• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4-29-16: LMFAO @ Dee Gordon

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre prob right, which is actually insane

"No, you cant include a clause in my contract that penalizes me for doing something illegal"
Eventually the league will go through what happened in the NBA with all these insane contracts to under performing players. The market will have to be completely readjusted

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papalshat is such a fucking doucheknuckle.

I wish they'd tie his riverdancing ass to josh beckette and toss them into an alligator farm.

I would prefer a shark tank

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big question regarding the pitching in Philly is: Why?

Those kids are gonna give up a ton of homers in that ballpark. Shouldn't this franchise invest in some offense instead?

Can they move their fences at all? I'd ask a Phillies fan but there aren't many that come to the Daily thread
I have been saying that for a few years now--well not that they should move in the fences but that they should really build a team based on the ballpark they have, which would mean targeting guys that get lots of walks and homeruns. I think offense in mlb as a whole is down in the last 10 years or so and that is why they have been able to scratch out some wins so far this year, but definitely I think they need to work on improving the offense because of the park they are in.
When they were at their best in the mid 2000's they had Cole Hamels, who was legitimate, then the rest of the starters were ok, but certainly nothing special but they had the offense to win. To illustrate my point, I remember Joe Blanton starting playoff and even World Series games--Joe Freaking Blanton. Then they got all crazy with Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay and just let the offense slowly age.
Right now their offense is a joke but they have a couple good young guys at the top of the order and for the first time in a long time they have some hitters in the minors (one, JP Crawford, is a Shortstop who can also hit, which would be huge).

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying that for a few years now--well not that they should move in the fences but that they should really build a team based on the ballpark they have, which would mean targeting guys that get lots of walks and homeruns. I think offense in mlb as a whole is down in the last 10 years or so and that is why they have been able to scratch out some wins so far this year, but definitely I think they need to work on improving the offense because of the park they are in.
When they were at their best in the mid 2000's they had Cole Hamels, who was legitimate, then the rest of the starters were ok, but certainly nothing special but they had the offense to win. To illustrate my point, I remember Joe Blanton starting playoff and even World Series games--Joe Freaking Blanton. Then they got all crazy with Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay and just let the offense slowly age.
Right now their offense is a joke but they have a couple good young guys at the top of the order and for the first time in a long time they have some hitters in the minors (one, JP Crawford, is a Shortstop who can also hit, which would be huge).

Good stuff. Glad to see you outside of the Philly boards!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of the Phillies fanbase, I would like to say fuck the Indians and fuck anybody that likes them. Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Cleveland must be destroyed. We regret nothing, and like I said, fuck the Indians.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of the Phillies fanbase, I would like to say fuck the Indians and fuck anybody that likes them. Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Cleveland must be destroyed. We regret nothing, and like I said, fuck the Indians.

Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and or Detroit I understand, but Philadelphia hates Cleveland too.

Unless this is personal. WTF did you do @SlinkyRedfoot

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and or Detroit I understand, but Philadelphia hates Cleveland too.

Well, by religious law, Philadelphia fans are obliged to hate anyone and anything outside of the Tri-State area

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful Camden, NJ with a Philly backdrop
latest?cb=20081001004734

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you know I've been drumming up avi bets for the Indians' series so far. Well, to date, the only fanbase with absolutely no marbles has been, unsurprisingly, the Mariners. That was until this weekend's Indians/Phillies series.

Omar here thought about taking it, but started carrying on with a bunch of demands: no Indians logos, no one peeing on a phillies logo, no pictures of omar in a bikini unless his legs were shaved, and on and on.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know I've been drumming up avi bets for the Indians' series so far. Well, to date, the only fanbase with absolutely no marbles has been, unsurprisingly, the Mariners. That was until this weekend's Indians/Phillies series.

Omar here thought about taking it, but started carrying on with a bunch of demands: no Indians logos, no one peeing on a phillies logo, no pictures of omar in a bikini unless his legs were shaved, and on and on.
actually bikini was never mentioned

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so you'd do it w/ a Speedo on?

Let's make this happen
Sure. That's not disrespecting Philadelphia. If the Indians take 2 of 3, I will post a picture of my 250 pound ugly self in a speedo with no shirt on on Sunday evening. It will be my avatar. Do we have a deal @SlinkyRedfoot