• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we'll see, coach...

I predicted Lakers in 6. I still think that's how it'll go...

That was my prediction as will but as Lance said, i don't have a better grip on this seriea so far. One thing I'll say is the Lakera size isn't making that much of a difference because AD don't play inside much. Lakers are only +6 on rebounds through 2 games

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my prediction as will but as Lance said, i don't have a better grip on this seriea so far. One thing I'll say is the Lakera size isn't making that much of a difference because AD don't play inside much. Lakers are only +6 on rebounds through 2 games

just a small bit of observation on my part, but the hustle definitely needs to pick up on the Lakers end. I mean Gordon outhustled 'em for Oboards on some plays...

basketball 101: put a fuckin' body on someone...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not see how they're defending him? Is he supposed to shoot contested shots over 2 defenders to make you happy?

People bitch about him being a ball hog but when he is making the right basketball plays then people still bitch.

Lebron had 0 4th quarter points in game 1 and Kawhi had 0 4th quarter points last night....IT HAPPENS

:pound::pound:

No I didn't see anything. As a matter of fact I didn't even watch the game. How's that for sarcasm?

You shouldn't get so worked up. But it's funny. I don't like Harden. So I'm gonna be overly critical of him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I didn't see anything. As a matter of fact I didn't even watch the game. How's that for sarcasm?

You shouldn't get so worked up. But it's funny. I don't like Harden. So I'm gonna be overly critical of him.

At least you're honest

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol,I didn't know any one like him, but the Lakers and will have to play hard to win

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,I didn't know any one like him, but the Lakers and will have to play hard to win

No doubt about that. When the Lakers had that big lead I didn't expect the Rockets to fight their way back into the game. They were on fire in the 3rd.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's more to it than rebounds. The Lakers beat them up in the paint on offense and had 5 blocks on defense.

Also, having to try to rebound against that size can take a lot out of a smaller player. The Rockets looked tired in the 4th quarter. They didn't try to extend the game, even with their ability to hit 3's and the Lakers not exactly being stellar at hitting free throws..

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but can we also expect roCo, Gordon and House to go for almost 60 and 13 3’s. Through 3 quarters the Rockets were shooting I think over 50% from 3 making like 19 of them. They are a streaky team but like yoi said, someone HAS to step up for the Lakers every game. Could be a different guy but it needs to happen. They dont have enough depth...very little depth. Maybe Morris can be that guy. Kuzma needs to be efficient like he was tonight as well. I think this goes 7

That's the thing though Shane against good teams you're going to get beat by the law of averages eventually. If you're just constantly settling for threes you aren't making them use as much energy on defense, you aren't getting them in foul trouble, you limit second chances etc...

They were really cooking when Russ all but stopped shooting threes. Tonight he goes 1-7. He was settling on bad shots again. Because any 3 no matter how open is a bad look for him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting. I don’t feel like I have any better handle on this series than I had before it started.

Each team has mostly controlled 1 game so far. Each team has matchups that are very problematic for the other.

It comes down to shot selection for the Lakers and shot making for Houston. If LA plays their game the way they should, then they will win the series.

But I am less confident in that than I was even before tonight.

Help me out with this...a Rockets fan I've been friends with forever says AD is a problem for the Lakers, because obviously not a perimeter defender.

He was 36/10/4 today on 63% shooting so obviously a big reason they won. But my friend says he was -7 for the game. I know one game plus/minus is misleading...but why exactly? How do I explain to him why AD was really great tonight with a negative plus minus?

Rondo was +28 so I know it doesn't correlate to how good a player is in one game LOL

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that W all day but man, did the Lakers get away with messy play on offense and defense that only worked out because Houston either missed shots or the Lakers outhustled for some loose balls. That zone was garbage, giving up multiple wide open 3s that Houston just missed. Davis refused to get into the paint on offense to post up, instead kept trying to post up around the elbows and settle for midrange jumpers. And I won't even get into how lazy they were to let Houston back into the game to begin with. Made this game way harder than it needed to be.

AD was terrific on offense tonight dude

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should in this series where there is no use for any of the centers excluding AD

AD has some use lol...come on dude

bzcs32b_imgur.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. When the Lakers had that big lead I didn't expect the Rockets to fight their way back into the game. They were on fire in the 3rd.
D'antoni is a master with a one or two man show, without a doubt, but I dont think he can ever win a title like that

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Their bigs provided nothing in either game when they were in.

Lakers still have a solid size advantage even with Davis at the 5.

If McGee and Howard play too much, the Lakers will lose the series. They don’t offer enough offensively to make up for the liability they are on D.

They are not a liability. The way the Lakers chose to play in game 1 was terrible because there wasn't enough communication between all the defenders and it left the centers out to dry. They need to stay in the paint to keep Westbrook and Harden out of it, which creates all of Houston's offense. But they had them helping too much too far out and also shading guys you don't really mind if they shoot 3s or not. And offensively in game 1, every one of them had several wide open lobs to the basket that Lebron just flat out refused to pass for whatever reason (its a bad habit of his all season).

AD was terrific on offense tonight dude

In the 3rd and 4th quarters, there was a lot of possessions where he was not getting into the paint from the start. I think he had like 18 to 20 at half time, then scored a couple buckets at the start of the 3rd. But from the time Houston started their run with like 8 to 10 mins in the 3rd to take the lead until the end of the game, Davis scored 10 pts. And it wasn't just because Houston started throwing doubles at him. It was because he wasn't getting into good positioning to take advantage before Houston even sent the doubles. His stat line is fine. He played well. The point is he can play a lot better with just a smidge more effort given his size advantage. And they're going to need it. You can't bank on guys like Kieff and Rondo, who have been bums all season, playing well each night

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out with this...a Rockets fan I've been friends with forever says AD is a problem for the Lakers, because obviously not a perimeter defender.

He was 36/10/4 today on 63% shooting so obviously a big reason they won. But my friend says he was -7 for the game. I know one game plus/minus is misleading...but why exactly? How do I explain to him why AD was really great tonight with a negative plus minus?

Rondo was +28 so I know it doesn't correlate to how good a player is in one game LOL

He says AD is a problem?

I mean, he isn’t Pat Bev, but AD is a pretty good perimeter defender. I can’t imagine watching him play and thinking he wasn’t. He is a 7 footer guarding some of the best most explosive guards in the league 1 on 1. Nobody can consistently stay in front of Westbrook and Harden in those situations.

The reason he was -7 was he was on the bench for Markief Morris’ explosion in the first quarter, and on the court for the Rockets’ explosion in the 3rd.

Vice versa for Rondo.

It is as simple as that.

If the Lakers eventually win this series, it will be because Anthony Davis is the best player on the court like he was tonight.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not a liability. The way the Lakers chose to play in game 1 was terrible because there wasn't enough communication between all the defenders and it left the centers out to dry. They need to stay in the paint to keep Westbrook and Harden out of it, which creates all of Houston's offense. But they had them helping too much too far out and also shading guys you don't really mind if they shoot 3s or not. And offensively in game 1, every one of them had several wide open lobs to the basket that Lebron just flat out refused to pass for whatever reason (its a bad habit of his all season).

In the 3rd and 4th quarters, there was a lot of possessions where he was not getting into the paint from the start. I think he had like 18 to 20 at half time, then scored a couple buckets at the start of the 3rd. But from the time Houston started their run with like 8 to 10 mins in the 3rd to take the lead until the end of the game, Davis scored 10 pts. And it wasn't just because Houston started throwing doubles at him. It was because he wasn't getting into good positioning to take advantage before Houston even sent the doubles. His stat line is fine. He played well. The point is he can play a lot better with just a smidge more effort given his size advantage. And they're going to need it. You can't bank on guys like Kieff and Rondo, who have been bums all season, playing well each night

I agree AD needs to get in the paint more and that the Lakers need a paint touch on every single possession.

But you are dead wrong about the centers.

They just don’t provide enough offensively. PJ Tucker and Jeff Green can guard them pretty effectively with a little help.

And the only player who gets minutes on the Rockets you can just let shoot 3s is Westbrook. When Dwight and Javale are out there, Rockets force a switch in pick and roll and the Lakers either have to leave shooters to over help or take chances in a terrible matchup.

If McGee and Howard has played much more than 8 minutes last night, the Lakers would have lost the game.

McGee was minus 8 in his 8 minutes. Not a coincidence. He brings nothing to the table in this matchup. And like I told people the last 2years, there was good reason Kerr left him on the bench against the Rockets. He was 100% correct.