• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 for 30 tonight

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great doc, but crap man this may have been the toughest 30 for 30 for me to stomache. Tough to watch to be honest, just extremely sad.

So sad, b/c these kids weren't urban ghetto kids. They were from middle class families who were raised the right way by their parents; they just made some awful individual decisions b/c they thought they could get away with anything b/c they were so spoiled by the community. They robbed for fun and just to have money to play dice; not one of them ever had any intention to kill or harm anybody. I remember this like it happened yesterday. I even attended a couple of football camps with some of the players (none that went to jail), but with Robert Hall (QB) and Clifton Abraham (DB). I had the pleasure of watching this team play at Texas Stadium when I was a freshman in high school and to this day, I still have not seen a single high school team with that much talent. The closest would have been Southlake Carroll high school from '05-'07 when that team had Greg McElroy, Chase Daniel, Scott Chandler, Garrett Hartley and one other dude who is still a deep snapper in the NFL.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really bothered me about the program was watching a bunch of guys still being castigated for something that happened 30 years ago. Some high school kids messed up bad, they did their time, they have kept their noses clean and they still are tainted? Way too many people in this world who profess to be so damn religious talk a good game about redemption, forgiveness, salvation, etc. but don't practice it in their own lives. I wish there was a law that said anyone who has been absolutely clean for 15 years past the end of their conviction, incarceration and paper would have the onus of a felony conviction removed from their record with all their civil right reinstated. The few exceptions should be murder, pedophilia, forcible r*pe and serious drug trafficking crimes. Hell, the Chinese have something like this and it saves a lot of people from having a once-in-a-lifetime mistake ruin the rest of their lives.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad, b/c these kids weren't urban ghetto kids. They were from middle class families who were raised the right way by their parents; they just made some awful individual decisions b/c they thought they could get away with anything b/c they were so spoiled by the community. They robbed for fun and just to have money to play dice; not one of them ever had any intention to kill or harm anybody. I remember this like it happened yesterday. I even attended a couple of football camps with some of the players (none that went to jail), but with Robert Hall (QB) and Clifton Abraham (DB). I had the pleasure of watching this team play at Texas Stadium when I was a freshman in high school and to this day, I still have not seen a single high school team with that much talent. The closest would have been Southlake Carroll high school from '05-'07 when that team had Greg McElroy, Chase Daniel, Scott Chandler, Garrett Hartley and one other dude who is still a deep snapper in the NFL.

Bingo! A perfect example of how superstar athlete entitlement syndrome fucked some kids lives up!

I'm not a big fan of blaming person a for person b's fuckups but that is definitely a case that can be made where a school district and community helped some high school kids develop a Superman mentality where they honestly believed they were untouchable.

Friday Night Lights, the book, even describes one of the kids talking to a college recruiter as he was appearing in court, thinking nothing would come of it.

That is how entitled and out of touch with reality those football players were.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grip it and rip it! I loved the Daly one. It's about a year old.
Grip it and sip it to man. What a turn around. His ex wife though. my gawd!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it on replay. What a great 30 for 30.