• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 Vets Restructure Deal

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have worried me more before Baalke, Paraag Marathe. They are geniuses in the Front Office

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bothers me. If Kaepernick wins the SB, he's gonna get an enormous, long-term contract. I don't like restructuring vet's to lock up an ILB long-term when they already have Willis making a ton.

IF and its still possible to structure Kaep's potential future contract so that its cap friendly. Cutting Alex Smith by April 1 will also create some more $ for next year.

I know P-Willie is making lots of cash at ILB, but I'd rather lock Bowman up and keep the NFL's best LB core intact for the near future. Plus I don't want to change my avatar :)

Baalke and Co. have shown to be very good at making the structures of contracts work.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF and its still possible to structure Kaep's potential future contract so that its cap friendly. Cutting Alex Smith by April 1 will also create some more $ for next year.

I know P-Willie is making lots of cash at ILB, but I'd rather lock Bowman up and keep the NFL's best LB core intact for the near future. Plus I don't want to change my avatar :)

Baalke and Co. have shown to be very good at making the structures of contracts work.

remember Willis's contract is also heavily front loaded so that will also open up some funds as the years pass.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bothers me. If Kaepernick wins the SB, he's gonna get an enormous, long-term contract. I don't like restructuring vet's to lock up an ILB long-term when they already have Willis making a ton.

IDK about that... Kaep is still on his rookie deal, depends on how he performs and not because he's the SuperBowl winning quarterback.

Todays' payout shouldn't hurt us in retaining Kaep in the future. AND above everything else, Harbaugh is proving he knows to find QBs and make them into winners...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was only 1.5 mil so it doesn't look like it will have much impact on the future.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually Aldon Smith will get his pay, along with a certain LG and perhaps RT too....

We'll find a way to retain them all. I mean Willis is front loaded, Justin Smith may retire in 2-3 years. Our CBs aren't making super cash, maybe Goldson if we retain him. Crabtree will get a modest pay but nothing top 5, Gore is already paid(no new BIG contract in his future), by the time Willis, Davis, Staley' current deals are done, they'll get resigned but not at mega millions.

Props to McDonald, Davis and Rogers for getting this done. Teamwork!