• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Clippers vs. 5) Mavs

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree strongly with this.

It is a problem with our culture today.

When I was a kid, there was a respect thing. It wasn’t societably acceptable for grown ups to curse in front of kids. And stranger adults would actually check each other when that norm was broken.

Now?

People don’t care. They will say whatever in front of whoever. Young kids watch trash on YouTube, watch adult content all the time.

And I can tell you 100% for sure it has had a profoundly negative affect on kids in our society. It is a big problem.

It's a problem because parents don't do their part.

Not sure where you grew up but I heard plenty of f bombs as a kid. My mom was one who didn't cuss in front of me though. I will grant you that.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t appear to matter a lot what he does at the moment. This Dallas team is pretty locked in.

And this is with Gafford giving them nothing the first 2 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a problem because parents don't do their part.

Not sure where you grew up but I heard plenty of f bombs as a kid. My mom was one who didn't cuss in front of me though. I will grant you that.

I am 45.

It happened. Yes.

But when it did, somebody would usually speak up.

“Hey, watch your language in front of the kids”.

That doesn’t happen anymore.

And yeah, parents way too loose with their language and even more with crap they let their young kids watch.

It’s more than just parents. It is acceptable now. Didn’t used to be.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 45.

It happened. Yes.

And yeah, parents way too loose with their language and even more with crap they let their young kids watch.

I think your point about YouTube is more impactful than words adults use (depending on context) Parents park their kids in front of a TV to watch garbage all day. So instead of raising their kids some clickbait retard is the one doing it.

So when i say context if my wife and I are arguing and i am just cussing at her that is me telling my son it's okay to talk to her and other women like that.

Not OK.

If I'm saying that is a great fucking play while watching a game I don't think it even registers for him lol. But I do try to personally clean up my language and I never cuss at him.

Back to our initial discussion if I'm that concerned about potential language at a game then I would sit further away. You get what you get imo.

Fans deserve to get some shit back they think because they paid for a ticket they can act like jerks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your point about YouTube is more impactful than words adults use (depending on context) Parents park their kids in front of a TV to watch garbage all day. So instead of raising their kids some clickbait retard is the one doing it.

So when i say context if my wife and I are arguing and i am just cussing at her that is me telling my son it's okay to talk to her and other women like that.

Not OK.

If I'm saying that is a great fucking play while watching a game I don't think it even registers for him lol. But I do try to personally clean up my language and I never cuss at him.

Back to our initial discussion if I'm that concerned about potential language at a game then I would sit further away. You get what you get imo.

Fans deserve to get some shit back they think because they paid for a ticket they can act like jerks.

All I am saying…

It has been a gradual shift in our culture as to what is acceptable.

Grown ups cursing in front of kids used to be a no-no.

I am not talking about players talking to each other on the court. That is different.

Players talking to the fans though?

It shouldn’t be allowed IMO. Be respectful of ALL fans. That should be expected of the players.

I have witness an erosion of what is considered acceptable public behavior in my lifetime.

Now it isn’t even a big deal for a kid to curse out their teacher. If that happened 30 years ago the kid was in big trouble.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 45.

It happened. Yes.

Agree.

When I was a kid, I once decked another kid for cussing in front of my Mom.

These days? I've seen kids cuss AT their Mom.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times have changed and profanity is no longer considered a big deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi played 25 and George played 30

Harden got a real playoffs workload as he played 44

I know kawhi is hurt but I need to see PG around 40 tomorrow

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet it is
That’s just your personal opinion. Let’s just add this to the growing list of things that establish you as out of touch. Profanity is not the big deal that it used to be. That’s a fact. I don’t care if you accept it or not, the condition doesn’t change. Good luck with the windmills, Don Quixote.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just your personal opinion. Let’s just add this to the growing list of things that establish you as out of touch. Profanity is not the big deal that it used to be. That’s a fact. I don’t care if you accept it or not, the condition doesn’t change. Good luck with the windmills, Don Quixote.
You can rest assured if someone around here is using foul language around children that someone is going to speak up. Advocating for anything but is just unreal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rest assured if someone around here is using foul language around children that someone is going to speak up. Advocating for anything but is just unreal.

are we talking about 3 year olds or 11 year olds?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we talking about 3 year olds or 11 year olds?
Either. It depends on the setting. The 3 year old doesn’t have much of a chance of understanding, the 11 year old does.