• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 5) Utah Jazz

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the talk of KD possibly going to the Warriors started getting serious, Steph Curry basically said: The more the merrier. Bring him in.

Russell Westbrook said "I don't recruit".

Tells me all I need to know about which player is about winning and which one is about getting his stats.

Bullshit, MJ would have said the exact same thing. It’s called being a man and not a pussy like all these guys are now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid comments by Cowherd. Completely different players, both can do things the other can’t.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, MJ would have said the exact same thing. It’s called being a man and not a pussy like all these guys are now.

Uh, no he wouldn't. MJ's competitive as hell, but he's not stupid. He wouldn't have left the Bulls to go join someone else. But if another top player wanted to join him on the Bulls, he'd have been just fine with it.

And even if he would have said the same thing, things are different these days. So Westbrook's "I don't recruit" stance doesn't make him a man, it makes him a moron.

Enjoy your 47 win seasons and first round playoff exits while he's in OKC.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no he wouldn't. MJ's competitive as hell, but he's not stupid. He wouldn't have left the Bulls to go join someone else. But if another top player wanted to join him on the Bulls, he'd have been just fine with it.

And even if he would have said the same thing, things are different these days. So Westbrook's "I don't recruit" stance doesn't make him a man, it makes him a moron.

Enjoy your 47 win seasons and first round playoff exits while he's in OKC.

Are you sure about MJ?

The Bulls were able to pay MJ like $30 million a year when the total cap was something like $20 million. No halfway decent team could afford to pay even a quarter of what the Bulls could. Also, the Bulls were the best team in the league.

I love when people assume Jordan wouldn't have left. It is pure speculation. If free agency rules were the same then as they are today and the Bulls were not close to championship level, Jordan probably would have packed his bags too.

The rules were totally different. The system was rigged to discourage free agents leaving. All the OGs criticizing player loyalty is tired. They are just jealous they didn't have as much power as today's players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have fun with your "man" and endless string of early playoff exits while KD and Harden lead their teams to deep runs every year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun with your "man" and endless string of early playoff exits while KD and Harden lead their teams to deep runs every year.
And you guys have fun rooting for a bunch of pussies without a competitive bone in their bodies. It will get even worse this offseason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you guys have fun rooting for a bunch of pussies without a competitive bone in their bodies. It will get even worse this offseason.

You are right. The Wizards are pussies.

Looks like you have the same problem Westbrook does. Too much pride.

Basketball is a team game. You need great players who are able to play with other good players. Westbrook can't do that, and his pride is a big reason why.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Doesn't even get a response?

No thanks.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OKC fans are really triggered. For a minute, I thought Wiggy was in here stirring up trouble.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without trying to stir up a 30 page argument. I would like to have an honest answer to a simple question I've had for a long time.
Why does it bother so many fans of other teams that OKC fans are happy with Russell Westbrook?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without trying to stir up a 30 page argument. I would like to have an honest answer to a simple question I've had for a long time.
Why does it bother so many fans of other teams that OKC fans are happy with Russell Westbrook?

who says we're "bothered"? Hell the guy's great. but the thing most folks are trying to point out is he's all about himself. don't worry though, he's not the only player with that issue...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not bothered at all.

I was one of very few saying Russ was overrated last year while the vast majority were criticizing KD and on Russ' nuts. I am being proven right.

If it was just OKC fans being happy with Russ, I don't think anyone would have an issue. It isn't that. @thunderc and others take every opportunity to blast KD, when the truth is so obviously clear to everyone outside of OKC.

When you guys stop blaming KD and come to terms with the reality that Russ is why he left, then I will stop blasting Russ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when people assume Jordan wouldn't have left. It is pure speculation. If free agency rules were the same then as they are today and the Bulls were not close to championship level, Jordan probably would have packed his bags too.

Yeah, probably should have said, I doubt he would leave. No way to know what he'd actually do if they had today's FA rules.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you assume anyone is particularly bothered? This is an NBA message board and last time I checked, the Thunder are still in the NBA. So they are going to be discussed.

If you guys are happy with Russ being Russ and early playoff exits, that's fine with me. I don't understand the logic, but it's your team.

Heck, as a Lakers fan, I hope Westbrook keeps doing what he does and the FO and fans keep being happy with it. It'll be one less team for the Lakers to worry about when they are a relevant team again.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was one of very few saying Russ was overrated last year while the vast majority were criticizing KD and on Russ' nuts. I am being proven right.

If it was just OKC fans being happy with Russ, I don't think anyone would have an issue. It isn't that. @thunderc and others take every opportunity to blast KD, when the truth is so obviously clear to everyone outside of OKC.

When you guys stop blaming KD and come to terms with the reality that Russ is why he left, then I will stop blasting Russ.

The issue with kd is that he mislead the FO. Had he just said he was going to leave everyone would be fine with him. Just like we are fine with PG leaving.
But that's not the issue I was addressing. There are posters who are bothered by the fact that OKC fans are happy. It really seems to eat at people. Westbrook has been loyal to OKC and the OKC fans like that about him. We have been told for 10 years that no superstar player would ever choose to play in OKC. So when one does we appreciate the loyalty. Apparently it's something people have trouble understanding. FWIW we like Collison too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably should have said, I doubt he would leave. No way to know what he'd actually do if they had today's FA rules.

Yep.

Apples and oranges.

It is why players from the 90s and before need to stop criticizing current guys for exercising their collectively bargained right to pursue free agency. Many of them would have done the same if they had the opportunity.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with kd is that he mislead the FO. Had he just said he was going to leave everyone would be fine with him. Just like we are fine with PG leaving.
But that's not the issue I was addressing. There are posters who are bothered by the fact that OKC fans are happy. It really seems to eat at people. Westbrook has been loyal to OKC and the OKC fans like that about him. We have been told for 10 years that no superstar player would ever choose to play in OKC. So when one does we appreciate the loyalty. Apparently it's something people have trouble understanding. FWIW we like Collison too.

I get the perspective. I don't recall him ever saying he was staying though. At least not in the year leading up to his decision. To be fair, any type of declaration that is anything but "I am 100% staying" only serves to hurt the team. It sucks when the player actually leaves, but it is even worse when the player openly discusses impending feee agency while still under contract. I don't recall KD doing that. Media assumed he was staying because the team got close to the Finals. But aside from a few vague comments about being happy in OKC (much like PG has also made), I don't recall any promises from KD.

The difference IMO is that you had KD for 9 years and PG for 1. Also, KD is much better, so the attachment was stronger.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the perspective. I don't recall him ever saying he was staying though. At least not in the year leading up to his decision. To be fair, any type of declaration that is anything but "I am 100% staying" only serves to hurt the team. It sucks when the player actually leaves, but it is even worse when the player openly discusses impending feee agency while still under contract. I don't recall KD doing that. Media assumed he was staying because the team got close to the Finals. But aside from a few vague comments about being happy in OKC (much like PG has also made), I don't recall any promises from KD.

The difference IMO is that you had KD for 9 years and PG for 1. Also, KD is much better, so the attachment was stronger.

Kd did say he wanted to be in OKC his entire career. Never once mentioned leaving was even a possibility. Then put off his announcement until it was to late for OKC to add another FA.
Don't get me wrong it was a smart and calculated move on his part. He made GS almost unbeatable and took out their chief competition at the same time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kd did say he wanted to be in OKC his entire career. Never once mentioned leaving was even a possibility. Then put off his announcement until it was to late for OKC to add another FA.
Don't get me wrong it was a smart and calculated move on his part. He made GS almost unbeatable and took out their chief competition at the same time.

I don't think it was calculated. KD might have been leaning toward GS, but there is no chance he had his mind made up before the FA meetings. Also, he announced the decision before the FA moratorium was even over, so he did not delay. LeBron usually takes well over a week to make his decisions. KD didn't do that.

Lastly, there was nobody OKC could have signed to replace KD. As soon as he left, you all were screwed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No issue if thst is the reason he left, be a man and say it instead of playing like shit and choking off a title when you had it won. Russ is an easy target but it is undeniable that he is a superstar and I think the best athlete to ever play the game and a competitor unlike no other in the league.