• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/9 GDT Zeets at Rockheads

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito's Best Performance EVER!

buffy.gif

Ahhhh....Buff it, you little minx.....

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zito gets a lot of love for that gem, but what about Melky? We traded a broke as Sanchez for what looks to be a legit ML hitter, and a guy that's actually on base for our good hitters to drive in.

Pagan and Blanco have both been pretty underwhelming so far imo.... hopefully one of these two can bust out and be an one base machine.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere Bengie is whining about there being no personal catchers on the Giants.

And somewhere else FUDsense is throwing cold water on the Zeet start and whining about fear in Timmy's eyes.

Fuck them all, I say. Jesus Raptor?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now c'mon, as a Giant yes. He did win a Cy in his career.

Where did I say it was the best season of his career? I said the best GAME of his career.

Complete game. Check

Shutout. Check

No walks. Check

4 hits. Check

IN Colorado. Check

Breaking his teams 3-game losing streak. Check

Once again...

BEST GAME OF ZITOS CAREER

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game today, kept waiting and waiting for the Zito implosion and was as shocked as all of you that it never came. Hope to God that this is the beginning of a string of good starts for Zito but I won't hold my breathe. It would definitely be a huge boost for this team if he could put together a good season and finish the final couple years of that awful contract on a high note. *Knocks on wood* And I am fully aware that I am jumping the gun here. Also, not sure if this was talked about or if anyone else shares the same sentiment (you guys have 12 page gameday threads, my Sharks board gets 6 or 7 on a good night), but Hector Sanchez looks like a Major League ball player. I feel like the future holds him as our every day Catcher, with Buster at first, Joe Panick at SS, Belt in LF (although I know he is more comfortable at 1B) and Gary Brown in Center. I hope Belt can get it together, I would hate to dub him 'Brandon Bowker', kid rakes in the minors but hasn't had much success with the big club thus far. I think it's mainly mental with Brandon, I have never read and heard the word 'pressing' and a player's name in the same sentence as much as I do with Belt. Seems like he's got a lot going on in his head and may be putting waaaaay too much pressure on himself. Hope he can relax and take this first steps in the right direction towards what we all hope will be an All-Star caliber career. One question for you fellas. Does anyone know how well Brett Pill plays second base? I know he has minor league experience there, it'd be real nice to be able to park him at 2B and have his bat in the every day lineup for now and the future. Sorry for the long post, hoping to be more engaged with you fellas this season and stay in the loop.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game today, kept waiting and waiting for the Zito implosion and was as shocked as all of you that it never came. Hope to God that this is the beginning of a string of good starts for Zito but I won't hold my breathe. It would definitely be a huge boost for this team if he could put together a good season and finish the final couple years of that awful contract on a high note. *Knocks on wood* And I am fully aware that I am jumping the gun here. Also, not sure if this was talked about or if anyone else shares the same sentiment (you guys have 12 page gameday threads, my Sharks board gets 6 or 7 on a good night), but Hector Sanchez looks like a Major League ball player. I feel like the future holds him as our every day Catcher, with Buster at first, Joe Panick at SS, Belt in LF (although I know he is more comfortable at 1B) and Gary Brown in Center. I hope Belt can get it together, I would hate to dub him 'Brandon Bowker', kid rakes in the minors but hasn't had much success with the big club thus far. I think it's mainly mental with Brandon, I have never read and heard the word 'pressing' and a player's name in the same sentence as much as I do with Belt. Seems like he's got a lot going on in his head and may be putting waaaaay too much pressure on himself. Hope he can relax and take this first steps in the right direction towards what we all hope will be an All-Star caliber career. One question for you fellas. Does anyone know how well Brett Pill plays second base? I know he has minor league experience there, it'd be real nice to be able to park him at 2B and have his bat in the every day lineup for now and the future. Sorry for the long post, hoping to be more engaged with you fellas this season and stay in the loop.

Sanchez (C3PO, Chez3) looks good, but is a very low likelihood that he will be any kind of long-term everyday solution for the Giants. He is, AT BEST, our #3 catching prospect.

We have 2 other highly touted catching prospects in SJ and Richmond who could be ready for their shots by as early as next season. Look for sow nice trades in th next year or two involving our shipping out sow young talent for some experience.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who projects to be the better of the two? I am assuming you are referring to Joseph and Susac.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who projects to be the better of the two? I am assuming you are referring to Joseph and Susac.

I am. ToJo is younger, but already has 2 full seasons under his belt. Last year was a true breakout, but this year is a big test (the EL is very rough on hitters). Susac was a projected 1st rounder that slipped to the G's in the 2nd round. He is more polished, but is still more of an unknown since he as never played pro yet.

Joseph is rated anywhere from our #2 to #4 prospect while Susac is typically rated around #6.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. ToJo is younger, but already has 2 full seasons under his belt. Last year was a true breakout, but this year is a big test (the EL is very rough on hitters). Susac was a projected 1st rounder that slipped to the G's in the 2nd round. He is more polished, but is still more of an unknown since he as never played pro yet.

Joseph is rated anywhere from our #2 to #4 prospect while Susac is typically rated around #6.

Yeah, but tzill has a man crush on Susac, so there is that going for him. How the heck did the Giants go from Stewie and Whiteside to becoming so catching rich? Gotta like it.

Last year, ToJo hit 22 homers, but something like 7 of them were either at High Desert or Lancaster over two series. Wind must have been blowing out. Of course, the wind at High Desert and Lancaster makes the days at the 'Stick look like calm and peaceful days.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

ToJo has the potential to be a Mccann like force with the bat and behind the plate, but it's just that, potential. He could easily flame out like the countless other prep stars that have before him, and never reach the bigs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, welcome to the board.

Second, Pill is an absolute STATUE at 2B...he is not a viable defender outside of the corners (1B, 3B, LF, RF) and OF may be stretching it for Brett. He only played 2B at Fresno last year so Belt could play 1B.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I figured that much. Pill has that prototypical first basemans build, around 6'3 230 lbs. Just didn't want to jump to conclusions since I haven't seen or heard anything about his ability or lack thereof at second base. Thanks tzill.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say it was the best season of his career? I said the best GAME of his career.

Complete game. Check

Shutout. Check

No walks. Check

4 hits. Check

IN Colorado. Check

Breaking his teams 3-game losing streak. Check

Once again...

BEST GAME OF ZITOS CAREER

Dude has certainly pitched shutouts before, and surely a couple with no walks, and surely a couple in higher leverage games. It's just been a long ass time.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has certainly pitched shutouts before, and surely a couple with no walks, and surely a couple in higher leverage games. It's just been a long ass time.

In Zito's 2003 complete game shutout, he allowed 6 hits...So I guess it could be argued that it was the best start of his career.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Zito's 2003 complete game shutout, he allowed 6 hits...So I guess it could be argued that it was the best start of his career.

Was that his only other shutout? Not being snarky, just too lazy to look it up.

Also, aren't shutouts by definition complete games?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that his only other shutout? Not being snarky, just too lazy to look it up.

Also, aren't shutouts by definition complete games?

I am at work, an cannot look it up right now, but I believe yesterday was his fourth career SO.

If anyone has the time to track down those box scores, that would likely be rep-worthy...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sept 10 2000 TBD 5 H 0 BB 8K
Aug 9 2001 Bos 4 hits 2 BB 3 K
Aug 20 2001 Cle 4 hits 2 BB 11K
April 18 2003 Tex 6 hits 1 BB 6 K
April 9 2012 @Col 4 hits 0 BB 4 K

All his previous shutouts were at home (in oakland, obviously).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept 10 2000 TBD 5 H 0 BB 8K
Aug 9 2001 Bos 4 hits 2 BB 3 K
Aug 20 2001 Cle 4 hits 2 BB 11K
April 18 2003 Tex 6 hits 1 BB 6 K
April 9 2012 @Col 4 hits 0 BB 4 K

All his previous shutouts were at home (in oakland, obviously).

Looks like cal was right, based on those numbers yesterday really was his best complete game ever. Maybe the 2000 one about equal if they were in a pennant race.

I'm so glad we are having this argument. Did not see that coming.