• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Clippers vs. 5) Mavs

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are talking about 11 year olds then i agree with @fightinfunbags
If we are talking random in public stuff it doesn’t have to be children. Be a decent person or someone is going to put you to the test at some point. I am not talking about guys getting into it on the court, though I do think the league should be much more image conscious.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are talking about 11 year olds then i agree with @fightinfunbags

That was about the age my son was when I told him that I know he's hearing his friends cuss and that he's cussing right along with them. I told him that cussing around me is fine (just don't overdo it) but no cussing around women, especially his mom, sisters, etc.

He made the mistake of saying fuck when talking during a family gathering once. Both grandma's, my wife and all 3 of his sisters put him on blast...laughed my ass off and said..."Now you know why I told you not to do that."

Then his Mom found out and let him have it too. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was about the age my son was when I told him that I know he's hearing his friends cuss and that he's cussing right along with them. I told him that cussing around me is fine (just don't overdo it) but no cussing around women, especially his mom, sisters, etc.

He made the mistake of saying fuck when talking during a family gathering once. Both grandma's, my wife and all 3 of his sisters put him on blast...laughed my ass off and said..."Now you know why I told you not to do that."

Then his Mom found out and let him have it too. lol
Walking the dog a few weeks ago and we always stop at a park. Group of probably 13 year olds there. One big kid was dropping f bombs left and right. One of the other kids asked me if I would tell him to stop talking like that. I said I can’t tell him what to do, but what I can tell him is one day he will have kids and he won’t like it if people talk like that around them. The kid apologized. Seen them a few times since without incident. Unfortunately some of these kids now days their parents don’t even make an attempt to try to teach them right from wrong because they were never taught themselves. I feel for kids now days.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking the dog a few weeks ago and we always stop at a park. Group of probably 13 year olds there. One big kid was dropping f bombs left and right. One of the other kids asked me if I would tell him to stop talking like that. I said I can’t tell him what to do, but what I can tell him is one day he will have kids and he won’t like it if people talk like that around them. The kid apologized. Seen them a few times since without incident. Unfortunately some of these kids now days their parents don’t even make an attempt to try to teach them right from wrong because they were never taught themselves. I feel for kids now days.

What age did you say your first cuss word? 25?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was silly? I assure you I was raised to not do stuff like that around little kids.
So was I and I don’t. I’m just saying that the times have changed on people’s attitudes about profanity.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was I and I don’t. I’m just saying that the times have changed on people’s attitudes about profanity.
Some of society has degraded yes, I think that is more what you meant.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of society has degraded yes, I think that is more what you meant.
Not at all what I meant. It’s what old and out of touch people think. It’s hilarious to me when people just step right into the tropes and act like this was their idea or something. I mean who could see that coming! The older person doesn’t like change.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all what I meant. It’s what old and out of touch people think. It’s hilarious to me when people just step right into the tropes and act like this was their idea or something. I mean who could see that coming! The older person doesn’t like change.
Feel free to try to say this is anything but societal decay. Definitely what we are seeing though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to try to say this is anything but societal decay. Definitely what we are seeing though.
I will because the use of profanity isn’t evidence of societal decay.

You’re talking to a guy who thinks we are in a moment where humanity has never done it better but we are inundated by media that serves to convince us that these are the end times and the whole world is going to hell. It’s absolutely not. Humanity will always be flawed. You’re one of many who has been manipulated into thinking doom and gloom lurks around every corner.

And the world view you embrace is one that most generations of old people have embraced throughout the course of human history.

“Grog like days before wheel. Young kids don’t know. World fall apart.”

And now we have totally high jacked a series thread over some prudes whose virgin ears were bleeding over <checks notes> not words they actually heard but the hypothetical of maybe some kids hearing bad words at a sporting event.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will because the use of profanity isn’t evidence of societal decay.

You’re talking to a guy who thinks we are in a moment where humanity has never done it better but we are inundated by media that serves to convince us that these are the end times and the whole world is going to hell. It’s absolutely not. Humanity will always be flawed. You’re one of many who has been manipulated into thinking doom and gloom lurks around every corner.

And the world view you embrace is one that most generations of old people have embraced throughout the course of human history.

“Grog like days before wheel. Young kids don’t know. World fall apart.”

And now we have totally high jacked a series thread over some prudes whose virgin ears were bleeding over <checks notes> not words they actually heard but the hypothetical of maybe some kids hearing bad words at a sporting event.
Yeah I know your type, probably written a paper on how society benefits from people being less than civil to each other and how everyone should just look the other way. Not happening in my world, I’m not alone. And you are right about the click bait media. They have no affect on me. My family will always be civil but things get dealt with when people aren’t. How I was raised and how my family is.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What age did you say your first cuss word? 25?
I was eleven the first time I uttered sonavabitch and I remember because the next door neighbor’s daughter told my dad. He took me aside that night and told me “Son - don’t cuss in front of that bitch.”

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see the Clippers winning this without a bigger showing by @Mecca