• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all the post game analysis talks about how the Caps played their best game and they should win.
But what is interesting is the fact the Penguins are yet to play their best game and are up in the series 2-1.
If they can stop the early pressure next game I see them easily going up 3-1 in this series.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all the post game analysis talks about how the Caps played their best game and they should win.
But what is interesting is the fact the Penguins are yet to play their best game and are up in the series 2-1.
If they can stop the early pressure next game I see them easily going up 3-1 in this series.

I said 7 games with 3 OTs before the series started and really haven't seen anything to change my mind. I got a feeling we are going to be down when we come back to Pittsburgh for game 6.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dz8Apwy.gif

DLFKfHc.gif

l7AhREV.gif

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Letang has a hearing with the Department of Player Safety. All signs suggest that he's miss game 4. Big loss to the Pens since Tang has been our most important player in this series.

I don't expect us to win game 4 now, but it would be a crushing blow to the Capitals confidence if we could somehow beat them without Tang to take a 3-1 series lead.

Murray will have to play like he did in game 3 & Sid will have to play like he did against the Rangers.

The good news in spite of the Capitals dominating us in game 3, Holtby didn't look as good as he did in games 1 & 2; he only saved 87% of the shots he faced & put his team into an early 3-0 hole. Easily his worst game of the playoffs. Maybe he has a bounce back game in game 4, but at least his aura has been broken. At least we now know that we could score 3 goals on him if we get bodies in front of the net.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we need to play a game without Tang to force others to step up now. We're for sure going to see Justin Schultz in game 4 now, and although he's not as good as Tang, he could do a lot of the things Tang can do on offense. I also liked how Pouliot played as the game went on, so hopefully that will carry over for the next game. Daley also looked good last night, so we have a dman that could move the puck on each paring.

This is how I would draw it up for tomorrow...
D1: Daley/Dumoulin
D2: Pouliot/Lovejoy
D3: Schultz/Cole

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid is a huge disappointment...turn overs, pulling up to pass, floating...dude is playing half hearted or scared
I think they might have to consider putting Kunitz back on Sid's line, Bennett on Geno's line, & Sheary in for Rust on the 4th line for game 4.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they might have to consider putting Kunitz back on Sid's line, Bennett on Geno's line, & Sheary in for Rust on the 4th line for game 4.
I don't think you tinker with all your lines because Rust is out...especially since he just came back. Just swap in Bennett or Sistito.