• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Washington Huskies vs #20 USC Trojans 11/12 7:30 EST on FOX

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For USC to win, the defense will need to get consistent pressure on Browning. USC's secondary is really good, but you can only cover guys like Ross and Pettis for so long. If USC can't get pressure on Browning, those 2 will break free and have big days.

Another thing that's interesting about this game is neither team has truly been tested of late. USC was tested earlier and failed, but the 5 game win streak has been built mainly against bad teams. They beat Colorado, who was ranked, but the other 4 teams are a combined 12-22. Washington hasn't been tested all season.

Both teams are beating bad teams the way you'd expect them too. But it'll be interesting to see how they each respond to facing better competition and some possible adversity.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For USC to win, the defense will need to get consistent pressure on Browning. USC's secondary is really good, but you can only cover guys like Ross and Pettis for so long. If USC can't get pressure on Browning, those 2 will break free and have big days.

Another thing that's interesting about this game is neither team has truly been tested of late. USC was tested earlier and failed, but the 5 game win streak has been built mainly against bad teams. They beat Colorado, who was ranked, but the other 4 teams are a combined 12-22. Washington hasn't been tested all season.

Both teams are beating bad teams the way you'd expect them too. But it'll be interesting to see how they each respond to facing better competition and some possible adversity.

I think Clancys D, Will be showing all kinds of different looks for that Washington offense, confusing the young bomb maker

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill out dude.lol. I was just fucking with you guys.
Oh and make sure you check out the hotties in bikinis on the boats. lol
Just looked at the weather. Good lord no wonder people kill themselves up there. Gloomy and rain pretty much every day till April. lol

Whoa, whoa, that's not anyone sane person in Washington's fault. That's all on the poser grunge scene that ruined the reputation of a once great city of Seattle. I personally blame Nirvana and Free Willy for the suicide rates skyrocketing.

Go Condoms!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clancys D, Will be showing all kinds of different looks for that Washington offense, confusing the young bomb maker

No doubt Clancy will throw some different looks at Browning. He's going to have to in order to get the kind of pressure he'll need for them to have a chance to win.

It's going to be interesting to see what he comes up with.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Rundown: The #5 Washington Huskies host the surging USC Trojans in Husky Stadium on Saturday night. What is this you ask? Yes, a Duck posting a game thread for the huskies and Trojans. Why? Folks this is the biggest game of the weekend and it comes to you from the PAC-12. The conference of champions. The huskies been robbed for the 4th spot from the CFP and this is a chance for them to prove the east coast bias wrong. But the Trojans are surging after a huge win against the Ducks. Lots are at stake in this game, both trying to win their respected divisions and the huskies are trying to get to somewhere they haven't been in a long, long time.

How this plays out: The huskies are at home in one of their biggest games of the year. Look for Petersen to set things up in washingtons favor in the game plan. I see a close game early on and at halftime both fan bases might have a few more gray hairs, but I see Washingtons defense getting to the young Darnold QB and making him frazzled. He makes one two many mistakes and huskies boring style of ball puts the glitz and glamor of Los Angeles to sleep and pull away in the 4th quarter.

Score prediction:

Washington - 32

USC - 21
Good prediction, but what if USC's defense can rattle the young Browning and cause him to get frazzled?

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Clancy will throw some different looks at Browning. He's going to have to in order to get the kind of pressure he'll need for them to have a chance to win.

It's going to be interesting to see what he comes up with.

I think SC has to gamble right from the get go with immediate pressure on their QB, and SC needs to pound the rock to control the game an the clock

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thank SC has to gamble right from the get go with immediate pressure on their QB, and SC needs to pound the rock to control the game an the clock

Agree. If they can get pressure on Browning and make a couple of plays early, it should quiet the crowd some which will help the offense.

Of course, the risk is that they could get burned with a couple of early big plays, get the crowd really whipped up and turn it into an "All I saw was purple" type of game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good prediction, but what if USC's defense can rattle the young Browning and cause him to get frazzled?
Then your chances of winning go up exponentially. I'm more looking for the Husky D to rattle the young Darnold, though.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If they can get pressure on Browning and make a couple of plays early, it should quiet the crowd some which will help the offense.

Of course, the risk is that they could get burned with a couple of early big plays, get the crowd really whipped up and turn it into an "All I saw was purple" type of game.

I agree with your last point, but I think with the crowd noise that it will be we have to take them out of the game early

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your chances of winning go up exponentially. I'm more looking for the Husky D to rattle the young Darnold, though.

Darnold has ice water in his veins, I have seen him time after time under huge pressure situations come out shining like a rose. I don't think you guys can rattle him unless he finds himself on his back a couple of times

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold has ice water in his veins, I have seen him time after time under huge pressure situations come out shining like a rose. I don't think you guys can rattle him unless he finds himself on his back a couple of times
Well, I'd guess that's the plan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, as Trojan-Man says, the kid seems like he has ice water in his veins, but this is also the most hostile environment he's ever been in, so it will be interesting to see how he responds.

That's why I think the defense needs to step up early and quiet the crowd a bit. If they can do that, it will give him a chance to adapt to the environment.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
785893cbeb.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC!!!!!! Just kidding in all seriousness. Its been a great season across the board in college football.Heres to a good game huskies.This may be the best game of Week 11. :suds: Trojan Fans I will be in 420 mode.Jones may be key we need him to run hard. And focussed on the game Much respect for both teams.These are two great teams..Let’s hope this is a classic game when all is said and done.

Fight On \/ !!!!!!