• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, either Simmons or Embiid (or preferably both) need to expand their games to include at least a serviceable shot from at least 15-16 feet.

Right now, Simmons is at his best when he's driving to the hoop, which is fine.

But Embiid is also at his best when he's close to the basket. That puts Embiid in Simmons way when he tries to drive to the hoop and teams can sag off of Simmons to double Embiid in the post.

If one or both can develop a decent outside shot, they will be able to fit together a lot better than they do now. Otherwise, they may need to consider trading one of them.

Trade Embiib or Simmons? Oh hell no. I say trade 'em both!

Celtics in seven!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi ain't leavin

You sure about that? What if he wants to take a vacation during the off season? There's only so much to do in Toronto.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi ain't leavin

Probably right. I think this series will go a long way to determining that.

If the Raptors lose this series, I think he's gone.

But if they make it to at least the ECF, then he stays.

I have the Raptors making it to the finals, so I think he's staying.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fucking cheap wh0re.

$3,500.
$3,500? are you crazy?

Ill compromise....ill give you 1,800 but you have to use the picture of Linda Rambis that I pick for you, and you have to change your signature line to "Help me Linda Rambis, you're my only hope!"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers arent going anywhere until Simmons expands his game. Wont have Butler and Harris next year so you can get better role players but starters wise either there isnt a fit or something.

Butler needs to go which I expect he will for a max contract. I wouldnt pay a guy getting 10 points and 4/12 from the field.
Lowry is another guy that is way overpaid, for Toronto.

I would shocked if this goes further than 6 games
Butler is supposed to be this all world wing defender- and the Raptors 2 wings, Kawhi and Siakam, gutted the Sixers. Butler is this vet who is supposed to be in his prime with playoff experience.

Someone is gonna pay a lot of money for a contract they regret this summer- but- that is the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm Brett, Siakam can shoot 3s. Stop having who's ever guarding him play off so far when he shoots.
I don't feel like looking, but in general can he shoot them well? Draymond CAN shoot them, but the Cavs were usually happy to let him and that plan usually worked. If he makes them ya just live with it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is supposed to be this all world wing defender- and the Raptors 2 wings, Kawhi and Siakam, gutted the Sixers. Butler is this vet who is supposed to be in his prime with playoff experience.

Someone is gonna pay a lot of money for a contract they regret this summer- but- that is the NBA.
Lou Williams went off in a couple games in their series. Isn't Klay even younger than Butler? Does this mean he can no longer play D?

No need to be In the Moment Guy (IMG)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it shows is that you can't even make a top 5 list. There's around 8-9 guys at least who are all pretty much the tippy top, any one of which you can build a championship level team around. Not in any order (which is my point):

Curry, Durant, LeBron, Kawhi, Embiid, Harden, Giannis, Davis, Lillard are locks

Do you put Westbrook in there? Kyrie? Jokic? Those guys to me are in the tier right below.

And then there's all the young up and comers. The talent level has been so good lately.
I agree, but he did make a good point. Few of us included Kawhi.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only the Sixers had a STUD CENTER with playoff experience who had a reputation as one of the best in the league at his position that could step up and do his job off Gasol at least they could give the Raps a run for their money...

FIFY

No need to be an In the Moment Guy, but be consistent if you have to be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers arent going anywhere until Simmons expands his game. Wont have Butler and Harris next year so you can get better role players but starters wise either there isnt a fit or something.

Butler needs to go which I expect he will for a max contract. I wouldnt pay a guy getting 10 points and 4/12 from the field.
Lowry is another guy that is way overpaid, for Toronto.

I would shocked if this goes further than 6 games
You, too? while this might end up as the final story it is one game. Would you also be looking to dump Embiid who again could not do his job against Marc Gasol?

and, yes, I realize JB's +/- was awful, but by this "logic" SA needs to make sure they never let Rudy Gay get away.....and that was a Game 7.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3,500? are you crazy?

Ill compromise....ill give you 1,800 but you have to use the picture of Linda Rambis that I pick for you, and you have to change your signature line to "Help me Linda Rambis, you're my only hope!"