• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bet was just the first round right @Bolts?
Yep, but you look better with that avatar. Should definitely keep it for the rest of the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say one thing for Kawhi staying, the weather this April probably hasn't helped much. Temps not expected to go above 50 F until Friday and rain throughout the week. Weekend was in the 40s.

Don't know wtf has happened but the last two April's have felt like March used to feel. Not really enticing for anybody, let alone a warm-weather lifer.

/Then again it snowed in Chicago this weekend so :noidea:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say one thing for Kawhi staying, the weather this April probably hasn't helped much. Temps not expected to go above 50 F until Friday and rain throughout the week. Weekend was in the 40s.

Don't know wtf has happened but the last two April's have felt like March used to feel. Not really enticing for anybody, let alone a warm-weather lifer.

Winning helps this. The Parade would be in ideal weather conditions

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt the weather will have much to do with whether or not Kawhi stays in Toronto.

At his income level, I'm pretty sure he can afford warm clothes and to heat his house. Plus, as @Mecca pointed out, he can live in San Diego in the off-season.

I think it will come down to winning. If the Raptors make the ECF, I think he stays. If not, he leaves.

I will say though that I don't think him buying a house in San Diego instead of Los Angeles means much. He played at San Diego St. and is probably comfortable there. Kobe lived in Newport Beach his entire career and helicoptered in for games because he didn't want the distractions of Hollywood and LA taking his attention away from basketball.

Kawhi is very private, so I could see him doing the same thing Kobe did.

Buying a home in Toronto certainly isn't a bad thing for the Raptors. At the same time, it could simply be an investment too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will win today's game, pretty confident that happens
Depends if Simmons spent another late night at the Cactus Club.

I doubt the weather will have much to do with whether or not Kawhi stays in Toronto.

At his income level, I'm pretty sure he can afford warm clothes and to heat his house. Plus, as @Mecca pointed out, he can live in San Diego in the off-season.

I think it will come down to winning. If the Raptors make the ECF, I think he stays. If not, he leaves.

I will say though that I don't think him buying a house in San Diego instead of Los Angeles means much. He played at San Diego St. and is probably comfortable there. Kobe lived in Newport Beach his entire career and helicoptered in for games because he didn't want the distractions of Hollywood and LA taking his attention away from basketball.

Kawhi is very private, so I could see him doing the same thing Kobe did.

Buying a home in Toronto certainly isn't a bad thing for the Raptors. At the same time, it could simply be an investment too.
It's very little to do with home heating and much more to do with you pretty much can't do anything that involves being outdoors for 2+ months.

The cold sucks. If I weren't from here and had the opportunity to play for a good team in a warmer place you would have to pay me a pretty good premium to stick around.

Winning's nice but let's say the Raps make the final. It'll be his third final appearance, and if they win his second ring. Maybe by that point he's just looking for comfort.

I'd like him to stay but, like, I totally get it if he wants to go literally anywhere else where the air doesn't hurt your face in January.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 game losing streak in Toronto. A lot of of droughts usually end at 14. We will see

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game tonight as well. I expect the Raps to go up 2-0 tonight.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game time yet? i'm already half in the bag. 10, 9, 8, 76ers

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Embiid is listed as questionable again. This time because a stomach virus. Or in layman terms, he's got the shits

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi does Kawhi things, Raps will win by double digits.