• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, if you're not a Lakers fan/don't really follow them, Caruso's value can be kind of hard to quantify.

For most of the game, he's basically just a warm body that you can throw out there to give other guys some rest that you know isn't going to screw up too bad.

But, he has some kind of weird chemistry with Lebron where they actually tend to play well together and he has a penchant for making 2 or 3 plays a game like the ones he made at the end of the game yesterday by hitting a big 3 and making a great play on defense that pretty well ended the game.

He's not a guy who's ever going to win games for you, but he's not going to be the reason you lost either.
Since I said that...he has been playing much better. Like you said, he does some little things that stand out and he is super athletic. Normally he can lack on the defensive end but playing much better the last two. He’s been pretty good considering his role and with the one lineup they Lakers go to with Rondo (smaller lineup) he seems to fit well. Also, plays well with Lebron like you said...but that is a theme for Lebron, he makes ok to below average players much better

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Won by 10 after mailing it in for the last 5 minutes = 'getting lucky'

:lol:

I don't know if I would go as far as to say "lucky".

But, to be fair, when you're up 23 and the lead gets cut to 5 with enough time for the opponent to win the game, you didn't exactly get out without a scare. If the Rockets had been able to hit another shot or 2, we might be having very different conversations about the game this morning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I said that...he has been playing much better. Like you said, he does some little things that stand out and he is super athletic. Normally he can lack on the defensive end but playing much better the last two. He’s been pretty good considering his role and with the one lineup they Lakers go to with Rondo (smaller lineup) he seems to fit well. Also, plays well with Lebron like you said...but that is a theme for Lebron, he makes ok to below average players much better

Maybe he reads tHoop.

Rondo is the key, imo. Like you said, most players play well with Lebron. When Rondo was out with his injuries, Caruso was forced to run the offense at times and he struggles with that.

When Lebron and/or Rondo are on the floor with him, he can just be The Bald Mamba and doesn't have to worry about running the offense. That's when he has the most positive effect on the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's sort of the opposite, he is a PG not an SG, so when playing with Rondo, he is out of his natural position, and making an impact playing without the ball has been a challenge, except of course, as TF12 pointed out, when playing with James. I think he understands 100%, if he cuts to the basket when LeBron has the ball, LeBron will find him...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much trying to burn clock and not enough just doing what got you the lead in the first place.
That's why losing most of that lead doesn't bother me one bit, if these two LA team make it to the WCF, I don't see either having a 23 point lead to blow, unless something very unusual happens...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I feel like that 4th was extreme though.

Empty possession after empty possession.
Sadly they do that quite regularly when they gain a large lead - they take the foot off the gas, get cocky and make a ton of mistakes.

But despite that they’re still one game away from making the WCF.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much trying to burn clock and not enough just doing what got you the lead in the first place.

Yeah.

It is the equivalent of the football team with the lead and the ball running 3 straight times, going 3 and out and punting.

When the defense expects the run, it is a lot easier to stop. I am not suggesting 3 passing plays, but if you pass enough to keep them guessing you are a lot more likely to pick up the first down.

And you burn more clock if you get the first down.

I will take 16 seconds and a 50% chance at a bucket all day over 23 seconds and a 25% chance.

Play to win instead of playing not to lose.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly they do that quite regularly when they gain a large lead - they take the foot off the gas, get cocky and make a ton of mistakes.

But despite that they’re still one game away from making the WCF.
Yup...

been a while, but it'll feel good to be back...:D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House was sent home by the league

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His teammates will be following him shortly.
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers finish this off tonight but the Rockets cover the spread.