• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/17 Thread

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGehee is not right. Baggs and Pavlovic commented on that tonight. He should go on the DL until he is 100%, not the 75% he is playing at now.

Hacktor doesn't seem to be right, either.

Why not bring up Susac and Duvall? (sigh)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For arguments sake, let's say this is a "rebuilding year".

Who can we deal that may bring back SOMETHING of value?

Pence, Posey and Bum are untouchable. So do we deal Aoki or Pagan? If they stay healthy, they certainly could bring something back. Crawford? Would he actually have the same value for another club that he has for us with his back-story? Belt? If we are out of it, it is likely because he still has not arrived. Panik? A young starting 2B. Isn't that the kind of piece you want to acquire in a rebuild? None of the core four would be able to get much at this point.

Maybe we can get small pieces for Blanco, Arias or Sanchez, but I don't think they would bring anything of any real value.

I think the value we would gain by selling is improving our draft position. I think there is real value this year in getting a protected pick, but we should have $$ available to go for QO guys, and I would hate to end up with the #12 pick and have to forfeit it when we sign a big FA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGehee is not right. Baggs and Pavlovic commented on that tonight. He should go on the DL until he is 100%, not the 75% he is playing at now.

Hacktor doesn't seem to be right, either.

Why not bring up Susac and Duvall? (sigh)
I would love for Susac to be called up in time for the ceremony tomorrow. He deserves to be there.

But realistically, I do not expect any changes until Monday at the earliest. I don't think the Giants want to distract from the ceremony itself (too late?)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough night for the Baby Giants.

Sacramento won, but Richmond, San Jose and Augusta all lost.

Susac (.350) and Duvall (.417) with big nights for the Rivercats. (Man, after so many years as the Grizzlies, how weird is that?) Cody Hall with three shutout innings in relief of Dunning.

Kelby Tomlinson was 3-4 with a steal for Richmond. The Reading team's Roman Quinn (who impressed me at the Arizona Fall League) was 2-4 with three steals (making 7 total on the season) and is hitting a mere .481.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough night for the Baby Giants.

Sacramento won, but Richmond, San Jose and Augusta all lost.

Susac (.350) and Duvall (.417) with big nights for the Rivercats. (Man, after so many years as the Grizzlies, how weird is that?) Cody Hall with three shutout innings in relief of Dunning.

Kelby Tomlinson was 3-4 with a steal for Richmond. The Reading team's Roman Quinn (who impressed me at the Arizona Fall League) was 2-4 with three steals (making 7 total on the season) and is hitting a mere .481.
I still find myself referring to our AAA team as the Firebirds on occasion...