• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Washington Wizards vs Atlanta Hawks

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fucking hell is a three-point game? :scratch:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell happened? i turned it for like 5 minutes

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck is gortat doing? why r u leaving the 3 pt line

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I didn't get my hopes up. I fucking knew Paul Pierce would make the game-winning shot.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an amazing quarter of basketball...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Atlanta ever gonna stop half assing it these playoffs? They played with more effort in February than they are right now

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Atlanta ever gonna stop half assing it these playoffs? They played with more effort in February than they are right now

I have no idea what happened to the starters today. It was just a nightmare. They have totally lost their spirit.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards should win this thing, just not all that impressed with what I've seen from the Hawks. Maybe I'm just spoiled from so many of the really good championship teams from the past, but when I look at the playoff's right now, I don't see any team that jumps out to me as a 'great' team. One of them will be champion, but I just don't see much special about any of them. the Warriors were the team in the regular season, but the question everyone had for them was how they do in crunch time if their shots weren't falling.

Well, we've seen what has happened...their shots aren't falling as well, and they are down in the series. Like I said, when I look back at the great championship teams in the last decade or two, none of the teams this year really compare to those...they just look like 'good' teams, not really 'great' teams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just read on cbs that the coach put Carroll in the game for the final play but he refused to enter the game......just wow

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just read on cbs that the coach put Carroll in the game for the final play but he refused to enter the game......just wow

Wow, that's either a symptom of the team melting down or evidence of an internal issue that has been simmering for some time.

Either way, not good for the Hawks.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's either a symptom of the team melting down or evidence of an internal issue that has been simmering for some time.

Either way, not good for the Hawks.

It could just mean that he realized he and the rest of the starters were playing like garbage and that the only reason they had a chance to win was because of the bench.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could just mean that he realized he and the rest of the starters were playing like garbage and that the only reason they had a chance to win was because of the bench.

IMO it is still very stupid. The coach wanted him on the floor to defend Pierce on the final possession and he refused.....that is a very selfish act in a critical game 3

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it is still very stupid. The coach wanted him on the floor to defend Pierce on the final possession and he refused.....that is a very selfish act in a critical game 3

I rather would have had him on Paul Pierce than Schroeder. Although I don't if anyone was going to stop that shot Pierce made.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather would have had him on Paul Pierce than Schroeder. Although I don't if anyone was going to stop that shot Pierce made.

I agree but it is a bad look on him. Refusing to go into the game to guard the player who everyone knew would take the final shot.

What a joke

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but it is a bad look on him. Refusing to go into the game to guard the player who everyone knew would take the final shot.

What a joke

Regardless of how bad his offense was that day, still not excuse not to go in. He's one of the best defenders on that team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible, but not probable. It would be the first time I've ever seen a guy refuse to enter a game for a reason that simple. Plus, as bks said, it's still a bad look. Has he stated why he refused to enter the game?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, but not probable. It would be the first time I've ever seen a guy refuse to enter a game for a reason that simple. Plus, as bks said, it's still a bad look. Has he stated why he refused to enter the game?

Didn't feel comfortable physically lol. That is a sorry excuse.

When Washington Wizards forward Paul Pierce hit his winner Saturday, he did so overAtlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schröder. Pierce was initially guarded by Kyle Korver, but the Hawks switched when the veteran used a screen. DeMarre Carroll, Atlanta's best wing defender, watched from the bench, which he revealed postgame was his decision:

"Coach did put me in," Carroll said. "But I didn't feel comfortable at the time. So I'll take that one. I should've been in the game. I didn't feel comfortable as far as physically."

Hawks' Carroll chose to sit out on Pierce's game-winning possession - CBSSports.com

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Washington Wizards forward Paul Pierce hit his winner Saturday, he did so overAtlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schröder. Pierce was initially guarded by Kyle Korver, but the Hawks switched when the veteran used a screen. DeMarre Carroll, Atlanta's best wing defender, watched from the bench, which he revealed postgame was his decision:

"Coach did put me in," Carroll said. "But I didn't feel comfortable at the time. So I'll take that one. I should've been in the game. I didn't feel comfortable as far as physically."

Hawks' Carroll chose to sit out on Pierce's game-winning possession - CBSSports.com

Well, I guess he did own it at least. But can you imagine what D-Wade or Kobe would think of that? I'll bet they both saw that and went :wtf:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being the best defender on that team, it is a pretty weak excuse. The only thing I can see that justifies that is maybe because he hadn't played for so long that he thought Pierce would beat him easier than Schroeder.