• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3-0 and improving

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will be hungry. Let em' starve. They had 37 and change minutes with the ball compared to 22 for Miami. Atlanta just played their best game and lost. What will they do against our defense? We are #2 in points allowed. We'll be healthier and more players back. Brady will play better and the receivers are gaining confidence.
I'm predicting improvement and a win in Atlanta. I expect Amendola and Gronk back. I continue to expect that Edelman will quietly exceed expectations. What would be wrong with Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola and Gronk being stars and Edelman being a star also? Why would it be so hard to believe?
We are 3-0. Don't discount that. We have not done that since 2007. Remember 2007? We have a better defense.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will be hungry. Let em' starve. They had 37 and change minutes with the ball compared to 22 for Miami. Atlanta just played their best game and lost. What will they do against our defense? We are #2 in points allowed. We'll be healthier and more players back. Brady will play better and the receivers are gaining confidence.
I'm predicting improvement and a win in Atlanta. I expect Amendola and Gronk back. I continue to expect that Edelman will quietly exceed expectations. What would be wrong with Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola and Gronk being stars and Edelman being a star also? Why would it be so hard to believe?
We are 3-0. Don't discount that. We have not done that since 2007. Remember 2007? We have a better defense.

Amendole won't be back IMO. And I am quickly losing confidence in Dobson. If he is not catching the ball with his chest he is bobbling it off his hands. I really am beginning to think he is not going to be what we hoped he would be.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendole won't be back IMO. And I am quickly losing confidence in Dobson. If he is not catching the ball with his chest he is bobbling it off his hands. I really am beginning to think he is not going to be what we hoped he would be.

I noticed a couple of his drops yesterday were attempted one handers that looked as though they were easy catches if he extended both hands to secure the ball.

I hope he is not just looking for highlight reels.
Yards count,1st downs count, points count. Sportscenter time does not count till the offseason.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed a couple of his drops yesterday were attempted one handers that looked as though they were easy catches if he extended both hands to secure the ball.

I hope he is not just looking for highlight reels.
Yards count,1st downs count, points count. Sportscenter time does not count till the offseason.

He needs to stop being cute and work hard on his fundementals, that is why Thompkins is a better WR at this point. Shit you could do in college will humble you in the pros. The kid has potential just needs to hone his skills more.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see much from him in the way of drops. Remember that just getting a hand on it doesn't turn it into a drop. It has to have been a reasonable catch to make.

He did bobble one, his hands aren't the best, but he's open all the damn time and he had 7 catches.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see much from him in the way of drops. Remember that just getting a hand on it doesn't turn it into a drop. It has to have been a reasonable catch to make.

He did bobble one, his hands aren't the best, but he's open all the damn time and he had 7 catches.

The fact that he has had drops, does bobble and is open but not being tatreted IMO mean Brady has little or no confidence in the kid. Bottom line is at this point he is not what he appeared to be but there is still hope

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 7 catches yesterday. He was targeted left and right.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching games this year, I'm trying to get used to all the jersey numbers!

We do seem to be improving each week.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 7 catches yesterday. He was targeted left and right.

I would not say seven catched for 52 yard with a long of 15 is left and right. I think Thomkins 3 for 41 yards and 2 TDs say's a lot more about who Brady is comfortable with. Again I am not saying Dobson can't or won't be special it's just that he is not remotely close to special yet.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not say seven catched for 52 yard with a long of 15 is left and right. I think Thomkins 3 for 41 yards and 2 TDs say's a lot more about who Brady is comfortable with. Again I am not saying Dobson can't or won't be special it's just that he is not remotely close to special yet.

Brady missed Dobson twice in the endzone, once throwing an interception on a poor throw (why were the commentators saying that was to Sudfeld, btw? Brady looked to Sudfeld then decided to throw to Dobson, but underthrew it badly for the INT), or he'd have some TDs to go with it. He was targeted more than Thompkins was.

He tied for the team lead in receptions and Brady missed him a few times. Brady was clearly looking for him. Don't let the draft/preseason overhype him, but don't let last week color his performance this week either.

Don't get me wrong, I generally think Thompkins is the better player right now and he certainly delivered yesterday as well. But Dobson played a good game.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady missed Dobson twice in the endzone, once throwing an interception on a poor throw (why were the commentators saying that was to Sudfeld, btw? Brady looked to Sudfeld then decided to throw to Dobson, but underthrew it badly for the INT), or he'd have some TDs to go with it. He was targeted more than Thompkins was.

He tied for the team lead in receptions and Brady missed him a few times. Brady was clearly looking for him. Don't let the draft/preseason overhype him, but don't let last week color his performance this week either.

Don't get me wrong, I generally think Thompkins is the better player right now and he certainly delivered yesterday as well. But Dobson played a good game.

I am not convinced he was targeting Dobson on that throw as you seem to think.

And I am not saying Dobson doesn't have TONS of potential, just that he still has some growing pains and is not what we hoped for at this point. But he damn sure could be.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without it, that's 7 catches (tied for the team lead) and a few additional targets, out of Brady's 36 throws.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also drew a 30 yard PI call.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3pts allowed wasn't too shabby.

Def fel like we're headed in the right direction.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3pts allowed wasn't too shabby.

Def fel like we're headed in the right direction.

Agreed, and the secondary is gelling. I would still like a little more pressure on the QB but that may come soon. Next week in Hotlanta will be a solid test.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improving? The Pats played the Jets four days after playing the Bills and had ten days to prepare for Tampa. Did they look better against Tampa than the Jets? Yes, but they didn't exactly light the world on fire in relation to the extra time they had.

First three drives:

Tampa: 8 plays 51 yds missed FG -- 13 plays 55 yds FG -- 7 plays given up on downs
Pats: 4 plays 11 yds Punt -- 5 plays 18 yds Punt -- 3 plays 2 yds Punt

Tampa was the better team out of the gate but couldn't put points on the board other than one FG...a classic way to lose a game.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improving? The Pats played the Jets four days after playing the Bills and had ten days to prepare for Tampa. Did they look better against Tampa better than the Jets? Yes, but they didn't exactly light the world on fire in relation to the extra time they had.

First three drives:

Tampa: 8 plays 51 yds missed FG -- 13 plays 55 yds FG -- 7 plays given up on downs
Pats: 4 plays 11 yds Punt -- 5 plays 18 yds Punt -- 3 plays 2 yds Punt

Tampa was the better team out of the gate but couldn't put points on the board other than one FG...a classic way to lose a game.

Especially against the Pats at home.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa practiced with the Pats and played a preseason game with the Pats. Veterans on Tampa would gain a lot out of that. Our rookies were just learning the system. Tampa benefitted from all that exposure to New England.
Warning: New Orleans practiced with us also and we play them later. Good news, we will be a different team by the time the Saints see us again.