• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd round: Houston Rockets vs Golden State Warriors

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @dtgold88 , for the record Harden and Paul walked off the court without shaking anyone's hand last night. So it's not so much Klay doing anything that unusual back in 2016. Some guys just take losing hard. Still not classy but not that unusual or a big deal.
I did notice Harden walked off but didn't see CP (not doubting you though). Never thought Klay was the only one who ever did this. Hell, Lebron did it after they lost to the Cs his last year here the firs time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about Paul but Harden was ready to get back to his life. Sorry but that dude will never be a competitor.
C'mon now. No one gets as good as that guy is without being a competitor. Your comment is beyond silly.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now. No one gets as good as that guy is without being a competitor. Your comment is beyond silly.

No you obviously haven’t followed him very closely. Just watch him, winning isn’t that important to him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you obviously haven’t followed him very closely. Just watch him, winning isn’t that important to him.

You are most definitely wrong here. Also biased against your former OKC guys.

Harden works extremely hard at his game. While he is never going to be confused with a first team all defense guy, he has put effort in on that end and improved a lot. To the point where I would say he is at least a league average defender and maybe a little better than that.

He has a standoffish personality, and honestly not a very likeable one. He is not a vocal leader. He does not wear his emotions on his sleeve like many current players do. He tends to shrink in the biggest moments of the biggest games. Like Russ, he might not always make the best choices that lead to wins in those clutch moments.

But none of that means winning isn't important to him. Some guys shrink because winning is too important to them and they get scared. That, to me is James Harden.

You don't get to be that good at basketball and lead a top 3 team in the NBA if winning doesn't matter to you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are most definitely wrong here. Also biased against your former OKC guys.

Harden works extremely hard at his game. While he is never going to be confused with a first team all defense guy, he has put effort in on that end and improved a lot. To the point where I would say he is at least a league average defender and maybe a little better than that.

He has a standoffish personality, and honestly not a very likeable one. He is not a vocal leader. He does not wear his emotions on his sleeve like many current players do. He tends to shrink in the biggest moments of the biggest games. Like Russ, he might not always make the best choices that lead to wins in those clutch moments.

But none of that means winning isn't important to him. Some guys shrink because winning is too important to them and they get scared. That, to me is James Harden.

You don't get to be that good at basketball and lead a top 3 team in the NBA if winning doesn't matter to you.

Just calling it like I see it, interesting you compared him with one of the more competitive guys to ever play the game. Note I did not say smart in any way. Perhaps it is his personality but shrinking in moments is becoming the norm.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just calling it like I see it, interesting you compared him with one of the more competitive guys to ever play the game. Note I did not say smart in any way. Perhaps it is his personality but shrinking in moments is becoming the norm.

Doesn't mean he doesn't want to win.

I could just as easily say Russ doesn't want to win because he refuses to learn from his past mistakes.

But we both know Russ wants to win. He just may not understand how.

IMO, Harden wants to win so bad he is afraid of failing. So, inevitably he does.