• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it was they did to Siakam exactly but boy did that kid shit the bed tonight. Turnovers, terrible shots, terrible fouls. God he was awful and single-handedly lost that game for them. Not sure why Nurse didn't pull him out.

But, C's were the better team and good luck to them vs the Heat.

Not use to being the big dog. It's different in the regular season. Now when they got into a fight of a series without Kawhi there to take that pressure, he couldn't withstand it and perform.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not use to being the big dog. It's different in the regular season. Now when they got into a fight of a series without Kawhi there to take that pressure, he couldn't withstand it and perform.

You might be right but Siakam wasn't the same player in the games in the bubble leading up to the playoffs either. It's like he spent the entire 'break' on his console. I recorded the game and really want to rewatch it and see how many points he directly cost them with everything stupid he did in that game. I was a big fan but now have my doubts. He came up super small in this round in particular.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to those teams on defense... but they don't have the hustle and consistency that Toronto and Boston has on that end.

LAC and LAL will sleepwalk at times... and Miami has weak links in their chain.

Gotta disagree. The Clippers may sleepwalk at times but the likelihood decreases in the nba finals. Kawhi and PG is an elite defensive tandem along with Bev

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to those teams on defense... but they don't have the hustle and consistency that Toronto and Boston has on that end.

LAC and LAL will sleepwalk at times... and Miami has weak links in their chain.
And Boston sleepwalks on offense. It goes both ways. They are going to sleepwalk in the Finals.

regular season to playoffs is a way different game. Playoffs to Finals is a way different game. Not to mention not one player on Boston has Finals experience. Boston has a bright future though.

Remember Lebron beat Boston with a shit supporting cast and the worst defense in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Boston sleepwalks on offense. It goes both ways. They are going to sleepwalk in the Finals.

regular season to playoffs is a way different game. Playoffs to Finals is a way different game. Not to mention not one player on Boston has Finals experience. Boston has a bright future though.

Remember Lebron beat Boston with a shit supporting cast and the worst defense in the league.

That was a very different Boston team.

I know many of the names are the same, but they are different, better players today. Plus they added Kemba.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Lakers complain about? I assume this is the late game because it's a game 7 and will get more eyeballs on it.
wondered the same. Lakers were not even playing so why would they complain?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always playing the late game. I thought the league did that to accommodate West Coast fans since the 630 game EST starts when most on the west coast are likely still at work.
OK, but Lakers were off so why would they complain?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but Lakers were off so why would they complain?

Why would they complain? Let me answer this in the most unbiased way possible.

They a bunch of bitches! :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very different Boston team.

I know many of the names are the same, but they are different, better players today. Plus they added Kemba.

Speaking of Kemba he picked a bad time to go into a shooting slump. His numbers from games 6 and 7.

52 minutes. 2-11 (1-6 from deep)
44 minutes. 5-16 (1-7 from deep)

He's gotta play better in the conference finals.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought of something.

Fuck Kyrie!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kemba he picked a bad time to go into a shooting slump. His numbers from games 6 and 7.

52 minutes. 2-11 (1-6 from deep)
44 minutes. 5-16 (1-7 from deep)

He's gotta play better in the conference finals.

Yeah, he wasn’t good.

That said, the Raptors keyed on him with that box and 1 in the first half 2 games in a row.

pretty hard to find a rhythm.

IMO, there box and 1 was fool’s gold for the Raptors. Keep Kemba down, let everyone else go off. Raps win game 6 not because of their defensive game plan. They won because they made a ton of plays down the stretch.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. The Clippers may sleepwalk at times but the likelihood decreases in the nba finals. Kawhi and PG is an elite defensive tandem along with Bev
I don't understand what you're disagreeing with. Nothing you say after "disagree" goes against anything I said. :noidea:

I never suggested the Clips don't have a number of great, individual defenders.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what you're disagreeing with. Nothing you say after "disagree" goes against anything I said. :noidea:

I never suggested the Clips don't have a number of great, individual defenders.

My context was inferred lol

I think LAC is a better overall defensive team

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My context was inferred lol

I think LAC is a better overall defensive team
Maybe. Kawhi is the best defensive weapon in the NBA, IMO.

That being said, I don't love a guy like Zubac on defense... nor Harrell for that matter. Theis is better than either because of his mobility... he has really emerged as a rock solid modern big who can hold his own against modern spread/space offenses.

Brown/Smart vs George/Beverly... ?... let's call it a push on that front.

It's an interesting debate... and more interesting if they actually match-up in the Finals.