLB's in Thomas and Green. Gradishar was a tackling machine and Kirkland, very good in his own right. My ability to put pressure on the other QB is going to be essential. Nnamdi was a shutdown in his prime. I think I have enough going on on defense to be disruptive.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the closest matchup, and it comes down to preference in a lot of positions. The only ding I have for sushi is I think Howie Long is horribly miscast as a 3-4 DE. Overall I have me by maybe a field goal.
Howie played a lot of 5T actually. The matchup is really tight, both teams have solid D and really outstanding offenses, I like Mebert by the slightest amount. I think the dynamic Sushi has with Young who can run, Faulk who can run in, out, or catch it, and Centers, who was a great receiver, makes his offense tough. Mebert has an equally great offense, Dan throwing to Sharpe would be all day. I just like Meberts D a little more in a close one

Mebert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta lean Sushi here.

I love his offense, I think skill players play very well with Young and he's got the best RT of all time protecting Young's back. I love me some Juice and Marino is obviously excellent so offenses are very close.

Defense... Hmmm Long did weigh like 275 so it's not like he's Dwight Freeney out there. Gregg and Ngata are great run stuffers and Sushi does have Kirkland and Gradishar who were also good against the run, Juice gets some but he doesn't run wild.

For Mebert, Rogers and Williams are pretty much the same player, so not much pass rush there. Allen and Smith are both obviously amazing so great job there. He did add Chad Brown who was pretty much a rush linebacker.

Neither secondary is great but they are both solid.

What wins this for Sushi is Faulk and Centers, it's gonna be difficult for a linebacker and or safety to stay with these guys the entire game.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. I got one vote other than mine, so I guess not a total loss for my first draft. Thought it would be closer, but congrats @Mebert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Mebert.

Nice first draft Sushi....

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. I got one vote other than mine, so I guess not a total loss for my first draft. Thought it would be closer, but congrats @Mebert

I thought you did really well but it came down to for me was, everything else was pretty evened up... His scheme was specifically set to hold up vs the pass so with the dline he has the LBs and safties I felt he could make more stops... It was pretty close though, could have gone either way, if he doesn't have Woodson to cover TO I would have leaned you I think...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you did really well but it came down to for me was, everything else was pretty evened up... His scheme was specifically set to hold up vs the pass so with the dline he has the LBs and safties I felt he could make more stops... It was pretty close though, could have gone either way, if he doesn't have Woodson to cover TO I would have leaned you I think...

Yeah, it was close. Where I really messed up was really my 1st pick. If I would have went with Deion in the 1st, it would have changed a bit of the makeup of my team. After that my team offensively shaped up how I wanted. Defensively it went a bit weird for me in the secondary, and I countered it with the rush. The cap threw me off in certain parts, but it was definitely fun.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This mach was much closer than the votes show. I felt our matchup was a coin flip, I could have lost his round and not been surprised at all.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was close. Where I really messed up was really my 1st pick. If I would have went with Deion in the 1st, it would have changed a bit of the makeup of my team. After that my team offensively shaped up how I wanted. Defensively it went a bit weird for me in the secondary, and I countered it with the rush. The cap threw me off in certain parts, but it was definitely fun.

I agree your 1st pick did hurt, not that TO isn't a great receiver but there were much better options that early IMO.

Also, I think your 3rd pick hurt just as much, Sean Taylor was a good player but there were much better options.

But seriously for it being your first draft you did a great job! :suds:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree your 1st pick did hurt, not that TO isn't a great receiver but there were much better options that early IMO.

Also, I think your 3rd pick hurt just as much, Sean Taylor was a good player but there were much better options.

But seriously for it being your first draft you did a great job! :suds:

Thanks. Yeah, the cap messed me up in the first 3 rounds. It was always my goal to have Steve Young with Marshall Faulk and Larry Centers, but I thought I was getting real steals in the first two rounds with TO and Taylor. Then I saw the other picks people were making and it dawned on me that you guys know your shit. My "steals" in those picks turned out to be reaches.

I got too caught up in my game plan to try and go for ultra-value early, because I thought all the high priced guys would go first, but everyone drafted pretty appropriate to their position with respects to players and cap. After the first 3 rounds (and my trade for Faulk), I kind of settled in. I wasn't confident in my ability to get value players further down the line, which is why I probably reached for a few guys early with lower cap values.