• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21 Former Players Suing NFL Over Concussions

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw an article yesterday that mentioned only a few players engaged in a law suit and now today I am seeing this article stating 21 players...

The implications of this will be far reaching and could be game changing in measures more severe than what we are currently witnessing.

21 Players Suing The NFL

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure these men played football in high school and college as well. They shouldn't limit their suit to the NFL.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna sue the NFL if i get a concussion...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it appears the NFL could have mislead them due to their committees statement in 2003 and then their committees reversal in 2010 of said statement.

You can get a concussion and feel fine a few weeks later and if some doctors said its ok, no long term affects, you would think cool now back to busting heads.

They have to prove if the committee in 2003 had an agenda or not. The science on concussions was young back in the 90s when that committee was formed, well at least to the general public, so who knows what they knew.

This is clearly a case of a wealthy institution using experts, that are employeed by them. That could be shown as bias and having negligence when it comes to your health and safety in the work place.

Last edited by a moderator:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I got as far as "Im", and then my eyes went left - Sorry Bro, but I have no idea what you wrote!

Damnit Nobody can take me serious! lol

I love that picture though lol

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure these men played football in high school and college as well. They shouldn't limit their suit to the NFL.

The first sentence in that post was great. That 2nd one was terrible!

You played in the NFL. You're going to get hurt. You knew this in advdance! Don't be a litigious bitch!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I got a job as a food critic, and I gained 20 pounds over the course of the year because I was eating too much. Now I'm gonna sue my boss because I don't have a six pack any more.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well it appears the NFL could have mislead them due to their committees statement in 2003 and then their committees reversal in 2010 of said statement.

You can get a concussion and feel fine a few weeks later and if some doctors said its ok, no long term affects, you would think cool now back to busting heads.

They have to prove if the committee in 2003 had an agenda or not. The science on concussions was young back in the 90s when that committee was formed, well at least to the general public, so who knows what they knew.

This is clearly a case of a wealthy institution using experts, that are employeed by them. That could be shown as bias and having negligence when it comes to your health and safety in the work place.

Exactly, were the players mislead will be one of the hooks of the case. Players, after-all, are not doctors.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"It accuses the NFL of deliberately omitting or concealing years of evidence linking concussions to long-term neurological problems."

That is moronic! The NFL isn't in the business of doing medical research. If someone thinks about that sentence for about 3 seconds they'll realize how stupid it is.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It accuses the NFL of deliberately omitting or concealing years of evidence linking concussions to long-term neurological problems."

That is moronic! The NFL isn't in the business of doing medical research. If someone thinks about that sentence for about 3 seconds they'll realize how stupid it is.

Come on man!

If the job can cause long term health effects, its the duty of the employeer to inform you. In fact I'm sure its probably the law, lol.

Broken bones and torn legiments/muslces is a given but brain injuries was a young science in the 90s. They may have not been in the business of doing the research but they sure as hell didn't help their cause by employing their own research committee instead of hiring an outside one. That my friend is moronic!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Come on man!

If the job can cause long term health effects, its the duty of the employeer to inform you. In fact I'm sure its probably the law, lol.

THEY DO INFORM THEM!!! IT'S FOOTBALL!!! ONE CAN DIE PLAYING IT FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP!!!

They may have not been in the business of doing the research but they sure as hell didn't help their cause by employing their own research committee instead of hiring an outside one. That my friend is moronic!

There isn't a cause to begin with! The NFL doing medical research is going above and beyond what their business entails. They don't even have to do it in the first place. They're doing extra! They employ a MEDICAL STAFF! It's the responsibility of the medical staff to ensure the safety of the players not the NFL. That's why they take a hippocratic oath. If a doctor cleared a player to play when he knew the player shouldn't be out there then they need to try to prove malpractice (which they never could because this isn't anywhere near malpractice).

Litigious whiney assholes like these are running amuck in this country. Friggn' lawyers.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I got a job as a food critic, and I gained 20 pounds over the course of the year because I was eating too much. Now I'm gonna sue my boss because I don't have a six pack any more.

You should've put an insurance policy on the abs.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article yesterday that mentioned only a few players engaged in a law suit and now today I am seeing this article stating 21 players...

The implications of this will be far reaching and could be game changing in measures more severe than what we are currently witnessing.

21 Players Suing The NFL

This is similar to one of the lawsuit against McDonalds. The one where they were sued for making people OBESE!

Only in America...

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the players win this lawsuit and it will change the game forever

Drcja

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

21 Players Suing The NFL

Players have been on notice for decades that contact sports produce traumatic injuries. When they received their first head injury they were so macho that they did not seek medical attention or report it to anyone. That behavior had continued for many years.

The coaches were not trained in recognizing those injuries. It was up to the highly paid players to report their injuries and they failed to do that. Now they are suing?

Drcja

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The highly paid players failed to receive medical attention because they were macho and faced the possibility of ending their career if they did report their head injuries. Head injuries are hidden injuries unlike a fractured leg. Coaches were not trained to recognize them either.

There is no helmet in the world that could eliminate head injuries nan/or concussions. They only reduce the risk the risk. Even the proposed new ice hockey helmets will not perform any better than the preexisting ones. Now the well paid professionals are suing? They are blaming everyone else but themselves.