• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/8 Pure Evil @ Horse

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, 2014 was his surgery.
And he only threw 70 innings last year. He was not going to get the no-no with no control and an 89 mph heater.

No reason to not only threaten his arm, but the game as well. Their bully blew the game, that is for sure. But going to the bully was the right move.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he only threw 70 innings last year. He was not going to get the no-no with no control and an 89 mph heater.

No reason to not only threaten his arm, but the game as well. Their bully blew the game, that is for sure. But going to the bully was the right move.

I respectfully disagree. The kid had a chance at history....he may never get that opportunity again in his career. I totally understand your logic and it is exactly that....logical. However, this is a different beast. If you were that worried about his arm, have him skip his next start. But give the kid the opportunity to do something that hadn't been done since 1892. He earned it. And its not like the Bums' bully was a lock to finish it for him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't look upset at all when he was taken out. I think he understood. I would guess that Doc told him before he went out that he had a one-base runner leash, so he knew what was up.

I think if the dogs had a bigger lead, than MAYBE he would have been given a bit more leash, but even then, I am not sure. 100 pitches on a rebuilt arm is a lot for this point of the season and this point of his return.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game and dinner after. I'm 2-0 on the season so far.

Had 'em all the way....

Also, got a text from a buddy with an extra for tomorrow. Might just have to suck it up and go.

After synagogue, of course. :kev: