• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be fun watching the Warriors in the underdog role. I know Vegas has the Warriors as the favorite, but most of the pundits seem to be picking the Celtics.
They aren’t underdogs in any way. People are picking them bc they want to see a new champion, these experts just try to get attention

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t underdogs in any way. People are picking them bc they want to see a new champion, these experts just try to get attention
I don’t know. I picked the Warriors in 7 but the Celtics are battle tested in a way the Warriors haven’t been pushed. Of course their core 3 of Steph Dray and Klay have been through the wars and that counts. But this group hasn’t really been tested at all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. I picked the Warriors in 7 but the Celtics are battle tested in a way the Warriors haven’t been pushed. Of course their core 3 of Steph Dray and Klay have been through the wars and that counts. But this group hasn’t really been tested at all.
Agree but they are still favs based on experience. They have played two teams where their stars were injured and one team that a star and role players. The road has been somewhat easy but this is the first trip for this C’s team. I dont expect it to be easy.

I’ll take W’s in 6 but hope I am wrong

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but they are still favs based on experience. They have played two teams where their stars were injured and one team that a star and role players. The road has been somewhat easy but this is the first trip for this C’s team. I dont expect it to be easy.

I’ll take W’s in 6 but hope I am wrong
I hope you’re right. There isn’t a worse sports fan in all the world than the Mass Hole. They shouldn’t have nice things. Bill Simmons is a cvnt when he has nothing to puff his chest about. Another Celtics title? Jesus Christ

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the Celtics as all that battle tested.

I'm not sure they beat the Bucks if Middleton plays and they damn near lost to a Heat team that was beat to shit, was missing it's 2nd best offensive player and had nothing left in the tank.

They have a bit of a last years Suns feel to me.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure they beat the Bucks if Middleton plays and they damn near lost to a Heat team that was beat to shit, was missing it's 2nd best offensive player and had nothing left in the tank.

Fair points. But it leans on a ton of shoulda coulda woulda. The reality is that the Celtics have had a tough path and they’ve been challenged all along the way. As much as they have struggled to defend home court, they’ve won big games on the road. I think the Celtics show and I think they bring the best defensive system the Warriors have seen in the playoffs so far.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, both teams are worthy champions. Both teams have faced easier roads than they could have with stars on opposing teams being out or limited.

But we have been saying for a long time now…

There is more parity than ever this season.

Whoever made it to the end was going to have faced an “easy path” because there aren’t any great teams this season.

Just a lot of really good ones.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics have knocked KD/Kyrie, Giannis & Jimmy Buckets outta the playoffs. They've won two game sevens, one on the road where they led wire to wire. That's not battle tested?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics have knocked KD/Kyrie, Giannis & Jimmy Buckets outta the playoffs. They've won two game sevens, one on the road where they led wire to wire. That's not battle tested?

When both teams they beat weren't healthy...no. Not really.

The fact that they got taken to the brink by 2 teams that weren't as healthy, tells me that they likely lose those series if the Bucks or Heat are healthy.

Folks were crowning the Suns last year...then they played a healthy Bucks team in the finals.

Not saying that the Celtics didn't have their own issues, but they were definitely healthier than the Bucks or Heat. Unless something happens before the series starts or early in the series, they won't have that advantage against the Warriors.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When both teams they beat weren't healthy...no. Not really.

The fact that they got taken to the brink by 2 teams that weren't as healthy, tells me that they likely lose those series if the Bucks or Heat are healthy.

Folks were crowning the Suns last year...then they played a healthy Bucks team in the finals.

Not saying that the Celtics didn't have their own issues, but they were definitely healthier than the Bucks or Heat. Unless something happens before the series starts or early in the series, they won't have that advantage against the Warriors.
A great team dont get pushed to 7 in either series due to the injury situations Milwaukee and Miami dealt with

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are part of the game... no one shed a tear for the Celtics when injuries wrecked their seasons the past few years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. But it leans on a ton of shoulda coulda woulda. The reality is that the Celtics have had a tough path and they’ve been challenged all along the way. As much as they have struggled to defend home court, they’ve won big games on the road. I think the Celtics show and I think they bring the best defensive system the Warriors have seen in the playoffs so far.

They are definitely going to be the best defensive team the Warriors have faced...but the Warriors are going to be easily the best offensive team that the Celtics have faced.

Imo, there's a fairly significantly bigger gap between the Warriors and Celtics offenses than between the defenses.

As good as Tatum is, he will have to be the best player in the series by a decent margin for the Celtics to win and I don't think he will be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are part of the game... no one shed a tear for the Celtics when injuries wrecked their seasons the past few years.

And no one is shedding a tear over the Bucks and Heat. The NBA has always been a war of attrition.

Folks are just pointing out the Celtics aren't quite as battle tested as some claim.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great team dont get pushed to 7 in either series due to the injury situations Milwaukee and Miami dealt with

Yeah, winning 2 game 7s is good. But not as good if the series shouldn't have gone 7.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one is shedding a tear over the Bucks and Heat. The NBA has always been a war of attrition.

Folks are just pointing out the Celtics aren't quite as battle tested as some claim.
Anyone who watched the games and is honest saw that Milwaukee and Miami had plenty of punch.

Just because they weren't at full health doesn't mean they weren't legitimate battles.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lady says Dubs in 4...

Get out the brooms...:D

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watched the games and is honest saw that Milwaukee and Miami had plenty of punch.

Just because they weren't at full health doesn't mean they weren't legitimate battles.

C'mon man, the point is that they shouldn't have been such battles.

Even if the Heat were at full strength, the Celtics were the more talented team. They should have been able to take the Heat in 6 games max.