• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving Orpik the benefit of the doubt originally on that since he always played on that edge. But after seeing that hit more and more it isn't good I am actually surprised he did something like that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving Orpik the benefit of the doubt originally on that since he always played on that edge. But after seeing that hit more and more it isn't good I am actually surprised he did something like that.
Orpik should be suspended for at least game 3 IMO.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orpik should be suspended for at least game 3 IMO.
Yep but since they are still in the playoffs the most it will be is one game.
If that was an elimination game and the Caps were out then he would get 3 to start next year.
Don't you love the NHL justice! <sarcasm>

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but since they are still in the playoffs the most it will be is one game.
If that was an elimination game and the Caps were out then he would get 3 to start next year.
Don't you love the NHL justice! <sarcasm>
That's goofy, but makes sense in a NHL sort of way.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways:

• First and foremost, the powerplay needs improvement. I think we spend way too much time in our own end sorting our entry out. We need to improve our entry into the zone and simplify our play.
  • We need to cut down the amount of board play.
  • The Maatta injury should be a blessing in disguise. The hit warrants a suspension imo, and I hate to see anybody get hurt, but Maatta was playing horribly this series. He's been slow and a turnover machine. Schultz is the better option and probably should've taken Maatta's spot in the game today. Hopefully Olli is okay, but this should improve the team at the blue line.
  • Matt Murray is an angel sent from God. What a man...what a man... He seems to have Ovi's number so far. #8 has had a few very good chances that Murray has thwarted.
  • I love how many shots we've put on Holtby thus far in the series. We need to keep putting the puck on net.
  • I think we need to continue to put traffic in front of the net. We have a plethora of guys who can cause problems for Holtby and co. so if we continue to crowd the net I think more goals will come eventually.
  • I miss Matt Niskanen. He had an outstanding defensive game for the Caps.
  • They seem to think they can eliminate Sid and Geno through physicality. Malkin hasn't gone away yet. He's been the best player on the ice for a few stretches of time though games 1 & 2.

This is my last post. It's been a fun year. I look forward to hearing about our boys winning games. I'll see you boys in a few months. Go Pens!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways:

• First and foremost, the powerplay needs improvement. I think we spend way too much time in our own end sorting our entry out. We need to improve our entry into the zone and simplify our play.
  • We need to cut down the amount of board play.
  • The Maatta injury should be a blessing in disguise. The hit warrants a suspension imo, and I hate to see anybody get hurt, but Maatta was playing horribly this series. He's been slow and a turnover machine. Schultz is the better option and probably should've taken Maatta's spot in the game today. Hopefully Olli is okay, but this should improve the team at the blue line.
  • Matt Murray is an angel sent from God. What a man...what a man... He seems to have Ovi's number so far. #8 has had a few very good chances that Murray has thwarted.
  • I love how many shots we've put on Holtby thus far in the series. We need to keep putting the puck on net.
  • I think we need to continue to put traffic in front of the net. We have a plethora of guys who can cause problems for Holtby and co. so if we continue to crowd the net I think more goals will come eventually.
  • I miss Matt Niskanen. He had an outstanding defensive game for the Caps.
  • They seem to think they can eliminate Sid and Geno through physicality. Malkin hasn't gone away yet. He's been the best player on the ice for a few stretches of time though games 1 & 2.

This is my last post. It's been a fun year. I look forward to hearing about our boys winning games. I'll see you boys in a few months. Go Pens!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Spot on dude! Great last post :clap:

Great getting to know you these past few weeks, hope to see you soon!
:salute:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's way too early to make such comparisons, but Matt Murray is on pace to have one of the most memorable playoff performances by a first year NHL netminder...

Matt Murray
ql9oNP8.png

Annti Niemi
51rfI4O.png

Cam Ward
pzZnCdj.png

Patrick Roy
rEf0hD4.png

Ken Dryden
9AGmtiO.png

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz has mad game...
He could easily be our 2nd best dman if he plays to his potential.