• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden focuses more on creating for others like he did last night the Sixers are gonna be tough. Still a depth issue though. And that backup C spot is a real issue.
BBall Paul was +5 last night. They just need to not get killed in those minutes

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the key minutes for Philly are when Embiid is not on the floor. They often get out to leads and then squander them the minute Embiid is out of the game. Last night B-Ball Paul came in during the second quarter, and he wasn't great, but he was OK out there, he didn't give up easy inside buckets, and the other guys scored and they maintained the lead, which was huge.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the key minutes for Philly are when Embiid is not on the floor. They often get out to leads and then squander them the minute Embiid is out of the game. Last night B-Ball Paul came in during the second quarter, and he wasn't great, but he was OK out there, he didn't give up easy inside buckets, and the other guys scored and they maintained the lead, which was huge.

B-Ball was perfectly acceptable last night. Had a couple of nice high effort moments, a few rebounds and a nice assist. That is VASTLY better than what the Sixers have historically got from their backup C in the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-Ball was perfectly acceptable last night. Had a couple of nice high effort moments, a few rebounds and a nice assist. That is VASTLY better than what the Sixers have historically got from their backup C in the playoffs.
Not to be lost in this is the work of the 4 other guys around him in the non-Embiid minutes. Maxey Harris and Harden stepped up and were decisive in those minutes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be lost in this is the work of the 4 other guys around him in the non-Embiid minutes. Maxey Harris and Harden stepped up and were decisive in those minutes.

Sure but in the past the black hole at Center would make the other players irrelevant.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Raptors are missing Barnes, Trent Jr, Young tonight the Sixers need to leave no doubt. Embiid better be careful. With Nurse’s comments officials are going to be looking to put him in foul trouble and on the bench.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Toronto goes down 2-0, not sure they can recover. I didn't expect them to win this series though either.
I honestly thought this was a 50-50 series.
The Sixers were prepared in Game 1, so I begrudgingly credit Doc Rivers.

TOR averaged 13.4 OREB per game
They had 7 in Game 1, which was their 3rd lowest this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Toronto goes down 2-0, not sure they can recover. I didn't expect them to win this series though either.
I did. I’m starting to think that the Sixers have been sandbagging this half court offense and instead closed with a ton of iso ball designed to highlight Embiid and get him the MVP. I barely recognized that team that played on Saturday. The ball moved on offense. They took care of their defensive glass. They didn’t turn the ball over. They actually beat a team that generated fast break offense to the tune of 29-9 in that category.

I’ve seen a ton of Harden is cooked takes and I will own that I’ve said and still say he isn’t MVP and top 5 player James Harden but on Saturday the Sixers shot 14-17 off of his passes. If the Sixers continue to get this guy the deal will seem like a great deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought this was a 50-50 series.
The Sixers were prepared in Game 1, so I begrudgingly credit Doc Rivers.

TOR averaged 13.4 OREB per game
They had 7 in Game 1, which was their 3rd lowest this year.
Surprisingly, a very good rebounding team. Their forwards are lanky and great rebounders but they still don't have anyone to guard Embiid. That's why I worry about a long series for Toronto. No Ibaka or Gasol this time around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. I’m starting to think that the Sixers have been sandbagging this half court offense and instead closed with a ton of iso ball designed to highlight Embiid and get him the MVP. I barely recognized that team that played on Saturday. The ball moved on offense. They took care of their defensive glass. They didn’t turn the ball over. They actually beat a team that generated fast break offense to the tune of 29-9 in that category.

I’ve seen a ton of Harden is cooked takes and I will own that I’ve said and still say he isn’t MVP and top 5 player James Harden but on Saturday the Sixers shot 14-17 off of his passes. If the Sixers continue to get this guy the deal will seem like a great deal.
They don't need top 5 Harden or top 10 Harden...play like they did game 1 and they will be fine. Maxey won't play like that every game but still Harden can be a #3 and win...I'm sure he will take it. He can be a facilitator. I'm sure he loves not having to carry an offense and with how he looks, he is better suited for that role.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need top 5 Harden or top 10 Harden...play like they did game 1 and they will be fine. Maxey won't play like that every game but still Harden can be a #3 and win...I'm sure he will take it. He can be a facilitator. I'm sure he loves not having to carry an offense and with how he looks, he is better suited for that role.
Agreed. All 4 guys contribute like they did Saturday and it helps them share that pressure instead of it falling on one guy.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, a very good rebounding team. Their forwards are lanky and great rebounders but they still don't have anyone to guard Embiid. That's why I worry about a long series for Toronto. No Ibaka or Gasol this time around.
The Sixers announcers kept hammering home that TOR isn't a very good halfcourt team on offense.
They rely on OREB and turnovers.

That's what I'll be looking for in Game 2.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers announcers kept hammering home that TOR isn't a very good halfcourt team on offense.
They rely on OREB and turnovers.

That's what I'll be looking for in Game 2.
They actually performed a lot better in the half court than I thought they would. I hate to be that guy when spirits are riding high (I’m a fucking poet), but this isn’t all sunshine and lollipops. Every single possible opponent going forward in the playoffs is going to be a better half court offense than the Raptors. Sixers half court D is still going to be a problem unless they can get Thybulle to a point where teams have to actually cover him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be important for Philly to establish themselves early tonight against an undermanned Raptors team that will be forced to shuffle its lineups due to injuries. I will be curious to see what they try do to do stop Maxey, they had no answer for him.