• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3/27 GDT A'ss @ Huddy

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First this:

Then this:

Pagan CF
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Posey C
Sandoval 3B
Morse LF
Crawford SS
Arias 2B
Hudson RHP

Looks a lot like the opening day 1-8

Screw those A'ss clowns. 5-2 good guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think of that video. ;)

Nice to see the boys playing at home again. Pence batting second? Hmm...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be able to stomach an entire season of watching Morse play LF.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be able to stomach an entire season of watching Morse play LF.

Holy shit is this accurate... :puke:

This is me, watching tonight, literally: :L (yes I said it, cal)

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Wow the Morse butcher shop is open for business out in LF. Coming to AT&T is the Morse cleaver night to the first 40,000 fans. Left field is a tough place to play here in SF so you have to give him a little time to get used to it but wow that was ugly.

I hope the Giants can get the bats going soon or I am afraid Torture is back.

Sandoval did hit a long drive to right center 418 feet but just came up short of a 3 run HR by about 2 feet.

The good news is this game did not count .

Happy Birthday goes out to Buster Posey.

Go Giants !!

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats actually the proper use of the word (if you were actually face-palming during the game).

I wanted to be wrong about Morse SOOOOO bad. But alas...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Wow the Morse butcher shop is open for business out in LF. Coming to AT&T is the Morse cleaver night to the first 40,000 fans. Left field is a tough place to play here in SF so you have to give him a little time to get used to it but wow that was ugly.

I hope the Giants can get the bats going soon or I am afraid Torture is back.

Sandoval did hit a long drive to right center 418 feet but just came up short of a 3 run HR by about 2 feet.

The good news is this game did not count .

Happy Birthday goes out to Buster Posey.

Go Giants !!

:suds:

Please explain to me how AT&T affected that play. Would that have been different if it were at Turner field, Minute Maid or Safeco?

Sorry. That was ALL Morse.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stomached Burrell for 3/4 of a season, hell we saw Burrell AND Huff in the OF a few times. I think we'll be fine with Morse. Tonight was bad, but it was his first crack at it in the Bay. Hope he gets more reps the next 2 days... and that the ball doesn't go his way often when the regular season starts.

As long as he keeps the ball in front of him, which is what Bonds did so well in his late years, he'll be fine. Blanco and Perez will be there to clean up late.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pavlovic:

Morse is not known as a great outfielder, but he’s not exactly regarded as a butcher, either. He’s made three errors in nine years playing the outfield for Washington and Seattle, and while errors aren’t a strong defensive indicator for outfielders, it’s hard to see how Morse will be any worse than late-era Barry Bonds or Pat Burrell.

If he hits, we'll be OK.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pavlovic:

Morse is not known as a great outfielder, but he’s not exactly regarded as a butcher, either. He’s made three errors in nine years playing the outfield for Washington and Seattle, and while errors aren’t a strong defensive indicator for outfielders, it’s hard to see how Morse will be any worse than late-era Barry Bonds or Pat Burrell.

If he hits, we'll be OK.

Probably so, but you of all people tzill should be puking a bit having to watch him play the outfield. You of the passion for defense and 2-1 well-played losses over 10-8 'shitshow' wins.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally. I was in 129 row 1 so I saw it up close and way personal. The first one was bad but the second one was unreal. After the initial :L , I had to laugh, it was that bad. I know he's not known for having awesome defensive chops, but I hope that was a lot of first night jitters because that was hard to watch.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many home runs does Morse need to hit to make playing him in left make sense?

Being a decent athlete actually hurt him on the second play. Burrell would have had it on a one-hop and held the guy to a single. Morse actually thought he had a chance to catch that ball!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many home runs does Morse need to hit to make playing him in left make sense?

Being a decent athlete actually hurt him on the second play. Burrell would have had it on a one-hop and held the guy to a single. Morse actually thought he had a chance to catch that ball!

That was my thought, too. Why didn't he just let it come to him? Also- can someone please explain that crazy shift when (I think it was) Donaldson was at bat? Moving Pablo behind second and nobody, NOBODY, covering the third baseline? First, why didn't Morse come in if that's how they're going to play it and second- way to screw up what would've been a genius idea, Panda! :gaah:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought, too. Why didn't he just let it come to him? Also- can someone please explain that crazy shift when (I think it was) Donaldson was at bat? Moving Pablo behind second and nobody, NOBODY, covering the third baseline? First, why didn't Morse come in if that's how they're going to play it and second- way to screw up what would've been a genius idea, Panda! :gaah:

Usually we have to wait until at least June for this level of kvetching. Good that the season starts soon. Can't waste all this on Spring Training games. :D

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually we have to wait until at least June for this level of kvetching. Good that the season starts soon. Can't waste all this on Spring Training games. :D

It's called warming up! Gotta get my bitcherator in top form!:suds:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called warming up! Gotta get my bitcherator in top form!:suds:

Wild prediction:

Stokes will be complaining about hitting with RISP by mid April.

MSG will be complaining about the Giants ineptitude in getting the runner in from third with less than two outs by late April. (Not that I'm complaining about the predicted complaining or anything)

;)

Damn, I think I know some of you better than some of my family members.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so, but you of all people tzill should be puking a bit having to watch him play the outfield. You of the passion for defense and 2-1 well-played losses over 10-8 'shitshow' wins.

I don't think he's as bad as he looked last night is all. I'm willing to suspend disbelief in his defense until I see him clomp it up.

I do loves me some 2-1 wins though. I guess my expectations are set fairly low on Morse in LF, as opposed to the Ws who are allegedly "elite" defensively.

But I digress....GO GIANTS.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i see what you did there.... :kev: