• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does spin in circles mean have the ability to be rational and look at both sides, as well as listen to what someone else is saying?

Guilty.

Do you honestly believe that you are capable of that?

Rational and objective are not the first words that come to mind when describing your posting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that you are capable of that?

Rational and objective are not the first words that come to mind when describing your posting.
Of course I do. I've come around on some things I did not agree with earlier. For instance, D. Green certainly proved me wrong and is playing like his old self in the playoffs. I don't see Nance getting to this level, ever.

Irrational and not objective usually comes from guys who make extreme comments and offer opinions as though they are facts.

Like....say......well........you.

what sounds more rational and objective to you......

A) "Bucks and Cavs are close in talent level. I give Cavs the slight edge but I could see someone saying the Bucks are better"

B) "Bucks are far better and deeper...not even close."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do. I've come around on some things I did not agree with earlier. For instance, D. Green certainly proved me wrong and is playing like his old self in the playoffs. I don't see Nance getting to this level, ever.

Irrational and not objective usually comes from guys who make extreme comments and offer opinions as though they are facts.

Like....say......well........you.

what sounds more rational and objective to you......

A) "Bucks and Cavs are close in talent level. I give Cavs the slight edge but I could see someone saying the Bucks are better"

B) "Bucks are far better and deeper...not even close."

LOL.

Props to you for bringing this up to bury yourself.

Comment B is far more objective and reasonable than comment A.

Because I have yet to find a rational and objective person with eyes who understands basketball who thinks the 2018 Cavs are better than the 2019 Bucks.

And I am 100% sure every single objective person here will agree with that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Bucks had one of the top 3 seasons over the past 15 years. They have a legitimate chance of winning the NBA title.

The 2018 Cavs were a shitty team with one of the best players in basketball that barely beat a weak Pacers team, a shell-shocked Raptors team and a depleted Celtics team. They had no chance of beating the Warriors.

The 2019 Bucks are far better than the 2018 Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True

But they also did that to the Celtics with their 3rd best player logging 15 minutes in game 5. And I generally believe in giving more credit to the winner vs. blame to the loser, but I cannot argue Boston played poorly. Much of that, IMO was due to Milwaukee's defense taking them out of rhythm.

Milwaukee is a force with their full unit in tact.

No doubt they're a force. Also no doubt that the defense they played had something to do with how poorly Boston played.

But I also think that it's obvious that the Celtics weren't right in the head. I think if they were, they probably win the series or at least push it to 7 games.

I think the Celtics are more talented, but the Bucks played like a team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they're a force. Also no doubt that the defense they played had something to do with how poorly Boston played.

But I also think that it's obvious that the Celtics weren't right in the head. I think if they were, they probably win the series or at least push it to 7 games.

I think the Celtics are more talented, but the Bucks played like a team.

I think you may be underrating the Bucks and overrating the Celtics.

Celtics have a lot of good players, but they don't have a superstar and they have poor chemistry.

The Bucks do have a superstar, a 2nd all star and 6 or 7 high quality role players that fit their system.

The Bucks are a very good team. Even if the Celtics were on their A game the entire series, the Bucks still likely win it.

If Toronto advances, I expect the ECF to be competitive, but I will still take the Bucks in 5 or 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would win if we get game 5 Raptors and game 6 Sixers in game 7?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Bucks had one of the top 3 seasons over the past 15 years. They have a legitimate chance of winning the NBA title.

The 2018 Cavs were a shitty team with one of the best players in basketball that barely beat a weak Pacers team, a shell-shocked Raptors team and a depleted Celtics team. They had no chance of beating the Warriors.

The 2019 Bucks are far better than the 2018 Cavs.

That team was so frustrating. If it wasnt for ridiculous Lebron they wouldnt have made it to the ECF’s. He had an unbelievable Toronto series too and playoffs in general

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this series it’s been:

1. Kawhi

2. Butler
3. Siakam
4. Embiid
5. Harris
6. Simmons
7. Reddick

8. My left nut
9. Lowry

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Kawhi

2. Butler
3. Siakam
4. Embiid
5. Harris
6. Simmons
7. Reddick

8. My left nut
9. Lowry

Cmon man.

I know this is a joke, but Redick has been bad. Averaging less than 12 a game and he is a negative defender who doesn't create for others.

Not sure Simmons Has been better than Lowry this series. And Embiid has been really bad too.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Kawhi

2. Butler
3. Siakam
4. Embiid
5. Harris
6. Simmons
7. Reddick

8. My left nut
9. Lowry

I love Lowry, Nova player and all, but he's just overrated.

He doesn't have the athleticism and/or shot making ability the other great point guards have. He's not good enough to be the 2nd best player on a championship caliber team.

Any year.

Let alone a year when the GS Warriors are at their peak.

OTOH, Kahwi is much better than I thought he was. He can definitely be the best player on a championship team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lowry, Nova player and all, but he's just overrated.

He doesn't have the athleticism and/or shot making ability the other great point guards have. He's not good enough to be the 2nd best player on a championship caliber team.

Any year.

Let alone a year when the GS Warriors are at their peak.

OTOH, Kahwi is much better than I thought he was. He can definitely be the best player on a championship team.

I think this is a really good post.

Part of the reason Kyle Lowry gets trashed by so many on here is because he and the DeRozan Raptors overachieved in regular seasons past.

Kyle Lowry is a good player. He always has been. But he is not a star. He is a high quality complimentary piece on the level of an Eric Gordon. Put the right pieces around him and you can win. But Lowry isn't going to be the one driving the bus.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

I know this is a joke, but Redick has been bad. Averaging less than 12 a game and he is a negative defender who doesn't create for others.

Not sure Simmons Has been better than Lowry this series. And Embiid has been really bad too.

Redick has never been a good defender, how does that subtract from his value? Lol He is shooting 39% from 3. That’s enough to bump him over Lowry considering his value compared to Lowry’s. Reddick is the 5th best player on Phill, Lowry is supposed to be the #2

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

I would put Lowry about Reddick but not above Simmons. Simmons has been offensively poor in their losses but good in their wins. Simmons has been tasked with primarily defending one of the best players in the league while Lowry is kept out of the way defensively.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry’s assist numbers are even down a bit even though he is playin 37 mpg.

He is shooting poorly from the field and 29% from 3. 12 ppg from your best player in 37 mpg. That is awful

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick has never been a good defender, how does that subtract from his value? Lol He is shooting 39% from 3. That’s enough to bump him over Lowry considering his value compared to Lowry’s. Reddick is the 5th best player on Phill, Lowry is supposed to be the #2

Because this isn't about value compared to what they are capable of. Lowry is a better player because he contributes in many ways.

Redick is a shooter and a floor space only. His presence always works to space the floor, but he has not shot very well this series, so his contribution has not been all that great.