• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Pittsburgh Penguins v. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning Series Thread

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say then go ahead inviting the whole lot...perhaps element thought that this exodus thing would be a temporary thing and we'd all be back...or perhaps it wasn't element at all who I am thinking of and perhaps he was never invited.

Oh, and regarding rubbing people the wrong way on the main board, I think we are well enough past that and far enough removed from it being much of a factor.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, only on the Penguins' team board and the Pirates' board (which is actually fairly excellent, and not just by Disney standards). If I post in the Swamp, it's just to mess with someone or help someone else mess with someone.

The pirates team board is petty good. When I first started posting on the disney site in 2004, that is where I started out at

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was exculsively on the Steelers board (with an occasional trip to the rivals' boards) and only in the last 2-3 years ventured to the NHL board.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was exculsively on the Steelers board (with an occasional trip to the rivals' boards) and only in the last 2-3 years ventured to the NHL board.

the NHL board and the steeler board were my next two stops.

Good thing all of that horrible mess with the puppy and dup ended up creating the exodus to this utopia of awesomeness :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pirates team board is petty good. When I first started posting on the disney site in 2004, that is where I started out at

That's where I got started, too. I lurked on the NHL main board without an account, but I really wanted to ask a baseball question, so I got an account just to post on the Pirates' board. Pretty much everyone on that board brings a lot of really great knowledge to the table.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NHL board and the steeler board were my next two stops.

Good thing all of that horrible mess with the puppy and dup ended up creating the exodus to this utopia of awesomeness :)
were you around during the exodus from the steeler board back in 2006 or so? They created their own steeler site as well, with people like jonzr, finnegans wake, pensodyssey, aj_law, etc.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were you around during the exodus from the steeler board back in 2006 or so? They created their own steeler site as well, with people like jonzr, finnegans wake, pensodyssey, aj_law, etc.

I was on board to witness that exodus. It sucked, too because those guys were great! It was all the trolling that took place after SBXL with the general steeler hate. One of the best posters from that time was 75. That guy was comparable to what dash is to this site. Always starting new thread topics, and general policing of the board. But after XL, shit hit the fan with the refs etc. Too bad.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I took the time to go back over to the disney site but it doesn't seem like you can send private messages, anymore... Maybe i just don't know how to use their site. I always thought you had to click on the username of the person you wanted to send it to, but all that does is send you to a search list of all of their recent posts...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I took the time to go back over to the disney site but it doesn't seem like you can send private messages, anymore... Maybe i just don't know how to use their site. I always thought you had to click on the username of the person you wanted to send it to, but all that does is send you to a search list of all of their recent posts...

I was having the same problem. I assumed it was my crappy internet connection, though.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once you get to the search list of posts then click their name again and it should take you to their profile to allow the pm...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only takes one.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, only on the Penguins' team board and the Pirates' board (which is actually fairly excellent, and not just by Disney standards). If I post in the Swamp, it's just to mess with someone or help someone else mess with someone.

I saw this discussion actually I have been here for a few months (postmaster invite) but don't post a lot. Why no clue?!

Anyway I only ever posted on the Penguin/Pirate boards. Never on the general because the few times I went there read total garbage. Granted you get a ton of garbage on those boards but the regular posters are all good on both. I came here, and appreciated the invite because it is hard to find good stuff about Hockey (non Penguin focus) without the stupid posters always throwing in the Ovechkin and/or Crosby garbage.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome dddd,
The only way I can find to send messages over there is to click on the profile link at the top left of the page, then click on message center, compose new message and manually enter a persons name and then the message.
and dare, I think you are remembering lizardking and he is definitely still bitter.
I posted in one of the threads last week and he responded
"LMAO @ postmaster jumping ship from the board he begged everyone to come to. I guess it's not all that and a bag of chips over there after all.

"______ check you PM's"......rinse and repeat.......LOL."

Almost makes me want to make another round of recruiting myself.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey pix, did you see that report that some doctor who deals with retired NFL players said that players told him that they intentionally failed their baseline concussion tests so that they could pass them when they got concussions and come back before they were ready. They also took ritalin to help them pass them. No wonder they come back so fast!

Hockey players must be much smarter. :)

But seriously, that's not a good sign.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey pix, did you see that report that some doctor who deals with retired NFL players said that players told him that they intentionally failed their baseline concussion tests so that they could pass them when they got concussions and come back before they were ready. They also took ritalin to help them pass them. No wonder they come back so fast!

Hockey players must be much smarter. :)

But seriously, that's not a good sign.

That's why a lot of times you have to compare to the average baseline instead of the specific players baseline. NFL players are such idiots...but it doesn't help that the league sort of allows that to happen. Because they don't have any guaranteed money, unlike the other leagues which actually make GMs take risks on players, players are pressured to play to have a living. That and the average 4 year career of players means they'll do anything to play when they think they're at their physical peak. Disturbing.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new_tampa_lightning_logo.jpg
Pittsburgh-Penguins.jpg

(Pittsburgh leads best-of-seven series, 3-1)

TV: VERSUS, CBC (HD), SUN (HD), ROOT (HD)

Big story: The Penguins grabbed a commanding lead through four games following a scintillating 3-2 double overtime decision at St. Pete Times Forum on Wednesday. James Neal, who had connected for just one goal in his first 23 games with the Penguins since coming over in a February trade with Dallas, scored the game winner 3:38 into the fifth period. Neal's blast from the right boards near the hash marks clipped Dwayne Roloson's catching glove before entering the cage on the short side.

"As long as you keep shooting, one is going to find its way into the back of the net," Neal said. "I got a shot off the draw and just wanted to shoot. I didn't have the angle, but it managed to find its way in. I was lucky to get one, but the guys battled all night."

After serving one-game suspensions for illegal hits in Game 3, Pittsburgh's Chris Kunitz and Tampa Bay's Steve Downie will each be reinserted back into the lineup for Game 5.

Team Scope:

Lightning: Despite the loss, coach Guy Boucher commended Martin St. Louis and Sean Bergenheim for the exceptional efforts during his Game 4 postgame press conference. With his team trailing 2-0 and being outplayed, St. Louis got the Lightning and the sellout crowd at the St. Pete Times Forum back into the game at 17:14 of the second when he his team-leading fourth goal of the series. Bergenheim's first career playoff goal came off a mad scramble in the slot with 3:17 left in regulation and pulled Tampa Bay into a 2-2 tie. In addition to their goals, St. Louis finished with 4 takeaways and 2 blocked shots and Bergenheim had 3 hits and 3 steals.

Penguins: The Penguins' penalty-killers did a superb job in Game 4 in support of goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, not only denying the Lightning on four power-play chances but limiting them to only three shots, including a single shot during an advantage late in the first OT. Tampa Bay had scored four power-play goals in the first three games. Penguins center Jordan Staal was at the center of those penalty kills. Staal, who logged 28:33 of ice time, blocked two shots, doled out three hits and won 54 percent of his faceoffs, was "spectacular" in the eyes of coach Dan Bylsma.

Who's hot: Penguins fourth-line grinders Craig Adams, Mike Rupp and Arron Asham have been nothing short of remarkable in four games against the Lightning. The trio has accounted for four of the team's 10 goals in the series, scoring at least once in each contest so far. Asham leads the team with 3 goals and his line has accrued 6 points and a plus-12 rating through four contests.

Injury report: Defensemen Randy Jones (ankle), Marc-Andre Bergeron (upper body) and Matt Smaby (lower body) have been skating with the Lightning but remain day-to-day. … Penguins captain Sidney Crosby skated with the team on Wednesday but remains out.

Stat pack: Pittsburgh's victory in Game 4 marked the first time in this series that the team holding the advantage in hits for the game came out on the winning end. The Pens finished with a 36-35 edge in body checks on Wednesday -- led by rookie Eric Tangradi (5). Tampa Bay outhit the Penguins in Game 1 (44-35) and Game 3 (36-32), while the Penguins held the advantage in Game 2 (36-27).

Puck drop: "I'm one of those guys who believes it's possible until there is absolutely no time left," Boucher said. "I've seen it before, done it before and if it's one game at a time, then this one we lose, next one we win, and we're back in our rink again. The series are never about momentum. They're about desperation."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be home for this one, but I wanted to hopefully keep my streak alive!

LETS GO PENS

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit yacking and drop the fucking puck already!!!!!!!!!!!