• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah in the playoffs is playing pretty well but he has totally forgot how to make a FT which he was getting better at each year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking way too far ahead
no I'm not. Im talking about the winner of the bulls and Cavs. Im not saying Bulls will win and play Wash. Im just stating how sad it would be that one of these 2 teams won't represent the East.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah in the playoffs is playing pretty well but he has totally forgot how to make a FT which he was getting better at each year.
no he hasn't. He has been bad that is why he didn't play down the stretch. If he played the rodman role he would be fine.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later, people. Have a good one.

Heading to the Houston-LA thread to see if my online sweetie (Mecca) is here.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he has been the worst player on their team the entire postseason. couldn't cover anyone on the bucks and literally missed 15-20 uncontested layups so far in the playoffs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you- only saw the last 45 seconds of the game- I was drafting a contract that was duefor my class today- IT SUCKS ASS THIS ISFINALS WEEK.

from what i heard from what I heard from my brother Gasol killed the Cavs.

Cavs NEED game 2 now....like i said earlier- they just needed to split these first two--- adjusting to playing without Lvoeand Smith- Im not shocked they lost Game 1----but they NEED NEED NEED NEED to win game 2 or its gonna be pretty much be over.

Cant wait till Wednesday night to get the bad taste outta my mouth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you- only saw the last 45 seconds of the game- I was drafting a contract that was duefor my class today- IT SUCKS ASS THIS ISFINALS WEEK.

from what i heard from what I heard from my brother Gasol killed the Cavs.

Cavs NEED game 2 now....like i said earlier- they just needed to split these first two--- adjusting to playing without Lvoeand Smith- Im not shocked they lost Game 1----but they NEED NEED NEED NEED to win game 2 or its gonna be pretty much be over.

Cant wait till Wednesday night to get the bad taste outta my mouth.
Wiggy we told you about Gasol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will be ready now. He got his bad/horrible game out of the way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats where losing Love kills the Cavs- the Bulls bg men dont have to work at all against their assignments on the defensive end for the most part....

If Love was ableto pull Noah out of the middle the Cavs could attack Gasol a million different ways and either get him in foul trouble or just work him

Do you remember the game right before the All star break? Love didnt play in that one either- and Gasol MURDERED the Cavs...i wouldve thought the Cavs would have had a game plan for it - but apparently not--

likeisaid- this week is fucking awful for me- i have afinal Thursday at 9 am so i dont even know how much of the game i can watchon Wednesday...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls got game 1. They looked to come out on all cylinders. Now the Bulls need to win game two as well. Right now, I think the Bulls should be slightly favored. If the Bulls can pull out game two, they should be heavily favored. If they lose, I say it's going to be about 50-50 they win. I can see the next game being a close one down to the wire. Without Love and Jr Smith, the Bulls are just simply better and they need to take game two as well. JR Smith coming back evens the field a little, but I think the Bulls are still a better team when healthy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats where losing Love kills the Cavs- the Bulls bg men dont have to work at all against their assignments on the defensive end for the most part....

If Love was ableto pull Noah out of the middle the Cavs could attack Gasol a million different ways and either get him in foul trouble or just work him

Do you remember the game right before the All star break? Love didnt play in that one either- and Gasol MURDERED the Cavs...i wouldve thought the Cavs would have had a game plan for it - but apparently not--

likeisaid- this week is fucking awful for me- i have afinal Thursday at 9 am so i dont even know how much of the game i can watchon Wednesday...

75% of school/a test is common sense.

So don't be a dumbass on that and do some reasonable guessing and you are fine.

Unless it's a short answer/written final, then you might be fucked. In that case I say watch the game and booze. Taking the final drunk/hungover will boost your creativity to BS some points.

It's a foolproof plan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75% of school/a test is common sense.

So don't be a dumbass on that and do some reasonable guessing and you are fine.

Unless it's a short answer/written final, then you might be fucked. In that case I say watch the game and booze. Taking the final drunk/hungover will boost your creativity to BS some points.

It's a foolproof plan.

lol...dude...if it was undergrad I would have no problem going out and having a few and watching the game.

law school a little different. The test is likely 2 essays- and the test counts for your entire grade the whole semester....theres no assignments or midterms or other stuff like that....its one test- thats your grade with some leeway depending on participation. Ill be shitting bricks for the next week and a half unfortunately.. literally the first play of tonights game i saw was Butler pulling that rainbow bank shot out of his ass to put the Bulls up 6 with 30 seconds to play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gasol was a starting all star for a reason. The guy is not the Pau of 5 years ago athletically- and that most shows up on the defensive end- but he is still a force offensively. Its so valuable having that guy in the middle you can throw the ball into and get 20 points from.

Chicago has it- the Cavs dont.

other teams in the playoffs? I guess Atlanta has it in Horford...Memphis DEF has it but Conley is a mess physically and hes their engine so they are screwed. Golden State DEFINITELY doesnt have it. LAC has it in Griffin- and to a certain extent in Jordan i guess. Houston has it in Dwight....

but honestly- as far as a true big man (6' 11 or taller), a guy that can hit the 18 footer, can post up, or run the pick and roll- Pau Gasol probably is the best offensive big man left in the playoffs. What a great upgrade over Boozer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will be ready now. He got his bad/horrible game out of the way.

If James score 8-10 more, and Kyrie 8-10 less, it's still the same thing.

Cavs really need Miller ( not happening) or someone else to become a legit scoring threat.
Bulls right now can just focus on stopping 2 players.
They'll live with Shumpert being the 3 rd option.

Bulls had wide open shots all over the court, all night.
If they don't correct that, they won't win the series. Simple as that.

It figured to come eventually come down to team D for the Cavs and it has.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good win, but Dunleavy was 5 for 5 the first quarter then only had one shot the rest of the game. I think he could have kept the Bulls way out front if they had looked for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree our Big don't have to play much D on their guys but they still have to play Team D. Not having our Big stretch out is big for the Bulls. They don't have to run around and find Love. Losing Love does hurt them and great to see Cavs and Cavs fan see how important he was. They bashed him all year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James score 8-10 more, and Kyrie 8-10 less, it's still the same thing.

Cavs really need Miller ( not happening) or someone else to become a legit scoring threat.
Bulls right now can just focus on stopping 2 players.
They'll live with Shumpert being the 3 rd option.

Bulls had wide open shots all over the court, all night.
If they don't correct that, they won't win the series. Simple as that.

It figured to come eventually come down to team D for the Cavs and it has.
I agree LBJ did not have a bad game. Guy almost had a triple double. He choked down the stretch with all those turnovers but overall he did not have a bad game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worries after Game 1:
- Gasol is a big problem for the Cavs. He will have no problem continuing to knock down that 12-15 footer.
- Rose looks as "back" as he ever has. Hitting jumpshots and 3's, too.

My looking-on-the-brightside after Game 1:
- The Bulls shot lights out. I just don't see them shooting that well collectively, consistently. Yes, they were getting good looks... but they were shooting lights out even for that. What was it 9-12 from 3 at one point?
- Kyrie was aggressive and successful getting to the rim. He had some very un-Kyrie-like missed layups in the first half... but then settled into his normal mode as one of the best finishers.

My one sentence summation of the game:
The Bulls used great offense and hot shooting to jump out to a big lead... and then answered every single Cavs run with a great run of their own throughout the entire game.