• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd Wild Card Tracker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically the giants are still alive in the wildcard race, practically I’m calling Time of Death on any remaining ‘19 hopes

No chance, no way, no how

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically the giants are still alive in the wildcard race, practically I’m calling Time of Death on any remaining ‘19 hopes

No chance, no way, no how

Well sure, but this was pretty obvious even a couple weeks ago. Only chance they ever had was to keep playing .650 ball like they did in July, and with this team that isn't happening.

Still overall a fantastic season, way better than expected, with FZ showing what he can do already in finding overlooked guys. In another 2 years, like 2021 I could see us being ready to make the playoffs again.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, but this was pretty obvious even a couple weeks ago. Only chance they ever had was to keep playing .650 ball like they did in July, and with this team that isn't happening.

Still overall a fantastic season, way better than expected, with FZ showing what he can do already in finding overlooked guys. In another 2 years, like 2021 I could see us being ready to make the playoffs again.

From here on out, it is about development and hopefully playing competitive games. And roster churn!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i held on to a sliver of hope that the post asb streak would re-appear

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i held on to a sliver of hope that the post asb streak would re-appear

Not with this pitching. The hitting has been surprisingly robust post ASB (though hardly consistent). The starting pitching has been woeful, aside from some of the starts by Bum and Scrabble. DRod, Menez, Beede, Anderson, Suarez have not looked up to the challenge. Webb has had one good game, but his stuff seems like it can play at this level. Cueto may return in September.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But now I’ve made it official, my thread my rules :D

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which we could have jumped start a few years ago when we had some trade value on the roster
I spelled out a plan to hurry along the rebuild with a full tear down back at the ‘17 deadline, I think it was. By that plan, we would have been competing by now or next season. By waiting, it makes the pill that much larger and harder to swallow.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spelled out a plan to hurry along the rebuild with a full tear down back at the ‘17 deadline, I think it was. By that plan, we would have been competing by now or next season. By waiting, it makes the pill that much larger and harder to swallow.
We're just never going to do that. We're trying for a Cardinals type method, not Cubs/Astros. That's just the team we root for.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure i mentioned a plan, but in '17 i was in favor of dumping pretty much all vets with trade value (at that time i wanted to keep panik and craw) and start the rebuild. the feedback on this forum is that couldn't be done as fans would revolt/not_show. imo it's worse now

an old boss once told me.. if you don't start you'll never finish.

it was clear the team needed younger talent: as always they stuck with the vets under contract. with season tix sales at 30k and the high seat/food&drink park prices they command as a result of the city/location/triplets, maybe that was the right decision financially. i'd argue all it did was delay our return to relevance by 3yrs