• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise and I think Deng/Winslow can make it difficult for him
Careful on what you two really want. Having the best player in a 7 game series is a huge advantage. We play Toronto, I believe we have the best player. Not if we play Indiana.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful on what you two really want. Having the best player in a 7 game series is a huge advantage. We play Toronto, I believe we have the best player. Not if we play Indiana.

If we had HC over either, then I'd rather play Toronto.
Being as though we don't, I'd still choose the Pacers.
We play 1000% better at home most nights.
I'll take the extra game here, assuming there is a 7th.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to see Drake on a regular basis...no thanks. I'll take Indiana.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn anyway, I screwed that one up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Le Batard:

"This is complicated and it’s not great. They are not in agreement here. The two sides—This runs the risk of getting problematic here at a bad time, because Chris Bosh wants on the court… It’s obvious that Chris Bosh wants on the court and that he’s pressuring the organization…and that his wife is pressuring the organization. They were wearing the #BringBoshBack shirts (Sunday). There is a tension happening."

“I don’t know exactly what to believe here, OK, but I do trust the organization and I trust the people in the organization who tell me things because I’ve never been lied to by them about much of anything. They’re telling me that they’re protecting him from him, but he doesn’t feel any symptoms. This doesn’t feel like the last time. All the doctors the Heat are talking to are saying, and they’re the foremost authorities on this stuff, ‘Hey, a second recurrence of a blood clot situation could be catastrophic, where you’ve got a death on the court.’”

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Le Batard:

"This is complicated and it’s not great. They are not in agreement here. The two sides—This runs the risk of getting problematic here at a bad time, because Chris Bosh wants on the court… It’s obvious that Chris Bosh wants on the court and that he’s pressuring the organization…and that his wife is pressuring the organization. They were wearing the #BringBoshBack shirts (Sunday). There is a tension happening."

“I don’t know exactly what to believe here, OK, but I do trust the organization and I trust the people in the organization who tell me things because I’ve never been lied to by them about much of anything. They’re telling me that they’re protecting him from him, but he doesn’t feel any symptoms. This doesn’t feel like the last time. All the doctors the Heat are talking to are saying, and they’re the foremost authorities on this stuff, ‘Hey, a second recurrence of a blood clot situation could be catastrophic, where you’ve got a death on the court.’”

I can really see both sides here. It's truly a catch-22 for Miami. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The only way this situation is close to plausible for a Bosh return would be reliant upon two things: 1) clear go-ahead from doctors, multiple affirmations from both team doctors and outside opinions. 2) Bosh signing a waiver agreeing that he's participating of his own free will and will accept any circumstances that come from playing.

Another large hurdle will be the Players Association. They will need to have input on this as well for the well being of the player being at risk.

With all the NFL stuff being in the news and relating to players health, these issues have to be treated with the utmost priority.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second recurrence of a blood clot is a HUGE warning sign. He could die. Dead on the court. Waiver be damned. Bosh needs to be protected from himself. You may find a doctor here or there to say go ahead. But the vast majorities of doctors are against this. I do a lot of CT scans on patients with a history PEs. These can be ticking time bombs. Miami cannot risk this. Heat doctors are not going to clear him this season, they may not clear him ever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Le Batard:

Sometimes, the hardest thing a team has to do is to protect a player from himself. Obviously, it was never potentially life threatening like Bosh, but I sometimes wonder what the last few years of Kobe's career may have looked like if the Lakers had protected him from himself at times during his career.

A player wants to play, so you can't blame Bosh for that. In fact, I commend him for that. I also commend the Heat. I have no doubt that they want him to play too. A healthy Bosh significantly increases their chances of getting out of the East.

But the Heat are taking the "some things are more important than basketball" approach and being very cautious with him. Good on them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.
Like I said, you have no clue.
Over the years, Riley has proved he can put together rosters.
That's why I'll continue to say wait and see.
I'll remind you again though, that he convinced our Big 3 that winning came first and to succeed, sacrifice was needed. All 3 signed at a discount.
I know it's the opposite for Gilbert , and that's why he's forced to overpay so many players to keep James happy.

And of course if Bosh can't play , its going to be a huge setback, capwise, but it's 1 season and nobody's fault
Im waiting and seeing bro...lets see what your "genius" can do.