• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less useless than McGee and Howard
Thats the reason a team needs a larger rotation of players then D'antoni's system of 8. The Lakers have the ability sit others down and use those that are more effective. Rondo stepped up big time last night.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is the main issue I've always had with this team. They are getting timely and key contributions from guys when they need him from veteran guys. If they could get consistent efforts from this limited bench they will definitely have a greater chance with LBJ and AD playing like they are.

Rondo
Kuzma
Morris
Green - he's done little to nothing in this series
KCP

Dwight and McGee can also be factors, just not in this series which hurts LA but that's why they need these other guys to step up more.

THIS.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I thought he was trolling before LBJ left for South Beach in 2010 (?) Maybe not, but that's when all that shit really hit the fan...

Who was that cat that had that Heat Haters Club thread that transferred from there to here? Something like Cliff (????)

You gents aren't thinking of TurnUpTheHeat are you? Affectionately referred to as Turnup!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm doesn't always come through on these here boards, next time I will certainly consider the source... :peace2:

Excuse me but I will have you know I take this site very seriously and never joke around. Hey, pull my finger.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Caruso is solid. He isn’t going to do anything great, but he usually won’t do anything terrible either.
What a lot of us see in AC is not the greatness, however his hustle, vision and IQ for the game and how it time and time again over shadows his lack of great talent.

He tends to surprise, from time to time...

Just like last night just as he was getting dogged on this very thread, he stops the half court dribble drive penetration, gets the defensive board, presses the ball up court to Rondo, and spots up and drains a three, all of a matter of seconds.

For a guy doing nothing, that's an impressive 5 point swing in 5 seconds, and he virtually did it all himself, save the assist he handed to Rondo!

It's why he's gotten a decent amount of minutes all season, and why the Lakers kept him on the Roster from last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess that's why Metta World Peace knocked him out for running his mouth...

Love me some Metta....

elbow.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in the series been the 4th quarter. That's the difference between Houston being up 3-0 and now down 1-2

The Lakers went small and are playing strong defense in the second half for the second straight game. Laker fans knew all along the playoffs would likely force more AD at the 5. Playoff Rondo making up for the lack of quality guard play on the current roster.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Metta....

elbow.gif

Metta World Piece-o-Shit. He's classless. During the Malace in the Palace incident instead of standing toe to toe with Ben Wallace he ran into the crowd and started beating up a fan. What a tough guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to me the Lakers bench, and really all of their players beyond Lebron and AD are question marks.

When I watch the Lakers and the Clippers role players. It feels like I know 1 or 2 of the Clippers role players will step up, where I'm hoping 1 or 2 of the Lakers role players will step up.

To me, that's the biggest difference between the Lakers and Clippers.

Rondo played poorly in the first game (it was also the first game he played in the playoffs) but we've seen mostly "playoff Rondo" for the past 2 games (especially last night).

Kuzma looks like he could be the one to step into that "3rd guy" role and he definitely wants it. But he's still learning and doesn't always know when he should be looking to step up.

Morris, Green and KCP are mostly there for their defense. They can help offensively at times, but they are all pretty streaky so you can't really depend on them to be consistent.

I'd like to see TH-T get some run, but he's too green for the playoffs. I can just imagine the rookie mistakes he would make out there, especially on defensive assignments. We have thankfully been mostly spared Waiters and JR this round, although I'd rather see Waiters of the two (and of course he's the one that's banged up).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metta World Piece-o-Shit. He's classless. During the Malace in the Palace incident instead of standing toe to toe with Ben Wallace he ran into the crowd and started beating up a fan. What a tough guy.

Ben didn't throw the drink at him. Of course, neither did THAT fan, but at least he was going more or less in the right direction.

ON the court, Metta/Ron was a hell of a player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben didn't throw the drink at him. Of course, neither did THAT fan, but at least he was going more or less in the right direction.

ON the court, Metta/Ron was a hell of a player.

Going more or less in the right direction? :L So running into the stand and assaulting an innocent fan is "going more or less in the right direction"? The only direction he was going was away from Wallace. Mett'a a coward. Don't care what his production was on the court. He's a loser. And should have been kicked outta the league for his actions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going more or less in the right direction? :L So running into the stand and assaulting an innocent fan is "going more or less in the right direction"? The only direction he was going was away from Wallace. Mett'a a coward. Don't care what his production was on the court. He's a loser. And should have been kicked outta the league for his actions.

The confrontation with Wallace was long over. Ron was stretched out on the table when a fan threw a drink at him. No defending his actions, and he got the longest on-court suspension in league history; that was plenty. I'm sure you have no problem with the infamous McHale clothesline, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The confrontation with Wallace was long over. Ron was stretched out on the table when a fan threw a drink at him. No defending his actions, and he got the longest on-court suspension in league history; that was plenty. I'm sure you have no problem with the infamous McHale clothesline, right?

:crazy:

Nice defelction. Try staying on topic next time. What yer boy Ron did has nothing to do with McHale's actions. Goal posts have been moved. :pound:

But to answer your absurd question McHale was outta line.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the reason a team needs a larger rotation of players then D'antoni's system of 8. The Lakers have the ability sit others down and use those that are more effective. Rondo stepped up big time last night.

Yeah, I wonder about that.

Have to give guys minutes in the regular season so that maybe they can be a viable option in the playoffs.

If you only play 8 all the time, you aren’t going to be able to go deeper than that when you need to.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder about that.

Have to give guys minutes in the regular season so that maybe they can be a viable option in the playoffs.

If you only play 8 all the time, you aren’t going to be able to go deeper than that when you need to.

And that is the reason D'antoni isn't a good coach - He is a master in making a great chicken pie out of chicken shit, and he has some really great players, but in the last two or more decades - the Rockets have mastered the game with Yao Ming, and the others, but have always been two or three players short. If they don't care about championships - they do a great job - but the rest of us wants titles.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you have never done anything really stupid?

Must be nice to think one is really perfect

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have never done anything really stupid?

Must be nice to think one is really perfect

I'm doing something stupid right now. Responding to you. You over-the-top Lakers homer.