• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3 game set against the Cards

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously great winning 2/3, but this team simply can't sweep anyone.

That makes it 5-2 over the last week, which is very good. Interestingly, both of the losses are the kind of games where almost everyone underperformed:

* 8/6: While it was certainly a bad start for Chen, we would still have lost even if he had only given up one run... simply because no one was hitting.

* Today: Gausman wasn't the only one who pitched badly... and our hitting with RISP was absymal.

I think anyone would rather take an occasional blowout loss alongside several close wins if the alternative is multiple close losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's looking like a very wise decision not to give Davis a long-term extension after last season. That'd be another bloated contract for a guy that's not performing well this year if we had done that.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's looking like a very wise decision not to give Davis a long-term extension after last season. That'd be another bloated contract for a guy that's not performing well this year if we had done that.
it begs the question if we should let davis and matt walk or trade them next year ?

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it begs the question if we should let davis and matt walk or trade them next year ?

Well Davis or Matt wouldn't sign anything this offseason since Davis is having a awful year and Matt being injured. It looks like they'll have to wait till midseason or end of next season to resign them.

Don't know how much we would get in return for a trade either. Will a team give up a top prospect for Davis who's hitting below .200 and a free agent at the end of next year.

I guess we have to hope they both have good years next year and trade by the deadline if were out of contention.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be open to trading both if we got some good pieces in return. I just wish the FO knew that Davis would be this awful because we could've gotten a great haul for him this past offseason. As for Wieters, he'd be the one as of right now that I'd rather keep. It looked like he was finally starting to figure it out at the plate before the injury. But I still think he would probably bring back a lot more than Davis will at this point.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i'm the manager matty is back up catcher and dh ! caleb has taken the job with his work behind the plate his hitting will come . just look at his numbers at aa .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i'm the manager matty is back up catcher and dh ! caleb has taken the job with his work behind the plate his hitting will come . just look at his numbers at aa .

So you wouldn't try to re-sign Cruz again this offseason then or would you try and have him continue in LF?

thing is they are 18 million and nick will be 17 million . Baltimore Orioles 2014 Player Salaries and Team Payroll - ESPN

Nick is a player I'd like to keep but I don't feel he is worth $17 million at all. I hope that some type of deal can be worked out. I think he works great as a #2 hitter. I really wish we could find that prototypical leadoff guy that can get on base and has some good speed to boot.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wouldn't try to re-sign Cruz again this offseason then or would you try and have him continue in LF?

Nick is a player I'd like to keep but I don't feel he is worth $17 million at all. I hope that some type of deal can be worked out. I think he works great as a #2 hitter. I really wish we could find that prototypical leadoff guy that can get on base and has some good speed to boot.
cruz has done well in lf . with uuuu and alvarez ? o's like both and yaz and davis at aa . i can see jones moving to lf with those 2 on the way .