• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Considering that the first 2 games are in Cleveland, that would have to be a really, really weird way for them to have momentum going into game 3 if they lose even 1 of the first 2 games.

I just mean knowing that they are getting their starter back in Game 3. IF the Bulls win both of those... that will be a tough hill to climb. But if the Cavs are up 2-0 or tied 1-1... and heading to game 3 knowing they get JR now... I think that will be psychological momentum.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James will have some great games moving forward, but his BEST basketball was played in Miami.

Back to back rings and league MVP's.
That's not happening again.

How many players on the plus side of 30 who have played over 40,000 minutes EVER played there best ball moving forward?

You can try to downplay what losing will mean this season, and try to spin it into what you hope the future will be BUT FACT is that is they lose, James will be 0-8 in Cleveland and 2-4 in Miami with 4 Finals appearances.

FACT remains (and taking nothing away from James' play in the series) that if Pops doesn't make some very strange coaching decisions in that famous game 6 meltdown combined with Allen hitting a crazy shot, his ring count is 1.

Look at Ok City. A few years back, everyone thought they would be a perennial Finals /championship team--- and they haven't been back since.

What I'm saying is, the window of opportunity is never that big.
If you blow it when it is open, it might not reopen.

Sounds like you read "How to Make Absolute Declarations About The Future" by Dan Gilbert.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean knowing that they are getting their starter back in Game 3. IF the Bulls win both of those... that will be a tough hill to climb. But if the Cavs are up 2-0 or tied 1-1... and heading to game 3 knowing they get JR now... I think that will be psychological momentum.

I guess that's one way to look at it. Another way is that they would have lost HCA which will likely be significant in this series. Although I suppose it's possible that this could end up being like Spurs/Clips series where HCA hasn't meant shit.

Do you think JR will make that much difference? I could see the point if the Cavs were getting Love back going into game 3, he is their floor spacer and opens up the middle for Lebron and Kyrie to drive and dish or just drive to the hoop. Personally, I don't know that JR can be trusted to provide that as consistently as Love. If he can't, then the Bulls can pack the paint and make it very, very difficult on Lebron and Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have to play James at the 4 to open the floor up. JR makes a difference he can defend and shoot the 3.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's one way to look at it. Another way is that they would have lost HCA which will likely be significant in this series. Although I suppose it's possible that this could end up being like Spurs/Clips series where HCA hasn't meant shit.

Do you think JR will make that much difference? I could see the point if the Cavs were getting Love back going into game 3, he is their floor spacer and opens up the middle for Lebron and Kyrie to drive and dish or just drive to the hoop. Personally, I don't know that JR can be trusted to provide that as consistently as Love. If he can't, then the Bulls can pack the paint and make it very, very difficult on Lebron and Kyrie.

I think JR means a lot more now with Love out. He is the Cavs only real floor stretcher (not counting 50 year old dudes).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JR means a lot more now with Love out. He is the Cavs only real floor stretcher (not counting 50 year old dudes).

That's my question with him though. Do you trust him to be consistent enough over the course of a 7 game series for the Cavs to take out the Bulls who are finally healthy and seem like they are getting on the same page?

To me, his talent level says yes, but his history says no.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my question with him though. Do you trust him to be consistent enough over the course of a 7 game series for the Cavs to take out the Bulls who are finally healthy and seem like they are getting on the same page?

To me, his talent level says yes, but his history says no.

Yeah, that's very fair, IMO. If not for the last 3-4 months... I would be very worried about whether the hot-shooting JR would show up or the offense-killing chucker would show up.

This season he has been, IMO, very consistent and very rarely a hindrance (stupid back-slap punch aside) to the team. This has my hope level higher than it otherwise would be... but he definitely has history beyond this season... so I guess we'll see.

Hopefully he doesn't show up in Game 3 trying to be the hero and just falls back into line with what he's been doing all season long.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's very fair, IMO. If not for the last 3-4 months... I would be very worried about whether the hot-shooting JR would show up or the offense-killing chucker would show up.

This season he has been, IMO, very consistent and very rarely a hindrance (stupid back-slap punch aside) to the team. This has my hope level higher than it otherwise would be... but he definitely has history beyond this season... so I guess we'll see.

Hopefully he doesn't show up in Game 3 trying to be the hero and just falls back into line with what he's been doing all season long.

The bold are what would worry me if I was a Cavs fan. I agree that for the most JR has been a good addition for the Cavs. But the problem with guys like that where there's "good JR" and "bad JR" is that the "bad" one sometimes will show up at the worst possible time.

Case in point, the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest was a model citizen for the majority of the time he was with the Lakers, especially in 2010 when they won the championship. However, the next season he got himself suspended for 2 games vs. Dallas in the 2nd round and then of course there was the flying elbow off the top turnbuckle to Harden's neck the season after that. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are going to be pissed off, however I think the Bulls are ready and motivated as well. This will be a hard-fought series. Who steps up in clutch time?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that for the most JR has been a good addition for the Cavs. But the problem with guys like that where there's "good JR" and "bad JR" is that the "bad" one sometimes will show up at the worst possible time.

This is from a comment a Cavs fan made on an article on another site:

I’m terrified that an opposing coach is going to come up to JR, snap his fingers, and say "You’re J.R. Smith", and he’s going to wake up from his trance and realize that he is, indeed, J.R. Smith.

Funny, but also true.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James will have some great games moving forward, but his BEST basketball was played in Miami.

Back to back rings and league MVP's.
That's not happening again.

How many players on the plus side of 30 who have played over 40,000 minutes EVER played there best ball moving forward?

You can try to downplay what losing will mean this season, and try to spin it into what you hope the future will be BUT FACT is that is they lose, James will be 0-8 in Cleveland and 2-4 in Miami with 4 Finals appearances.

FACT remains (and taking nothing away from James' play in the series) that if Pops doesn't make some very strange coaching decisions in that famous game 6 meltdown combined with Allen hitting a crazy shot, his ring count is 1.

Look at Ok City. A few years back, everyone thought they would be a perennial Finals /championship team--- and they haven't been back since.

What I'm saying is, the window of opportunity is never that big.
If you blow it when it is open, it might not reopen.
What does the Heat have to do with this series??? :L

Stop trying to make it about Miami every time. It's the Bulls v. Cavs. Heat aren't in the playoffs. Let it go.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the winner of this series wins the Eastern Conference. No disrespect you ATL but these are the two best teams in the East.

First two games we will be without JR Smith, if we can go 1-1 then I am ok with that.

If we head into game 5 (at home) with the series tied 2-2 I think we win it. Either way, I see this series going 6-7 games. Should be a great series to watch and I can't wait to see how Bron comes out and plays.

I am also a fan of how grindy Noah plays and think he'll have a good series as well.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to watch Mozgov v. Gasol in the post. Cant wait to watch DRose and Kyrie go at eachother and prove to the world who the better player is. Cant wait to see if the Cavs vets can turn back the clock one more time. Cant wait to see if Mirotic continues to develop into a stud in front of our eyes. CAnt wait to see if Jimmy Butler can validate the praise he has received this year and establish himself as an elite player in this league. Cant wait to see if TT can continue to outwork everyone on the court and average 5 offensive boards a game. Cant wait to see if Joakim Noah and his trash talk and villain status in Cleveland is equaled by his play. Cant wait to see how Jr Smith reacts- I can tell ya- its either going to be feast or famine. Cant wait to see which coach pushes the right buttons- Thibs or Blatt. Cant wait to see if Iman Shumpert can erase a Rose or Butler for a couple games on the perimeter. Cant wait to see Mozgov and Gasol try and beat eachother up and foul eachother out.

Cant wait to see what #23 has up his sleeve. Something tells me his best basketball of his career is yet to be played.

Cavs in 7:hope:

Whoever decides they need to prove who the better individual player is will be on the team that loses. Bulls need to play team defense period. Cavs will try to get them to switch coverages to get mismatches. Bulls need to fight thru them, hold up that picker that is about to roll. Its been their biggest problem all season, the high pick and roll. Cant keep losing because of bad switches.

Its gonna be as much fun watching Thompson or Mozgov trying to go out and cover Nico as it would have been for cavs fans to watch the bulls try to cover Love outside. Nico needs a huge series, needs to make them pay for the cavs attempting to shut down the guards. Hopefully he gets on the court enough.

If the bulls cant keep up they need to bite the bullet and bring noah or gasol off the bench to get the more athletic 4 out there.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much easy money to bet on lebron. He's lost like 2 second rounds his entire career because the league makes sure they don't call any fouls on him or his team.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs will make sure lebron wins.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the homer that says "we" when talking about the cavs or any cleveland team. I pretty much stop reading anyones posts like that

Show me 1 post where I've referred to the Cavs as "we". I'll wait.

In the meantime you might want to adjust your tin foil hat... I think its restricting the flow of oxygen to your brain.