• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.17 Winn @ Fish

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always weird when there's a 9:10AM start time but a win is a win!

Feels like the script is starting to form, very pitching heavy team this year. Has worked for us in the past.
We can only hope! TZ approved game for sure.

Nice to see Lee, Soler and Chappy productive. Fitz continues to impress.

GREAT start for Winn; looked like he could have gone another inning or two.
Miller and Doval were excellent. Tyler was an adventure.

I think I'm going to go tomorrow night vs. the Snakes. Spider game. Hopefully Snellzilla gets it together on Friday and then we have Harry and Hicks over the weekend.

I'm feeling kinda optimistic. Seems like the rotation is without #weaklink (assuming Snellzilla rounds into form). And Cobb isn't even back yet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm going to go tomorrow night vs. the Snakes. Spider game. Hopefully Snellzilla gets it together on Friday and then we have Harry and Hicks over the weekend.

I'm feeling kinda optimistic. Seems like the rotation is without #weaklink (assuming Snellzilla rounds into form). And Cobb isn't even back yet.
For sure the starting pitching should be the strength, and the pen can still get their act together (Doval and Rogers have been much better lately)

Just not going to score a ton it looks like.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which brings up a good question, assuming no one needs to go to the IL at that time, where does Cobb fit in the rotation when he is ready?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which brings up a good question, assuming no one needs to go to the IL at that time, where does Cobb fit in the rotation when he is ready?
I would like to give Harrison and Hicks lots of rest. And Winn probably will be the first out, which is fine. Either make him the long man, or keep him starting in Sacto.

I prefer to have TOO MUCH of something than not enough.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He takes Winn's spot and then is used as a late season trade piece to solidify the playoff run once they determine that Ray is fully back from the TJ surgery

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone will need a breather.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2012 Giants say :wave:
Only two times someone besides the regular five (Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito and Lincecum) didn't start was April 27th and Sept 23rd.

And before tzill responds, yes, I realize that this was an anomaly. Point still stands, it can still happen, just slightly higher than the never level.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two times someone besides the regular five (Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito and Lincecum) didn't start was April 27th and Sept 23rd.

And before tzill responds, yes, I realize that this was an anomaly. Point still stands, it can still happen, just slightly higher than the never level.
You've got to ask yourself: Does a rotation of Webb/Snell/Harrison/Hicks/Winn look like a rotation that will make 95% of its starts?

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to ask yourself: Does a rotation of Webb/Snell/Harrison/Hicks/Winn look like a rotation that will make 95% of its starts?
Nope. I'm hoping Ray will take at least one of those spots