• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 8) Miami Heat vs 5) New York Knicks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop, there is no fix. Refs are human, the constant bitching about refs in sports is absolutely annoying. No ref has ever decided the outcome of a game. If a couple bad calls determined the game then you didn't play good enough to win, period.
That’s not true. Officials have determined outcomes in all sports. It’s the nature of the beast with the human element. The officials decided the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying bad calls don't influence games, I'm saying blaming the refs is a bitch move. If one bad call can determine whether you win or lose then your team didn't do enough during the rest of the game to overcome one bad call. I have always hated the blaming the refs crap, it is usually the same type of people that can't acknowledge their own shortcomings in life and find blame everywhere but themselves.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying bad calls don't influence games, I'm saying blaming the refs is a bitch move. If one bad call can determine whether you win or lose then your team didn't do enough during the rest of the game to overcome one bad call. I have always hated the blaming the refs crap, it is usually the same type of people that can't acknowledge their own shortcomings in life and find blame everywhere but themselves.

Exactly. The fact is that referees, especially at the professional level, get the overwhelming majority of calls correct. They are as good as and maybe even better than they've ever been.

The difference is that we now have 24/7 news cycles and social media. So, the few mistakes they make get posted and rehashed all over the place and people looking for excuses cling to them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a big reach but whatever. It’s just not factual to say that officials can’t from time to time determine the outcome of games because it happens in all sports.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not true. Officials have determined outcomes in all sports. It’s the nature of the beast with the human element. The officials decided the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Oy vey. Yes, the refs calling a holding penalty on a player that admitted that he held "determined the outcome" of the Super Bowl.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks got some serious home cooking from the refs lol

NBA needs a close series

I don't know if it's home cooking or just the inadequacies of Scott Foster. If it's intentional, it's a big problem. If he just sucks, it's at least likely to swing the other way at some point.

That said, my takeaway from this game is that the Heat had a decent lead going into the 4th without Jimmy. If he's back for game 3, combined with going home, the Heat are still in great position to take this series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oy vey. Yes, the refs calling a holding penalty on a player that admitted that he held "determined the outcome" of the Super Bowl.
It absolutely did. It gave the Chiefs the ability to run the clock out. That play wasn’t a hold all game. The officials decided to change up the standard in the guts of the game. The officials took away the Eagles chance to go ahead or extend the game. The officials determined the outcome. Juju is slow as fuck. No way in hell he gets to that over throw.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely did. It gave the Chiefs the ability to run the clock out. That play wasn’t a hold all game. The officials decided to change up the standard in the guts of the game. The officials took away the Eagles chance to go ahead or extend the game. The officials determined the outcome. Juju is slow as fuck. No way in hell he gets to that over throw.

The hold took away the Eagles chance, not the refs. Their job is to call fouls when committed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hold took away the Eagles chance, not the refs. Their job is to call fouls when committed.
Then they didn’t do their job for the first 58 minutes of the game because all game long that action didn’t draw a flag. Shit there was a first half play with the same tug by the same player on Juju right in front of an official. Players react to the way the game is called and that wasn’t a whistle all game.

I’m not hijacking this thread further. The officials and not the players determined the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all that NFL chatter blah blah blah...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting this after 1 win in a series is crazy

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not upset about his lack of scoring really, that has never been his game. I’m more upset about the lack of rebounds from him. That’s what I mean when I say he played small. Look at what Kevon Looney is doing for GS, I wanna see that from Bam.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't call him soft. His defense was good as always. My issue with him tonight is he lacked the aggressiveness we needed with Jimmy out. This tied his fewest attempts in a game this playoffs and the other game he had 10 shots was the game 3 blowout win over the bucks when he didn't play the 4th. My big thing with bam in the playoffs is just be aggressive and if the shots aren't falling then so be it. He has done that this playoffs in addition to great defense which is why i basically never complain about him
I wouldn't either.....The soft label is thrown around way too much. Heard it on the Cavs, too. Here's a flash. NY is kind of good at rebounding. On some may have applied but Mobley (as many said)? Kooky talk. Guy led both teams in rebounding and played his usual elite D. Yeah. Needed to be more aggressive on O.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't either.....The soft label is thrown around way too much. Heard it on the Cavs, too. Here's a flash. NY is kind of good at rebounding. On some may have applied but Mobley (as many said)? Kooky talk. Guy led both teams in rebounding and played his usual elite D. Yeah. Needed to be more aggressive on O.
When Robinson is healthy the Knicks are excellent on the boards, especially the offensive boards. He's been hurt so much over the last few years so it doesn't always come across. Hartenstein does a nice job rebounding in his limited minutes as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Robinson is healthy the Knicks are excellent on the boards, especially the offensive boards. He's been hurt so much over the last few years so it doesn't always come across. Hartenstein does a nice job rebounding in his limited minutes as well.
Hartenstein definitely someone we could have used.....though I get why we didn't bring him back, since at the time we still had Love and Markkenen in the front court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should add it's possible he didn't want to return as he knew he wouldn't play much had he stayed. If he's a FA I wonder if he'd reconsider....though he might have played his way out of our price range and good for him.