• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 huge flaws

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sturgis probably would have fucking missed it. And then you'd complain that Doug sent an injured kicker out there to fail.

Correct! Sturgis was injured, and is out for several weeks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug haters are crazy in their heads. If you know any watch them closely for dangerous behavior.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug haters are crazy in their heads. If you know any watch them closely for dangerous behavior.

I wasn't thrilled with the play calling yesterday but it wasn't the worst in the world. For a team with 4 new starters on offense (plus Vaitai playing significant time in place of Peters), I think you've got to be content with how things went. The team obviously needs to work on some things but there are a lot of positives to take out of the game.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I addressed that. Sturgis was injured, and couldn't kick a 23 yard extra point at that stage. He even had a very short kickoff after that, if you remember.

I said this on the game thread post.

But he can kick a 50 yard FG????

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

almost as crazy... as Ertz haters, huh???

Ertz is a great receiver for Wentz. You keep wanting to get rid of him because he doesn't live up to your expectations of where he was drafted.

You need to get off Ertz nuts and give him some credit.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense played really well for the most part. Great pressure and finally turned some of that pressure into sacks and turnovers - even a score! That is what we were missing last year. The CB are definitely better than last year. The lost of Darby is HUGE! But thank goodness it's only 4-6 weeks. Qb's with more time will carve us up tho. Lets hope the front can keep that pressure on. If so, we will be ok.

On offense - it starts with playcalling and Wentz. Playcalling was definitely not the best. We were PREDICTABLE, and that is a problem. We relied on the pass too much. I love Sproles, and he still has so much shiftiness in him. Bount needs to be used more for what his skillset is. The backwards pass should never be called again. Can't agree more. Jeffrey needs to be targeted more also. Every pass to ERtz is flawless - keep that going. Wentz is truly up and down. He is both amazing, and horrible without much in between. I really thought his strength would be downfield. He underthrew guys 3 or 4 times for huge plays, several that could have been TD's. He only overthrew 1..and honestly, right now, I'd rather see more overthrows. Less probability of an INT, and will learn more of the speed of his WR's. This is an area that must improve. Wentz only seems "in sync" with Ertz. I don't think Jeffrey was utilized nearly enough. It's a shame he didn't come down with the long underthrows pass, but he showed great physical play to ensure the defender didn't come down with it - he seemed to wrestle it away, and only lost it when he hit the ground. He will get some of those. But if it were throws further, he wouldn't have had to fight that hard. Wentz is all over the place right now. That said, it's week 1.

The OL is "NOT" the best in the NFL or anywhere close. If so, we should be running Blount straight up with more success. The pressure Wentz gets up the middle is ridiculous. Some of that is smallwoods inability to pickup a block, and the other is Kelce making poor blocking decisions. He is helping to double team a block, while leaving someone else to come in completly untouched. I've said the delay blitz up the middle is a huge problem for us, and it continues to be. Wentz was under entirely too much pressure imho.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost as crazy... as Ertz haters, huh???

Ertz is a great receiver for Wentz. You keep wanting to get rid of him because he doesn't live up to your expectations of where he was drafted.

You need to get off Ertz nuts and give him some credit.

He could have a great year. It takes a TE a lot of time to develop. Still can't block, but without Matthews he'll run all the routes we need in that part of the field. Finally having the same QB on both ends of an offseason is paying off too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense played really well for the most part. Great pressure and finally turned some of that pressure into sacks and turnovers - even a score! That is what we were missing last year. The CB are definitely better than last year. The lost of Darby is HUGE! But thank goodness it's only 4-6 weeks. Qb's with more time will carve us up tho. Lets hope the front can keep that pressure on. If so, we will be ok.

On offense - it starts with playcalling and Wentz. Playcalling was definitely not the best. We were PREDICTABLE, and that is a problem. We relied on the pass too much. I love Sproles, and he still has so much shiftiness in him. Bount needs to be used more for what his skillset is. The backwards pass should never be called again. Can't agree more. Jeffrey needs to be targeted more also. Every pass to ERtz is flawless - keep that going. Wentz is truly up and down. He is both amazing, and horrible without much in between. I really thought his strength would be downfield. He underthrew guys 3 or 4 times for huge plays, several that could have been TD's. He only overthrew 1..and honestly, right now, I'd rather see more overthrows. Less probability of an INT, and will learn more of the speed of his WR's. This is an area that must improve. Wentz only seems "in sync" with Ertz. I don't think Jeffrey was utilized nearly enough. It's a shame he didn't come down with the long underthrows pass, but he showed great physical play to ensure the defender didn't come down with it - he seemed to wrestle it away, and only lost it when he hit the ground. He will get some of those. But if it were throws further, he wouldn't have had to fight that hard. Wentz is all over the place right now. That said, it's week 1.

The OL is "NOT" the best in the NFL or anywhere close. If so, we should be running Blount straight up with more success. The pressure Wentz gets up the middle is ridiculous. Some of that is smallwoods inability to pickup a block, and the other is Kelce making poor blocking decisions. He is helping to double team a block, while leaving someone else to come in completly untouched. I've said the delay blitz up the middle is a huge problem for us, and it continues to be. Wentz was under entirely too much pressure imho.

I swear you are looking for things just to nitpick on Wentz. Anyone that thinks he did not play well Sunday probably will never like him.

1. I watched a lot of the games on Sunday thanks and almost all QB's were bad at times. Tom Brady was just bad against the Chiefs in the second half IMO. At times Aaron Rodgers was brutal....missing wide open receivers as well. Dak Prescott should have had a brilliant game but he missed a good number of open receivers. Russell Wilson.....same thing. What does all of this mean? The really short pre-season is affecting QB's getting in sync. Carson Wentz is in the top 10 in every major passing category after week 1. Yet you are finding reasons to complain? unebelieveable.

2. How many games did Ashlon Jeffrey play during the pre-season? I think it was only one and minimal at that. IIRC his practices were minimal as well. In order to get into sync with receivers they actually have to pay together. You know this because it was something you mentioned often in the past yet after week one you seem to be highly critical of Wentz not targeting him enough. You harp on the underthrown balls to Jeffery but did not mention Jeffrey's drops. I agree that he needs to be targeted more but did you take into account that his being on the field opened up things for other players to contribute? They will get in sync.....he will get more balls as they get used to playing with each other.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear you are looking for things just to nitpick on Wentz. Anyone that thinks he did not play well Sunday probably will never like him.

Actually I'm a HUGE Wentz supporter and have been. I've been on record as saying I love his work ethic, think he will be the best QB we have EVER had.

That said, I'm going to say when he does well and when he does poorly. I said he looked hot and cold. He did some great things, and he did some poor. He hit Ertz every time, perfectly placed balls. He got out of pressure very well and kept his eyes up field. And he also underthrew every long ball but 1, and he threw most of the shorter passes too high. Do you honestly dispute that???

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.....he injured himself after he kicked the 50 yard FG. I swear you are just looking for shit to complain about.

It was said... that he missed the PAT (2pt conversion) because he was injured.

Didn't that come "BEFORE" the 50 yard FG????

So, if he injured himself on the 50 yard kick, how did that come into the reason for not going for the PAT, which was before hand???

Your just labeling things as complaining, which are not. This just doesn't make any sense.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with your assessment here overall.

On offense - it starts with playcalling and Wentz. Playcalling was definitely not the best. We were PREDICTABLE, and that is a problem. We relied on the pass too much. I love Sproles, and he still has so much shiftiness in him. Bount needs to be used more for what his skillset is. The backwards pass should never be called again. Can't agree more.

And this is where I start to disagree with you, massaively.

Many of the plays you guys cry about were there, and the call of the play was correct, the execution was not. On the backwards pass, on the 'should-have-been-TD' and even on the bubble screen.

Eagles Film Review: Getting the ball to Nelson Agholor in space

Smith's atrocious blocking screwed up two, Wentz sailing passes blew them as well. And the backwards pass should never have been backwards at all (Agholor ran the route too deep).

And mind you, many of the more successful plays feed of the non-successful plays (see the 'should-have-been-TD' that is a direct counter to the Agholor jet-sweep)

Jeffrey needs to be targeted more also.

Funny how you call for plays that were never there (Jeffrey being covered) and yell about plays that were there, but went wrong due to lack of execution (and not being the wrong call).

Washington targeted Smith and Jeffery as players that ought not to beat them, freeing up Agholor.

Every pass to ERtz is flawless - keep that going. Wentz is truly up and down. He is both amazing, and horrible without much in between. I really thought his strength would be downfield. He underthrew guys 3 or 4 times for huge plays, several that could have been TD's. He only overthrew 1..and honestly, right now, I'd rather see more overthrows. Less probability of an INT, and will learn more of the speed of his WR's. This is an area that must improve. Wentz only seems "in sync" with Ertz. I don't think Jeffrey was utilized nearly enough. It's a shame he didn't come down with the long underthrows pass, but he showed great physical play to ensure the defender didn't come down with it - he seemed to wrestle it away, and only lost it when he hit the ground. He will get some of those. But if it were throws further, he wouldn't have had to fight that hard. Wentz is all over the place right now. That said, it's week 1.

Again, Jeffery was coverd heavily by Washington, often double coverage. Some of the throws were bad luck (foot slipping).

Smallwood's blocking is a problem. Not sure how much Washington blitzed (some said a lot). Note also that Blount came close to breaking a good number of big runs (shoe-string tackles, diving tackles and so on). Kelce was not that big of a problem at all - on some it was clearly someone else's responsibility to pick up the rusher. The left side was not good, so were others. Blockers were atrocious at picking up stunts[/URL].

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And mind you, many of the more successful plays feed of the non-successful plays (see the 'should-have-been-TD' that is a direct counter to the Agholor jet-sweep)

Some of the more whiny and degenerate fans will never understand this.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21743176_1744140062558998_4483749321081738852_n.jpg

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes! And he is our CB!

Of course Mills was targeted a lot (15+ times or so), regularly playing off (to the sticks, in 3rd and 2nd and long situations). Yards are in many ways a useless statistic for these kinds of things.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'm a HUGE Wentz supporter and have been. I've been on record as saying I love his work ethic, think he will be the best QB we have EVER had.

That said, I'm going to say when he does well and when he does poorly. I said he looked hot and cold. He did some great things, and he did some poor. He hit Ertz every time, perfectly placed balls. He got out of pressure very well and kept his eyes up field. And he also underthrew every long ball but 1, and he threw most of the shorter passes too high. Do you honestly dispute that???

Your argument is ridiculous and I call bullshit on your being a big Wentz supporter. you complain too much focusing on everthing he does wrong. I reread your post and it is nothing but complaints. Sure you mentioned some of the things he did well but you make a huge deal about the things you did not like. You said he is amazing and horrible without anythig in between. That makes zero sense because I actually watched the game. Wentz was 26 for for 39. Off the top of my head I can remember 4 drops so I am looking at 9 passes out of 39 that were poor throws and by my calculation that is 23%. That means 77% of them were good throws....not perfect.....good. There were some really perfect throws but all of them were not that way. A QB is going to have a handful of them in a game but the job of the QB is to put the ball where a receiver can make a play.

No.....he did not throw most of the shorter passes too high. WTF.....are you expecting every pass to be perfect? IMO a pass is only too high if the receiver has to jump up to catch it. If he can reach for it without having to stretch too far it is a good pass. No QB is pinpoit accurate hitting the bullseye every time. No QB in the NFL has ever been able to perform at that level.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is ridiculous and I call bullshit on your being a big Wentz supporter. you complain too much focusing on everthing he does wrong. I reread your post and it is nothing but complaints. Sure you mentioned some of the things he did well but you make a huge deal about the things you did not like. You said he is amazing and horrible without anythig in between. That makes zero sense because I actually watched the game. Wentz was 26 for for 39. Off the top of my head I can remember 4 drops so I am looking at 9 passes out of 39 that were poor throws and by my calculation that is 23%. That means 77% of them were good throws....not perfect.....good. There were some really perfect throws but all of them were not that way. A QB is going to have a handful of them in a game but the job of the QB is to put the ball where a receiver can make a play.

No.....he did not throw most of the shorter passes too high. WTF.....are you expecting every pass to be perfect? IMO a pass is only too high if the receiver has to jump up to catch it. If he can reach for it without having to stretch too far it is a good pass. No QB is pinpoit accurate hitting the bullseye every time. No QB in the NFL has ever been able to perform at that level.

What four drops? I am just wondering... some of the passes by Wentz were simply plain bad - including three of them to Agholor (the fumble, the 'should have been a TD' and one over the middle), IIRC he also had one into double coverage (dropped/broken up INT).

Wentz did plenty good, and also did plenty wrong. Thing is, he did enough to win, especially in the end. And that is what is a difference (to some extent) last year. Some of that I consider a serious issue (the three passes to Agholor), some of it rust/bad luck (two deep balls to Smith).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What four drops? I am just wondering... some of the passes by Wentz were simply plain bad - including three of them to Agholor (the fumble, the 'should have been a TD' and one over the middle), IIRC he also had one into double coverage (dropped/broken up INT).

I can remember 3 now....2 by Jeffery and one by Smith....I remember them clearly after the game...today not so much.

Wentz did plenty good, and also did plenty wrong. Thing is, he did enough to win, especially in the end. And that is what is a difference (to some extent) last year. Some of that I consider a serious issue (the three passes to Agholor), some of it rust/bad luck (two deep balls to Smith).

I am not saying that Wentz did not do things that were wrong. My thing is that some are saying he did a lot wrong and I was merely pointing out that he did more good than bad. Being top 10 in every major category is not indicitive of a QB that did a lot of things bad.