• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd Half Predictions

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll the 1st wasn’t exactly sunshine and rainbows, but they did end it on a high note. Thoughts on the White Sox win total? Personally while the offense seems to be coming around, I have big concerns about the pitching staff. Lynn and Giolito show no signs of returning to past performance, and the bullpen does not have a lot of depth. I think they’ll end up between 85-88 wins.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90 wins for the Sox
Think I'm gonna scout out an area in between you fellas. Naturally, I much, much prefer Mingo's positive prediction. And it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Now they'd have to go 44-26 the rest of the way in order to hit that mark. Is that doable? No doubt, but when you think it took us the previous 89 games to win that same amount, it might not appear all that likely. Then again, as I'm sure Mingo is factoring in, if we're trending in any direction, it's definitely on the upswing. We've won 7 out of our last 10 by a combined score of 58-25, dominant numbers indeed AND all against division opponents. And the back half schedule, while still filled with very tough series against some very tough teams, nonetheless looks more favorable than the one we just completed.

Then again, we're talking about our beloved White Sox, the team renowned for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So I more than understand CSF's more pessimistic .500 prediction. After, it's our record right now 11 games past the halfway point. Why should we suddenly expect better results? Not one unit within our team has shown any consistency all year, with the exception of our defense, which has been consistently bad.

Still, I tend to take the half full approach, so accordingly I'm going with a final record of 87-65. And yes that will be good enough to win the AL Central.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I tend to take the half full approach, so accordingly I'm going with a final record of 87-65. And yes that will be good enough to win the AL Central.

What about the last 10 games of the season?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough and VERY important to say the least. Actually the last 9 games are 3 with Minny (road), 3 with the Friars (road), then 3 with Minny again (home). Ask me that same question about 2 weeks ago and I would have simply said "GULP". But while we've started to heat up, both of those clubs have struggled of late, so it will be interesting to see how they regroup and fare the rest of the way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough and VERY important to say the least. Actually the last 9 games are 3 with Minny (road), 3 with the Friars (road), then 3 with Minny again (home). Ask me that same question about 2 weeks ago and I would have simply said "GULP". But while we've started to heat up, both of those clubs have struggled of late, so it will be interesting to see how they regroup and fare the rest of the way.
OH, LOL!!!!! I just realized my mathematical faux pas. Boy, can I be blond at times or what????

That would be a predicted record of 87-75, spank you very much!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would strongly advise betting against White Sox every time we hit .500. Tomorrow is an L.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would strongly advise betting against White Sox every time we hit .500. Tomorrow is an L.
This theory also demands me to predict 81 wins.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize, of course, the contrarian Sox will now go on a 10-game win streak. I, for one, thank you for your capitulation.

Sheeeeettt....If that was the case we'd have like 17 championships and be talkin' about "Look out Yankees" right now...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're still right in the thick of this speaks volumes to how weak the division is. Even if we fall a good deal short of what we all expected and wanted. I have to think that on pure talent alone, they'll find a way to have a good stretch somewhere here (light upcoming schedule helping) and win the division with a win total somewhere between 84 and 88. 90 wins only happens if they really catch a massive hot streak and have a month where they win like 20 of 28 games.

For the sake of sticking together. I'll ride with my guy LSD here and say 87-75. We win the Central and then from there... we just hope that things are finally clicking into place at the right time.

This trade deadline has me extremely curious, to say the least. Perhaps the most interested I've been to see what a White Sox team will do. A lot of different ways the FO can play this.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're still right in the thick of this speaks volumes to how weak the division is. Even if we fall a good deal short of what we all expected and wanted. I have to think that on pure talent alone, they'll find a way to have a good stretch somewhere here (light upcoming schedule helping) and win the division with a win total somewhere between 84 and 88. 90 wins only happens if they really catch a massive hot streak and have a month where they win like 20 of 28 games.

For the sake of sticking together. I'll ride with my guy LSD here and say 87-75. We win the Central and then from there... we just hope that things are finally clicking into place at the right time.

This trade deadline has me extremely curious, to say the least. Perhaps the most interested I've been to see what a White Sox team will do. A lot of different ways the FO can play this.

If I expect nothing does that mean Mingo is expecting at least 2 all star acquisitions?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I expect nothing does that mean Mingo is expecting at least 2 all star acquisitions?
Doom and gloom! Bring it @Jiddy - see if you can get depressed enough to bring in Juan Soto.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopeless optimism equals unrealistic dreaming and almost always ends in disappointment. one of the reasons i hardly post here. if you're honest with yourself and fair in your expectations (some posters here HATE that) your a pessimist. they believe anything short of optimism is bad (for some stupid reason) and they'll not forgive you for it. how many times so far this year did the sox win a couple in a row and they're all "ok, this is the big turnaround!"? it's been laughable watching them do this. even now they refuse to believe their own eyes.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doom and gloom! Bring it @Jiddy - see if you can get depressed enough to bring in Juan Soto.
just gotta say this mingo. you're an idiot! to you, realistic thinking is doom and gloom. how stupid is that? have you seen ANY of this season? where are they? why should you expect anything different than what you've seen over and over again? acknowledging reality is doom and gloom? do yourself a favor. google 'critical thinking' some time.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just gotta say this mingo. you're an idiot! to you, realistic thinking is doom and gloom. how stupid is that? have you seen ANY of this season? where are they? why should you expect anything different than what you've seen over and over again? acknowledging reality is doom and gloom? do yourself a favor. google 'critical thinking' some time.

iddy, you gotta chill my man. Mingo and I are just riffin'. Sox are flawed. Highly unlikely they finish this season with anything significant of merit...BUT...Might as well enjoy the ride. :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iddy, you gotta chill my man. Mingo and I are just riffin'. Sox are flawed. Highly unlikely they finish this season with anything significant of merit...BUT...Might as well enjoy the ride. :)
The iddy-ot is back? LOL, he must be salivating over the Sox misery this season. Anyway, I agree, the Sox are flawed, but thanks in large part to a weak division, we still be in the race. So like you said, enjoy the ride!!